Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2012, 10:38   #46
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: Thar Crde and an Isuzu Monk

Tandem booster picture,Mhawk accumulator and Earlier accumulator removal pics attached below.

Used DOT 3 oil as recommended on top of the tandem booster (scorpio crde) .

Dont have LSPV gauge to give numerical values (SST 09709-29017-01). Fixed with T&E method.
Attached Thumbnails
Thar Crde and an Isuzu Monk-photo0580.jpg  

Thar Crde and an Isuzu Monk-photo0582.jpg  

Thar Crde and an Isuzu Monk-photo0583.jpg  

Thar Crde and an Isuzu Monk-photo0589.jpg  

Rajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 15:27   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Dont have LSPV gauge to give numerical values (SST 09709-29017-01). Fixed with T&E method.
Dear Rajith - simple. The LSPV spring locating bracket mounted on the axle has a long vertical slot. Please give the dimension of the height of the center of the spring mounting pivot from the bottom of the bracket, as you have changed this location. Dealers can then make and end gage and use for other customers' vehicles. Clean air hose is rubbing the master cylinder / reservoir. Need to add an absorber material in between to prevent NVH (noise vibration harshness) path. Alternatively, you can move the air cleaner 25mm in front by using distance spacers in X axis, but do this only as a last resort. Use hose separators to keep NVH path out of this area.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 28th December 2012, 15:51   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Rajith - simple. The LSPV spring locating bracket mounted on the axle has a long vertical slot. Please give the dimension of the height of the center of the spring mounting pivot from the bottom of the bracket, as you have changed this location. Dealers can then make and end gage and use for other customers' vehicles. Clean air hose is rubbing the master cylinder / reservoir. Need to add an absorber material in between to prevent NVH (noise vibration harshness) path. Alternatively, you can move the air cleaner 25mm in front by using distance spacers in X axis, but do this only as a last resort. Use hose separators to keep NVH path out of this area.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
sir,

Noted, By this way i can easily get the LSPV values measured.

My clean hoses are not rubbing/loading the reservoir tank,its just a illusion in the picture. Theres a gap of a middle finger to pass thru.

No hoses are rubbing any where.

Last edited by Rajith : 28th December 2012 at 15:53.
Old 28th December 2012, 18:18   #49
Senior - BHPian

Lspv

Quote:
Dont have LSPV gauge to give numerical values (SST 09709-29017-01).
SST is the Special Service Tool number.

Quote:

Noted, By this way i can easily get the LSPV values measured.
Please measure and keep it as reference, this will come in handy when you have to set the LSPV after some repairs, also helps with repeatability.

Without the correct value, the brake cut off pressure will not be regulated properly. Wheels can lock early or late, a correct value ensures the optimum setting.

Quote:
My clean hoses are not rubbing/loading the reservoir tank,its just a illusion in the picture. Theres a gap of a middle finger to pass thru.
Spike
Old 25th February 2013, 11:15   #50
XD2
BHPian

Re: Lspv

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post

Without the correct value, the brake cut off pressure will not be regulated properly. Wheels can lock early or late, a correct value ensures the optimum setting.
Koncept, New Delhi is upgrading Brake Boosters for Thar under warranty. A friend of mine has got them replaced and says he's happy with the braking. He negotiated long on the LSPV - but doesnt look like they were changed.

So, although I am in line for the 'upgrade' i've been thinking.. is it better to live with the current brake setup, which means some lag in braking but the LSPV should be good, or go for an upgrade and cross my fingers and hope I'm not fishtailing when the need arises to test the brakes.

Can we, the noobs, get the LSPV values adjusted with workshop support - or is this an 'experts only' area. From what I have been able to gather an incorrect value will do more harm from the upgrade than good.

Your suggestions please
Old 25th February 2013, 14:33   #51
Senior - BHPian

The adjustment is pretty simple, but the value to be set can be only determined after a certain iterations.

Set - test - set - test - .... Confirm if it works as required.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 16:16   #52
XD2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
The adjustment is pretty simple, but the value to be set can be only determined after a certain iterations.

