Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2012, 21:46   #16
nnn
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshman1645

Hello Mr. Behram,
I have a similar door rattling issue on my Thar as well. It's a sort of sqeak and rattle combined. If I open the door and close it, the noise disappears for about five minutes and then comes back again. Will the dealer know about the reinforcement of the Targa band or does this have to be done ourselves?
Try very little grease on the rubber beading as the beading may be dry and squeaking when rubs. hope it works

nnn
Old 25th January 2012, 08:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Thar Crde and an Isuzu Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
4)front RHS free wheel hub failed during a long trip

What were the tell-tale signs of this? What did you notice?
Old 25th January 2012, 09:23   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
What were the tell-tale signs of this? What did you notice?
Hi,
There was no pre-sign or symptoms for this failuer. I just had a casual visit to TN - M&M ASC, took out the vehicle to SH and was rev @ 90kms/hr, suddenly a huge spring un winding type noise came and we stopped the vehicle. Checked every where and didnt find any physical damages . Again vehicle was taken back to same ASC and did shifting of RHS hub to LHS , sound shifted to LHS.Thus hub pointed as failuer.
Rajith
Rajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 09:36   #19
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Whle I don't seem to have this rattle there is a thud from the right door/B pillar when the right suspension goes through a pothole. This doesn't come from the left side when the left wheel goes through a pothole. Are we talking about the same problem? Behram could you please start a thread and detail all the improvements one can do with pictures as some of us are too dumb to accurately understand what exactly you mean by various changes to be done. Wouldn't want to weld and realise it was a wrng weld !!
Old 25th January 2012, 10:15   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Whle I don't seem to have this rattle there is a thud from the right door/B pillar when the right suspension goes through a pothole. This doesn't come from the left side when the left wheel goes through a pothole. Are we talking about the same problem? Behram could you please start a thread and detail all the improvements one can do with pictures as some of us are too dumb to accurately understand what exactly you mean by various changes to be done. Wouldn't want to weld and realise it was a wrng weld !!
Sir,
We are not talking about the same problem.There was a failuer in my FW hub on road out of state and same was replaced under warranty. There was no pre symptoms observed.
Rgrds,
Rajith
Old 25th January 2012, 10:24   #21
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3)Door & roof noise - Rectified many number of times, keep coming and going.
....Only front 2 doors and soft top keep rattling.
I was wondering if this noise you speak of is the same as the thud I have noticed and reported on my Thar when the right wheel goes through a pothole
Old 25th January 2012, 11:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was wondering if this noise you speak of is the same as the thud I have noticed and reported on my Thar when the right wheel goes through a pothole

DKG, it's your IFS going bad...
Old 25th January 2012, 13:22   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Yes sir,This may be same.We have taken total 4 THAR CRDe in our group and all are having similar rattling, all front suspension bolts/nuts loose.
Old 25th January 2012, 13:32   #24
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
DKG, it's your IFS going bad...
the sound is from the B pillar. Will keep you posted as and when the IFS falls apart

Quote:
Yes sir,This may be same.We have taken total 4 THAR CRDe in our group and all are having similar rattling, all front suspension bolts/nuts loose.
On my car the noise is not from the suspension but clearly from the right B pillar. Its a loud "tak" sound and only on the right.
Old 25th January 2012, 13:34   #25
BANNED

Quote:
the sound is from the B pillar. Will keep you posted as and when the IFS falls apart

On my car the noise is not from the suspension but clearly from the right B pillar. Its a loud "tak" sound and only on the right.
sir,
Fit a SA roll over bar as discussed by MR BD is the same thread of mine.Hopefully this issues should be closed.
Rajith
Old 25th January 2012, 15:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
DKG,
Does it come when the vehicle is fully loaded? May be the Cat con is touching the propeller shaft..may be!

Quote:
Hi Rajith,
I am awating the pics from you. This will help rectify at plant level. This issue isnt there on 25 THAR's that i have in my Adventure fleet.

Quote:
sir,
Fit a SA roll over bar as discussed by MR BD is the same thread of mine.Hopefully this issues should be closed.
Rajith
Noise has nothing to do with roll over bar. It is underbody noise.
Old 25th January 2012, 17:53   #27
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
DKG,
Does it come when the vehicle is fully loaded? May be the Cat con is touching the propeller shaft..may be!
To be honest its not a big bother so I haven't investigated it enough to say where its coming from for sure. It could be a door thud or like you say something from under the body. I would need to study this closely to figure it out. For the time being I am simply avoiding putting the right wheel through potholes
Old 25th January 2012, 18:52   #28
BHPian

Any offroading experiences? Have you tested the Jeep to the limits for what it was built by Bheram and his team?
Old 25th January 2012, 22:54   #29
BANNED

hi vinod,
i have allready send the photographs couple of days back,if you didnt get it, please inform.I will resend.
Under body is 100% silent.Noise we are getting is from B pillar, where door lock catcher plates continously changes its position in rough roads..
Tmrw im taking a virgin stock thar done @ 498kms to Bangalore OTR.ECU re flashed,Removed front & rear bumbers,foot steps, catcon, Spare wheel inside.Lets see.

Last edited by Rajith : 25th January 2012 at 22:56.
Old 31st January 2012, 09:20   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Hello DKG,
I hear the same 'thud' whenever the right front wheel is dropped into a pothole. However the initial squeak from the right door that I had asked Mr. Behram about has mysteriously disappeared. Haven't heard it in the last three weeks. I don't worry about the thud as I keep telling myself it's probably a Jeep thing and move on. Just hope the door doesn't fall off one day because of my ignorance.

Rajith,
I noticed the hard material of the top used between the windscreen and the B pillar makes a rubbing noise on the front right side when driving over uneven roads. Possibly because of body flexing. I have a squeaky clutch too. But will get that sorted during the first service.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks