Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2011, 15:08   #1
BHPian

Another MM550XD to Sarbloh 550

Hi Guys,

I have completed yet another MM550 rebuild. This one is different from the earlier one, with main difference being in the following:

a) The doors have been redesigned;
b) The member in the center of body (original roll bar) has been removed;
c) The curve of the bonnet & firewall has been extended to align with the mudguard;
d) The soft top is different, wherein it opens from the sides also. When removed, the Jeep has straight line profile;
e) I have retained the original steel wheels;
f) I have used CJ7 tail-lights on this one;

Otherwise, like the previous MM550XD, this one has also gone through a complete overhaul.

Do let me know what you guys think of her.

Cheers

Jaskirat Singh
Attached Thumbnails
Another MM550XD to Sarbloh 550-lr-door.jpg  

Another MM550XD to Sarbloh 550-side-angle.jpg  

Another MM550XD to Sarbloh 550-interior.jpg  

Another MM550XD to Sarbloh 550-interior-seats.jpg  

Another MM550XD to Sarbloh 550-front-angle.jpg  

Last edited by Jaskirat : 28th October 2011 at 15:16.
Jaskirat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2011, 18:52   #2

Re: Another MM550XD to Sarbloh 550

Looks very neat. Thanks for sharing.
BTW; I have a Willys Kaiser early CJ5 with a swing out ventilating windshield very identical to Mahindra MM 540 or MM 550.The rubber weather seal around this ventilating inner frame is no longer available in Turkey and I don't want to modify the original windshield.
Could you or any other member please direct me to any Indian company which sells this rubber seal.Possibly it is abundant there and lots of addresses are available to obtain the seal.
The e-mail addresses of them would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Old 28th October 2011, 22:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

seyit contact Goldseal or ASP Seals located in Maharashtra, if required i will give you exact part nos and alternate vendor details also. Just let me know.

Spike

PS- The latest Thar DI also comes with the same seals IIRC.
Old 28th October 2011, 22:45   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
seyit contact Goldseal or ASP Seals located in Maharashtra, if required i will give you exact part nos and alternate vendor details also. Just let me know.

Spike

PS- The latest Thar DI also comes with the same seals IIRC.
Thanks a lot,Spike.
I will try to find their e-mail and shoot them a couple of lines about the problem.
That part number and tribute vendors will also great welcome.
Thank you again.
Old 29th October 2011, 07:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

Jaskirat,

Sarbloh II
has turned out good, with clean lines, color shade is good, subtle touches to body, nice soft top, raised GC and something new...chrome hinges.

This one looks rugged...just what Jeeps should be. The steel discs look better than alloys. Needs fender flares and MT's to complete the muscular look.

Great effort, post pics of engine bay too.
Regards,
Old 29th October 2011, 10:38   #6
BHPian

Hey , looks very neat , like the stance, like the top , like the door design.

Is the engine stock or?

I feel the jeep need MT tyres or AT tyres (just a personal opinion)
Old 29th October 2011, 13:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seyit View Post
That part number and tribute vendors will also great welcome.
Windshield glass weatherstrip-- M&M Part no. 0059810

1. ASP Sealings Product Ltd.
2. C.R. Seal
3. Gold Seal Engg. Products ltd.
4. MAC Seal rubber Products
5. Super Seals India Ltd.

You can get in touch with some of these vendors, all are located in the vicinity of Maharashtra (mostly near Nasik).

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2011, 14:16   #8

Quote:

2. C.R. Seal

You can get in touch with some of these vendors, all are located in the vicinity of Maharashtra (mostly near Nasik).

Spike
Thank you very much,Spike.
I was unable to spot the " Gold Seal" yesterday,but mailed the " ASP Sealings" and they replied me enquiring if I want MM 540 windshield.I described them the product that I exactly want attaching a photo.
I am now waiting for their second reply.
They also ask about the quantity I require.If they are the producer and wholeseller,they may ignore my order.I told them that I may purchase around 25 meters or so regarding the future replicements,and not only for a single frame ( around 4 meters roughly).
After receiving their reply I will contact with the others you have provided.
Possibly retailer vendors may show more interest than wholesale companies or producers.
I have copied the part number and the names of the companies.
Thank you again.
Old 29th October 2011, 14:45   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Evil looking Jeep, man! Good taste, especially with the soft-top design & retaining the steel wheels. I love the subtle touches that only a man with attention-to-detail can bring. If I may recommend one thing, please get rid of the chrome on the door hinges. They are sticking out (not in good way).
Old 30th October 2011, 00:17   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
please get rid of the chrome on the door hinges.
And the windshield hinges if I may add.. (?)

btw, thanks a lot for the soft-top design pic, its the exact design I have in mind. the only thing different in my design would be the spare wheel brackets, which I'm planning to mount at the same angle along with the soft top. And, I guess with this design, it can seat 4 comfortably?, and can go open top when one wishes?
Old 30th October 2011, 13:23   #11
Senior - BHPian

Great one Jaskirat. Congrats on the restore. Looks quite original with the retention of the steel rims. The color too is good, military green, favorite on jeep.