Set - test - set - test - .... Confirm if it works as required.

Spike
Thanks Spike.

Will be hunting for a gravel track now. Hoping to do some braking at 20-30ish and see how she behaves .
Old 27th February 2013, 12:23   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Tandem booster picture,Mhawk accumulator and Earlier accumulator removal pics attached below.

Used DOT 3 oil as recommended on top of the tandem booster (scorpio crde) .

I still did'nt get it I've checked up with 2 M&M dealers here in Delhi but none are aware of the same and advise no such modification. Scorpio booster and spares are available with the dealer but they refuse to get their hands on the job. My Thar is in warranty but i want a brake upgrade desperately. HELP

Hoping if some one could advise on help in Delhi.
Old 27th February 2013, 12:39   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidashish View Post
I still did'nt get it I've checked up with 2 M&M dealers here in Delhi but none are aware of the same and advise no such modification. Scorpio booster and spares are available with the dealer but they refuse to get their hands on the job. My Thar is in warranty but i want a brake upgrade desperately. HELP

Hoping if some one could advise on help in Delhi.
sir,
No official TSA bulletin has been given to ASC by M&M for this, so dealers may not be aware on this. I Think in Delhi, KONCEPT motors is doing FOC - booster replacement . Not touching any thing else. Check with Mr Manveeth in TBHP .

Last edited by Rajith : 27th February 2013 at 12:41.
Old 27th February 2013, 12:45   #55
BHPian

Quote:
sir,
No official TSA bulletin has been given to ASC by M&M for this, so dealers may not be aware on this. I Think in Delhi, KONCEPT motors is doing FOC - booster replacement . Not touching any thing else. Check with Mr Manveeth in TBHP .
Thanks, I have already checked up with koncept but they deny the same, neither can i search manveeth
Any other option of getting the same done in Delhi / NCR
Old 27th February 2013, 13:22   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks, I have already checked up with koncept but they deny the same, neither can i search manveeth
Any other option of getting the same done in Delhi / NCR
Please dont break your head many times, you wont get any spares/replacement.
Pack up & get your Thar to Bangalore, guys here can make it as a super Thar in return.

Check your PM for Manveet mobile number.

Last edited by Rajith : 27th February 2013 at 13:24.
Rajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2013, 16:04   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Pack up & get your Thar to Bangalore, guys here can make it as a super Thar in return.

I Guess BLR and the brakes would have to wait till next year as i've planned Leh - Kargil - Siachen - karakoram Pass in the THAR this year

Sir, thanking you for the advise.
Old 7th March 2013, 17:20   #58
BHPian

Quote:

Sir,

Finally a Koncept Delaer assures me the desired.

A Double Diaframe Booster Cylinder & DOT 4 Oil.
At a price of 14k

Am i getting it right or ...........
Please Advise
Old 8th March 2013, 08:29   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sir,

Finally a Koncept Delaer assures me the desired.

A Double Diaframe Booster Cylinder & DOT 4 Oil.
At a price of 14k

Am i getting it right or ...........
Please Advise
I think mrp of the booster is approx. 9k. maybe oil and labor is pushing it upto 14k. ask them for breakup. they are not doing it in warranty?
Old 8th March 2013, 10:57   #60
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
I think mrp of the booster is approx. 9k. maybe oil and labor is pushing it upto 14k. ask them for breakup. they are not doing it in warranty?
Sir,

My Thar has done 44k kms in a year and half so i guess its out of warranty.
Has anyone got this done that you know of ? and what is the performance and trustworthiness like. The Service manager at Koncept Okhla says he has done it in 2-3 vehicles but did not sound very confident
Also my first set of brake pad lasted for 35k kms but the one after that went off in just 8k kms. No major change in driving pattern, burdens me even more.

Another thing with the CFL from Pune. What is the ride quality like ? I believe that you have installed them in your Thar, especially the off-road attitude of the modification. I would not like a comfortable ride deprive me from the THAR 's dextirity.

Most Viewed