Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2012, 21:01   #31
BHPian

Re: A "Classic" Dream (Mahindra Classic 4x4)

Congrats on this beauty An Original CLASSIC is really a Neighbor's Envy, Owner's Pride!!. Is that indicator is from MM540/550/pik-up ? I think the Mahindra CJ type (Classic/Major etc) indicators are straight to the fender.

- Sreejesh
Old 23rd January 2012, 21:17   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejeshmp View Post
Congrats on this beauty An Original CLASSIC is really a Neighbor's Envy, Owner's Pride!!. Is that indicator is from MM540/550/pik-up ? I think the Mahindra CJ type (Classic/Major etc) indicators are straight to the fender.

- Sreejesh
Surely an owners pride Sreejesh. Well said.
and about the indicator, its an original indicator. Classics came with such small indicators with the FRP fender extensions having a slight curve to allow those indicators! Since those parts are not available nowadays, people use the Mahindra Major type indicators. we had to search a lot for those indicators and FRP fender extensions during the restoration. but somehow managed to get hold of it!
Old 23rd January 2012, 21:29   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdn317 View Post
Surely an owners pride Sreejesh. Well said.
and about the indicator, its an original indicator. Classics came with such small indicators with the FRP fender extensions having a slight curve to allow those indicators! Since those parts are not available nowadays, people use the Mahindra Major type indicators. we had to search a lot for those indicators and FRP fender extensions during the restoration. but somehow managed to get hold of it!
No No The front combination Indicator Thats from 540.

- Sreejesh
Old 23rd January 2012, 22:12   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

- Sreejesh
Slightly OT-

Eagle eyes I must say Sreejesh . I was wondering why no one noticed this minute detail, I noticed when I first saw it, but forgot to post.

I presume your experience of owning a 500 and a 550 taught you this. This is a very minute information and I learned it the hard way (while I was working).

Not many people may be aware of this info. Excellent !

Spike
Old 24th January 2012, 17:24   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdn317 View Post
Hi Binu,
it was owned by a close friend of mine before he sold it off sometime back.

Hey, if you dont mind, could you please share with me the final price u paid for this beauty?? you can PM the details. Am just curious to know!

Let me attach a pic i had taken of this jeep before i left it back.

regards,
bdn.
Is that Girish? Your close friend?

Thanks for the pic

Quote:
Is that indicator is from MM540/550/pik-up ? I think the Mahindra CJ type (Classic/Major etc) indicators are straight to the fender.
Is that so? I'm not sure

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th January 2012 at 23:06.
Old 27th January 2012, 20:27   #36
BANNED

superb find buddy keep it original as behram guru says, your fellow jeepers will be jealous of you.
Hand a nimbu and green chilies on the chrome
g
Old 30th January 2012, 12:16   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hate tar View Post
superb find buddy keep it original as behram guru says, your fellow jeepers will be jealous of you.
Hand a nimbu and green chilies on the chrome
g
Thanks buddy! Yeah, I'll have to do that
Old 31st January 2012, 12:19   #38
Senior - BHPian

Dear Binu,
Your CLASSIC has come out great. Sorry for nitpicking, but as a Classic owner i believe its my responsibility to make you aware.
1) Your rear bumpers are not from Classic, they are from 540 (if iam not wrong) and end cans are from CL500DI. Classic rear bumpers were short with wide end cans (end cans were initially metal made later on plastic made). One of our team-bhp member (Pathfinder) is getting his Classic ready in Poona. he is using my end cans to fabricate a new set for him. if you want i request him to make one more set. Then you need to cut wide rear bumpers and fit classic end cans.

2) your front indicators (fender mounted) are original in my opinion. 540 side indicators were bigger than classic's.

Please mail me @ shubhendrasingh@gmail.com , if you need any help for Classic.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Shubhendra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 16:55   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra
Dear Binu,
Your CLASSIC has come out great. Sorry for nitpicking, but as a Classic owner i believe its my responsibility to make you aware.
1) Your rear bumpers are not from Classic, they are from 540 (if iam not wrong) and end cans are from CL500DI. Classic rear bumpers were short with wide end cans (end cans were initially metal made later on plastic made). One of our team-bhp member (Pathfinder) is getting his Classic ready in Poona. he is using my end cans to fabricate a new set for him. if you want i request him to make one more set. Then you need to cut wide rear bumpers and fit classic end cans.

2) your front indicators (fender mounted) are original in my opinion. 540 side indicators were bigger than classic's.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
I have seen this classic. The rear bumpers are the original classic and not the one from 540.

And the front fender flare side indicators are original and the combination indicator on the front fender is from 540/550.

Last edited by sreejeshmp : 31st January 2012 at 17:06.
Old 1st February 2012, 17:02   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Dear Binu,

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Thanks much Mr Singh. I'm not well versed with minutes, can you send me some pics with the differences?

Thanks again!

Cheers!
Binu

Quote:
I have seen this classic. The rear bumpers are the original classic and not the one from 540.

And the front fender flare side indicators are original and the combination indicator on the front fender is from 540/550.
One look and you are through? Awesome man

And, buddy we need to sync up on the LSD's for the CJ340
Old 29th March 2012, 15:02   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binu balan View Post
Thanks much Mr Singh. I'm not well versed with minutes, can you send me some pics with the differences?

Thanks again!

Cheers!
Binu
Dear Binu Ji,
please refer below pic, i was referring these rear end cans. sorry for delay.
And yes, whenever you get information on LSD for Classic, please do share.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Attached Thumbnails
A "Classic" Dream (Mahindra Classic 4x4)-314040_10150346518717453_644492452_8010249_1809984055_n.jpg  

Shubhendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2012, 20:57   #42
BHPian

Does anyone know if the Classic came with a standard army tow hook in the rear? I have seen one with a different model(design)
Old 19th November 2012, 17:01   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakchow View Post
Does anyone know if the Classic came with a standard army tow hook in the rear? I have seen one with a different model(design)
No Classic Didn't come with a Army Tow hook, it just came with a normal 'U' tow clamp.
Old 19th November 2012, 19:31   #44
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakchow
The Army jaw type tow hook or pintle hook has to be bought separately. It costs about 1500/- or so. The tow bar with ball comes only with the Scorpio 4WD as OEM. It costs around 900/-.

Most Viewed