Could you post some rear, engine, and open top snaps too? Where is the spare? The mount seems to be at the rear but spare not there.

And pls as GTO and dhanushs suggested get rid of those Chome thingys, really does not suit the Jeep character. Is the Windshield rim also chromed? Would love to see it original black.

Is the suspension standard or modded?

Last edited by parsh : 30th October 2011 at 13:24.
Old 31st October 2011, 09:29   #12
BHPian

Sarbloh II looks really good. Could you post detailed pictures of the soft top fitting?
Old 31st October 2011, 15:03   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Looks very neat. Thanks for sharing.
BTW; I have a Willys Kaiser early CJ5 with a swing out ventilating windshield very identical to Mahindra MM 540 or MM 550.The rubber weather seal around this ventilating inner frame is no longer available in Turkey and I don't want to modify the original windshield.
Could you or any other member please direct me to any Indian company which sells this rubber seal.Possibly it is abundant there and lots of addresses are available to obtain the seal.
The e-mail addresses of them would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Thanks Seyit.

Meanwhile, besides the weather seal, there might be quite a few other parts that MM550 might be sharing with CJ5. I am sure the experts on the forum can guide you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Jaskirat,

Sarbloh II
has turned out good, with clean lines, color shade is good, subtle touches to body, nice soft top, raised GC and something new...chrome hinges.

This one looks rugged...just what Jeeps should be. The steel discs look better than alloys. Needs fender flares and MT's to complete the muscular look.

Great effort, post pics of engine bay too.
Regards,
Thanks Mr. Fazal. The MT tyres would be added. So would the flares and the tubular foot rest. I will post pictures of the engine in couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
Hey , looks very neat , like the stance, like the top , like the door design.

Is the engine stock or?

I feel the jeep need MT tyres or AT tyres (just a personal opinion)
Yes karizma9292, the engine is stock, but has been completely overhauled. I am trying to source MT tyres and will mount those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Evil looking Jeep, man! Good taste, especially with the soft-top design & retaining the steel wheels. I love the subtle touches that only a man with attention-to-detail can bring. If I may recommend one thing, please get rid of the chrome on the door hinges. They are sticking out (not in good way).
Agree GTO ... the chrome hinges don't look very nice. I will try get rid of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
And the windshield hinges if I may add.. (?)

btw, thanks a lot for the soft-top design pic, its the exact design I have in mind. the only thing different in my design would be the spare wheel brackets, which I'm planning to mount at the same angle along with the soft top. And, I guess with this design, it can seat 4 comfortably?, and can go open top when one wishes?
Absolutely ... the Jeep has a front facing seat like in the earlier Jeep I had modified. I am attaching a picture of the white Jeep for your reference. It can seat 4 comfortably, and the top can be opened when required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Great one Jaskirat. Congrats on the restore. Looks quite original with the retention of the steel rims. The color too is good, military green, favorite on jeep.

Could you post some rear, engine, and open top snaps too? Where is the spare? The mount seems to be at the rear but spare not there.

And pls as GTO and dhanushs suggested get rid of those Chome thingys, really does not suit the Jeep character. Is the Windshield rim also chromed? Would love to see it original black.

Is the suspension standard or modded?
Thanks for your feedback parsh. I will post more pictures in couple of days. The spare wheel is mounted on the tailgate. You observation is correct, the spare was not mounted when this picture was taken.

The windshield rim is aluminum and not chrome, and this is the way it came as standard. It was never black. The other chrome 'thingys' will go.

The suspension has a shackle lift of 2". Rest is standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmonie View Post
Sarbloh II looks really good. Could you post detailed pictures of the soft top fitting?
As mentioned, will post pictures in couple of days.
Attached Thumbnails
Another MM550XD to Sarbloh 550-sj012.jpg  

Old 14th November 2011, 16:32   #14

Quote:

2. C.R. Seal

Spike
Hi again Spike,
I wanted to send you a PM,but I am afraid my BHP ian membership level does not allow me to send PMs.So I have to post here again.
I have received no replies from any of the addresses above.I think they are either manufacturers or wholesalers and they don't pay attention to individual requests.
Possibly I will need retail parts sellers.What do you suggest? Shall I start a thread somewhere here? Or can you or some other jeep gurus supply me with the mail addresses of such retailers?
Please excuse me if I am pusshy on this.
Old 14th November 2011, 23:58   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Hi again Spike,
I wanted to send you a PM,but I am afraid my BHP ian membership level does not allow me to send PMs.So I have to post here again.
I have received no replies from any of the addresses above.I think they are either manufacturers or wholesalers and they don't pay attention to individual requests.
Possibly I will need retail parts sellers.What do you suggest? Shall I start a thread somewhere here? Or can you or some other jeep gurus supply me with the mail addresses of such retailers?
Please excuse me if I am pusshy on this.
Hi Seyit,

Kindly get in touch with Mahindra Thar dealers in India or South Africa, going through the website.They will surely ship you the component.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks