Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2011, 09:16   #16
BHPian

Re: Finally!! Today I once again am a proud owner of a Mahindra Classic!!

Thanks a lot mitrajdeep, PATH~FINDER. The jeep is presently placed in a garage which is quite far away from my hometown. I will be going there this weekend. So hopefully i will be able to post a few 1st pictures of my jeep.[/quote]

Dear Bdn317,

Iam Vishal from Pune and i think by mistake you have mentioned mitrajdeep.
Old 16th November 2011, 00:05   #17
BHPian

Hello everyone,
sorry for the delay. I was busy for the entire week and hence could not visit the garage. But today, i managed to take some time out and visited the garage. I also didn't take my camera along. So please excuse me for the bad quality of the photos as they were taken from my Phone Camera.

Here are the 1st phots of my new purchase. My Mahindra CLASSIC.

Finally!! Today I once again am a proud owner of a Mahindra Classic!!-dsc00015.jpg

As we can all see, the seats are not original and have been changed.

Some pics of the interior:
The original dash board-

Finally!! Today I once again am a proud owner of a Mahindra Classic!!-dsc00017.jpg

here we can also notice the parking brakes in the centre between the seats:

Finally!! Today I once again am a proud owner of a Mahindra Classic!!-dsc00021.jpg

Suspended brake and clutch pedals:

Finally!! Today I once again am a proud owner of a Mahindra Classic!!-dsc00018.jpg

And finally some pics of the engine bay:

Finally!! Today I once again am a proud owner of a Mahindra Classic!!-dsc00019.jpg

Finally!! Today I once again am a proud owner of a Mahindra Classic!!-dsc00020.jpg

Finally!! Today I once again am a proud owner of a Mahindra Classic!!-dsc00023.jpg

Please note: Battery is missing. The alternator has been removed and also the filter has been removed in the above pics.

The sad part is, the 4wd unit has been removed completely as seen below:

Finally!! Today I once again am a proud owner of a Mahindra Classic!!-dsc00022.jpg

I was shocked to know that the SA told me that they thought (all by themselves) that the starter motor has some problem and the guys at TVS have quoted 6k for repairing the same. But to my knowledge, the starter motor was totally fine. The battery was the culprit as it was totally discharged. I knew the alternator was at fault as the battery wasn't getting charged even when the vehicle was running.
Now my question to the experts is, whats the actual work of the starter motor? I know its used to start the vehicle. But my question is, does the starter motor have any other input for the vehicles proper functioning?? I did connect another battery and the jeep did start last week.
After all these confusions, i have strictly told the SA not to do any extra work on the jeep without informing me. I have asked them to get the charging circuits done and a regular service. I had also found too much of wobbling in the front wheels, which is also mentioned in the to-do list.
The 1st requirement is to get the vehicle running again and use it for sometime.

Can anyone help me get a copy of the book which has all the spare parts details of the Mahindra Classic? I remember Siva had it. So, Please Siva, help me!! I need many parts for my jeep. It would be very easy if i have that book as i can ask for the specific part by mentioning its part number.

And also a special request to GTO to try to send me the xerox copy of the owners manual of the mahindra classic! (I always wanted to see manual of the classic!)

By the way, I need to get a new battery. Which one do i go for?? please suggest.

Last edited by bdn317 : 16th November 2011 at 00:17.
Old 16th November 2011, 09:15   #18
BHPian

Dear Vijay,

The photos your have uploaded has some problem it seems, do please upload it again.

We are so eager to see your machine !
Old 16th November 2011, 11:06   #19
BHPian

Hi bdn317,

I am no authority on jeeps, but as I can see you seem to have got a jeep with some trouble. It seems to be on the threshold. If you dont protect it now, it can be lost forever. Suggest you get in touch with spike arrestor on the forum, who can help you get the jeep back in shape.
I believe you are just a little late as you could have contacted Dhabhar.Behram also known as the Thar Man on the forum. In his own words, could have helped you in totality with your dealership issues.

You could see the example of Samurai's CJ 340 and how it was made to what it is today.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...hp-family.html

He stays close to where you are

Nevertheless, nothing is lost. Best of luck for your restoration/rebuild.

I am based in Mumbai, and would like to know if I can be of any help.
kavesh55 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 11:11   #20
Team-BHP Support

Hi bdn317,

I will be back in Manipal next week. Why don't you make a quick visit and check out my CJ340? You will get lot of ideas looking at it first hand.
Old 16th November 2011, 23:40   #21
BHPian

Some problem with the previous uploads. let me try uploading them again here:

Finally!! Today I once again am a proud owner of a Mahindra Classic!!-resize1.jpg

Finally!! Today I once again am a proud owner of a Mahindra Classic!!-resize2.jpg

Finally!! Today I once again am a proud owner of a Mahindra Classic!!-resize3.jpg

The vehicle is surely in a sad state. Needs a lot of work on it!

Last edited by bdn317 : 16th November 2011 at 23:46.
bdn317 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 23:58   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
Hi bdn317,

I am no authority on jeeps, but as I can see you seem to have got a jeep with some trouble. It seems to be on the threshold. If you dont protect it now, it can be lost forever. Suggest you get in touch with spike arrestor on the forum, who can help you get the jeep back in shape.
I believe you are just a little late as you could have contacted Dhabhar.Behram also known as the Thar Man on the forum. In his own words, could have helped you in totality with your dealership issues.

You could see the example of Samurai's CJ 340 and how it was made to what it is today.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...hp-family.html

He stays close to where you are

Nevertheless, nothing is lost. Best of luck for your restoration/rebuild.

I am based in Mumbai, and would like to know if I can be of any help.
Thanks a lot for the comments kavesh55. Really appreciate it. The vehicle surely is in a sad state. But frankly speaking, if you had seen the state of my previous jeep when i purchased it, you would say this one is much better. Only thing missing in this jeep as compared to my previous jeep is the 4wd. And the results of the previous rebuild is right in front of everyone in the very 1st post of this thread. But sadly, the mechanic who did the entire rebuild of my previous jeep is no more today. Baalanna was what i used to call him. He took the complete responsibility of my previous jeep's rebuild. Hence this time, without Baalanna's guidance, i am feeling pretty lost! Thats where team-bhp and its members are my support.
I will surely need some Classic jeep body parts in the later stages of the build. And i think its available in Mumbai. As GTO said, Milestone may be the place i look forward to and Ferdi may be the man who has to help me. Hence i will definitely need your help later. Dont mind as i will trouble you soon with my wishlists!

And speaking about Spike arrestor, I have already sent a PM. Thanks again for that. Hope to get a reply from him soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Hi bdn317,

I will be back in Manipal next week. Why don't you make a quick visit and check out my CJ340? You will get lot of ideas looking at it first hand.
Wow, Thanks Samurai (Sharath sir)! I will definitely give u a call this week and arrange an appointment. Thanks a lot for the invitation. Looking forward to see your CJ live!
Old 17th November 2011, 09:44   #23
BHPian

Dear Vijay ,

You have got a precious raw diamond in your hands and its purely your responsibility to shape it !

Congrats on your possession pal.
Old 17th November 2011, 10:40   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdn317 View Post
And i think its available in Mumbai. As GTO said, Milestone may be the place i look forward to and Ferdi may be the man who has to help me. Hence i will definitely need your help later. Dont mind as i will trouble you soon with my wishlists!
Hi bdn317,
Your Classic is in good condition except 4WD mechanism, my vehicle fell apart while getting the same from previous owner.
For spare parts you can contact Atlas Motors - Prakash Bhai -022-23860631.
This shop is in Mumbai and he supply Classic parts across India.
There may be few parts which you can't get anywhere, but local jugaad would help you get the same.

Shubhendra Singh
Old 17th November 2011, 11:04   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdn317 View Post
Thanks a lot for the comments kavesh55. Really appreciate it. The vehicle surely is in a sad state. But frankly speaking, if you had seen the state of my previous jeep when i purchased it, you would say this one is much better. Only thing missing in this jeep as compared to my previous jeep is the 4wd. And the results of the previous rebuild is right in front of everyone in the very 1st post of this thread. But sadly, the mechanic who did the entire rebuild of my previous jeep is no more today. Baalanna was what i used to call him. He took the complete responsibility of my previous jeep's rebuild. Hence this time, without Baalanna's guidance, i am feeling pretty lost! Thats where team-bhp and its members are my support.
I will surely need some Classic jeep body parts in the later stages of the build. And i think its available in Mumbai. As GTO said, Milestone may be the place i look forward to and Ferdi may be the man who has to help me. Hence i will definitely need your help later. Dont mind as i will trouble you soon with my wishlists!
Hi Bdn317,

I agree lack of skilled mechanics, can lead to sell off of vehicles too. Going by my personal example, my Premier Padmini S1 had the temperament to not show symptoms when taken to the garage. It was only a trusted Nagraj would know whats wrong with it, and the car too behaved herself with him. Finally, the surge in S. Mumbai realty prices, made him give up his garage and my car too.
You can trouble me (only on weekends, work on weekdays) as you are my 'gaonwala'. Have been planning a trip down south, will be able to catch up with you then.
Old 24th November 2011, 16:37   #26
BHPian

Hello everyone,
I was busy with some serious work for the past few days! And to my surprise, we are presently faced with some serious problems, which i cannot disclose in this forum!

Regarding the updates with the jeep, the following things were done in the past few days:
Regular servicing (Oil change, air filter, greasing etc etc)
Front wheel wobbling repaired (Kingpin and stuff!).
Starter motor and Alternator were at fault as suspected. So got them overhauled.
Plonked in a new battery - Amaron highway 80Ah costing Rs.5575.
I tried enquiring about powerzone batteries. But its prices have shot up in the past few months and it costs around Rs.4800.
It seems Amaron Harvest batteries are not supposed to be supplied to any vehicles other than the tractors - Company policy! Thats what the dealer told me. But if you are bent on to buy Harvest, your warranty wont be valid!

Thats all the updates so far done on the jeep. Meeting the tinker and painter was all planned for the coming week.

Now, coming back to situation about which, i explained a little bit in the beginning of this post, Life sometimes gets us face to face with some serious situations which we never have expected or imagined to take place in our life! Something similar is what i am facing at present. It leaves me with 2 choices. Either show a blind eye towards the problem (which i surely cannot) or find a way to Tackle it.
I am choosing the later.
My uncle has been diagnosed of a serious health problem and i think i have to stop this project at this point! That means i have reached a point where i intend to sell the vehicle in its present condition to someone who is interested to proceed with this project of rebuilding the Classic! We are supposed to brace ourselves and get ready financially to bear the cost of the operations and any extra cash in hand will be a boon to us. Hence i am planning to sell off this Classic as soon as possible. I expect to get only the amount i spent on it without a penny extra as profit! for more details, PM me.

Frankly speaking, i never imagined all this would happen. I spoke to samurai day before yesterday night, about getting an appointment with him and discussing the various topics of how the rebuild should progress etc etc. But all that isn't going to happen for me. I cant even express whats going on in my mind at this point of time as i had got this Classic after waiting for it from the past 2 years!

So i request the mods to please Close this thread as i will be moving this vehicle into the Classifieds list of team-bhp! Anyone who wants to buy this Classic or know more details or say anything to me, please PM me! I will stick around and hopefully i will be back sometime in future with my dream project of 'Rebuilding my Mahindra Classic!'

Thanks for all your support and pray for us!! (especially for my uncle!)

Regards,
bdn317.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks