Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550-43.jpg  

Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550-44.jpg  

Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550-45.jpg  

Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550-46.jpg  

ManMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2011, 17:19   #17
BHPian

Re: Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550

Got the Fuel Pump from Service. Fuel injector nozzle was also serviced.
Total service cost was around Rs.8000/-

Engine is also ready to be mounted.

Pictures to follow.
Attached Thumbnails
Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550-47.jpg  

Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550-48.jpg  

Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550-49.jpg  

Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550-50.jpg  

Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550-51.jpg  

Old 14th September 2011, 15:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for a great buy. Arka is the right man for advice. On his advice coupled with advice from others, i bought my 550 too and am very happy with it. Its a go anywhere vehicle if shod with the correct tyres for the occasion. I would suggest you change from Army rims to other alloys as these Army rims are extremely heavy (approx 17kgs each if im not wrong)

What work did you carry out on your gear box and transfer case. Kindly share the cost with us so we can compare what we pay for that here in Mumbai.

Awaiting more updates on the Jeep. Enjoy and all the best.
Old 14th September 2011, 16:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

Did you rebuild the engine? Super fast work by ali, 10 days for all these, wow.

If not for anything else, I am drooling over the shiny outcome of all ur important components.

Whats plans for tinkering/painting?

I feel 1.6L may be a bit high for this condition jeep, but no big deal. the outcome matters
Old 16th September 2011, 17:31   #20
BHPian

Thanx V-16

I am not going to change to alloy for now, cos VITAMIN M Matters but i will surely do in the future.

Work carried out in Gearbox

a)Complete bearing changed.
b)3 Nos. Synchronization cone changed.
c)Oil Seal changed completely.

Approx. cost involved on gearbox Rs.4,500/-

Work carried out in transfer case

a)Oil and Oil seal changed.
b)General service.

Thanx svsantosh

No i did not rebuild the engine. Its 2007 Model. Just serviced Fuel pump and Fuel injector nozzle.

No tinkering and painting now. First Mechanical then all the cosmetics
Old 16th September 2011, 17:34   #21
BHPian

I don't want to take risk on the fuel tank, if we use old tank, may be the quality of fuel will change. I was told to service the tank but i rejected it. We can spend money on important components but not all.
Old 16th September 2011, 17:36   #22
BHPian

Pictures to follow...
Attached Thumbnails
Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550-52.jpg  

Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550-53.jpg  

Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550-54.jpg  

Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550-55.jpg  

Old 16th September 2011, 21:41   #23
BHPian

One of the best action pictures of Jeep. I got these pictures from Facebook from the group Mahindra Great Escape. Check the pictures below. If you scroll down continuously, you can get the jeep in action
Attached Thumbnails
Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550-1.jpg  

Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550-2.jpg  

Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550-4.jpg  

Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550-5.jpg  

Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550-6.jpg  

Attached Images

ManMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2011, 06:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

ManMachine congratulations for your MM550, though there are plenty of them here but still not enough, especially for me, I am a vivid lover of MM550 though I don't own it (hope to do it soon in future) this magnificent machine has got all what it takes to be a perfect off road vehicle and at the same time can be used as a daily runner. I wish to get my hands dirty on this beauty sometime soon and have an extensive plans for it as well.

Good going in regards to the works carried out till now, and hope your will find the rest to be smooth as well, all the very best and I am glued to this thread.

I agree to your point reg the actions done by MM550 and these pictures are sequential and just inspiring to any Jeeper.

Last edited by chanu : 17th September 2011 at 06:01.
Old 17th September 2011, 14:29   #25
BHPian

dear manmachine,
can you please post the cost of the parts and the labour charges - in detail ?
the way ali is doing work, i am sure there will be floods like mumbai in chennai soon.
also, check the rear diff LSD, Bearings, prop shaft etc., for any unwanted vibes, which can spoil the drive. change all hoses, cables, rubber bushes, engine/GB mountings now itself, for the better.
my sincere suggestion would be to do all mechanical works completely and after the drive satisfaction, go for tinkering/painting/alloys/tyres/interiors etc.,.
Have a Nice Jeeping Life, Cheers !!!
Old 19th September 2011, 20:54   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
ManMachine congratulations for your MM550, though there are plenty of them here but still not enough, especially for me, I am a vivid lover of MM550 though I don't own it (hope to do it soon in future) this magnificent machine has got all what it takes to be a perfect off road vehicle and at the same time can be used as a daily runner. I wish to get my hands dirty on this beauty sometime soon and have an extensive plans for it as well.

Good going in regards to the works carried out till now, and hope your will find the rest to be smooth as well, all the very best and I am glued to this thread.

I agree to your point reg the actions done by MM550 and these pictures are sequential and just inspiring to any Jeeper.
Hi Chanu, thanx for the appreciation regarding the works carried out. I wish you good luck for the hunt. Every time i keep my hands on the beast, its gets dirty and one of my friend tore his shirt as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekaran View Post
dear manmachine,
can you please post the cost of the parts and the labour charges - in detail ?
the way ali is doing work, i am sure there will be floods like mumbai in chennai soon.
also, check the rear diff LSD, Bearings, prop shaft etc., for any unwanted vibes, which can spoil the drive. change all hoses, cables, rubber bushes, engine/GB mountings now itself, for the better.
my sincere suggestion would be to do all mechanical works completely and after the drive satisfaction, go for tinkering/painting/alloys/tyres/interiors etc.,.
Have a Nice Jeeping Life, Cheers !!!
Once i get the bill, i'll put the details for sure. Thanx for the input regarding the rear diff LSD, Bearing and prop shaft, i will surely check with my Ali regarding these. Tinkering/Painting/Alloys/Tyres/interiors are strict No No for Now. As i have mentioned earlier VITAMIN M Matters.
Old 19th September 2011, 21:05   #27
BHPian

a) Flushed the engine with Diesel.
b) Brake Booster with Master Cylinder Assembly replaced.
c) New Shock Absorbers installed as well.

There was 2 unexpected cost which spoiled my cost plan

1) Fuel Pump Service - Around Rs.8000/-
2) Brake Booster with MC - Around Rs. 8000/-

Always expect the unexpected.
Old 19th September 2011, 21:08   #28
BHPian

Pictures of Brake Cylinder with MC
Attached Thumbnails
Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550-56.jpg  

Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550-57.jpg  

Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550-58.jpg  

Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550-59.jpg  

Old 19th September 2011, 21:09   #29
BHPian

Took the Vehicle for Test Drive
Attached Thumbnails
Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550-60.jpg  

Man and the Machine : Yet again MM550-61.jpg  

Old 19th September 2011, 21:20   #30
BHPian

Mahindra 4x4 is definitely not for everyone. It largely depends on your personality, whether to like it or leave it. Car enthusiast will look for ride and comfort where they will be completely disappointed. Families with children will look for safety and security.
For people who look to commute from A to B should look elsewhere, because Mahindra 4X4 is for those who seek adventure, those who have an interest in taking their vehicle places they've never gone before, and those who enjoy driving for no reason other than to be out in the great outdoors.

Some think of a Mahindra 4X4 basically as a crude form of SUV. But the Mahindra 4X4 is more about attitude and less about practicality than most other SUVs on the market.

PROS
  • You will want to drive places you've never been before
  • You will long for days when you can take the top and doors off and feel the wind through your hair.
  • You will crave the attention you receive from other drivers - those just envying yours.
  • You will be inclined to become a do-it-yourself mechanic, as repairs are quite simple.
  • Auto’s and Bike’s thinks twice before cutting across our vehicle – you will be respected.(I mean your vehicle will be respected)
  • Height advantage over most cars - great visibility
  • Can be fully customized to your liking - lots of options & aftermarket items
  • Rugged and durable - lasts for many years.
  • Handles well on pavement, mud, sand, snow, water, etc.
  • Parts are plentiful and cheap for repairs
In total, Mahindra 4X4 gives you the ability to express yourself, and allows you the freedom to drive anywhere you want to drive. It's the ultimate "go anywhere, do anything" vehicle! Whether you're young in age or young at heart, it's the youthful sense of adventure that make a Mahindra 4X4 a great vehicle to own.

CONS
  • If you're overly concerned about luxury, safety or security, you won't like a Mahindra 4X4.
  • If you really need a passenger vehicle, a Mahindra 4X4 probably won't work for you.
  • If you have a long commute, you won't enjoy the noisy ride and comfort.
  • For old people, these vehicles are strict No No.
  • If you (or your passengers) are concerned about how you'll "look" when you get to your destination, then you might not appreciate the "sweat factor" or "windblown hair" you get from riding the vehicle.
  • Noisy - road, wind, engine, and tire noise.
  • Firm suspension results in a stiff, bumpy ride
  • Slow steering
  • Tall, boxy profile is not aerodynamic meaning greater wind resistance & wind noise
  • If you're riding without the top/sides, you must always be prepared for rain - plastic bags are a lifesaver for your gear.
In total Mahindra 4X4 is definitely a "no frills" vehicle. If comfort, security, and safety are tops on your list of vehicle requirements, you should probably think twice about buying Mahindra 4X4.
Chances are, you'll either love it or you'll hate it. That's what a Mahindra 4X4 is all about. If you can't decide and need a compromise, then buy a "regular " SUV.
Don't be mistaken, a Mahindra 4x4 not a comfortable "city car'" by any means. In fact, it's a better choice as a 2nd or 3rd vehicle than as a primary vehicle. And it's more practical for single people than for families with children.
While a Mahindra 4x4 rides more like a truck than a car, it's the type of vehicle for those who want to feel in touch with the road beneath them.

Word of Advice.

Don’t buy Mahindra 4x4 on impulse buy, instead do your homework thoroughly, research it, test drive friends vehicle and ask their experiences then decide upon owning one.
In fact, it may just be that even against your better judgment… even though your instincts are telling you that a Mahindra 4x4 is not a practical purchase, you may be one of the lucky ones who manages to derive enough pleasure from owning one to make it worth it in the end.
ManMachine is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks