Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2012, 16:51   #16
BHPian

re: Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer!

So it's confirmed then! From the horse's mouth - There is going to be refreshed Thar which will share an engine with the Scorpio!

Excellent! Except, I hope it will also share the same quality level of interiors as the Scorpio or dare I dream the XUV 500.

Amazing how the same company can produce such drastically different interiors, features and finish. One a world class SUV (XUV 500) the other..well let's not go there.
Old 10th March 2012, 17:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamk View Post

According to them, Crde engine is out, and in all probability, it would be replaced with the mhawk or meagle engine.
The THAR engine is THE MEAGLE just not badged so. And the ECM map is slightly different. You can check the engine technical details for further confirmation.
Old 10th March 2012, 20:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

An engine change will mean a rehomologation. Will MM do it for a niche vehicle?
On the other hand the 2.2 Hawk engine is lighter, and I suppose cleaner. Together, should see a significant decrease in vehicle weight.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 14th March 2012, 08:40   #19
BHPian

I happened to do some enquires at a South Delhi Dealership about the "refreshed Thar". The lady I was talking to finally relented when I told her that "look i would like to buy the Thar, but would like to know and wait if there is something better in the offing. After all buying a vehicle is once in a 5-7 year decision unlike buying potatoes, which, you do everyday"

So the news is: yes there is a new Thar in the offing. AC/Hardtop thrown in. currently it is about 7.5 on road in delhi, prices likely to go up. could be a 7 seater/8 seater (?) option. Clarity on Engine specs awaited. Launch by end April post the Budget Blues.

"Ami Shotti Bolchi...... Pranab Da, dont hike the prices please"

The other interesting bit of info that I got is you can get a 4X4 Bolero on order. I checked specifically if it was the DI or the current M2DCIR which had the 4X4 option. I was told it can be had in the M2DCIR option on order, a Lakh extra and a waiting period for that.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Has anyone eaten?
iMASKARAN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 14:39   #20
BHPian

Talked to the Gurgaon dealer (Sterling Motors) and he confirms that a V2 is in offing - probably to be released by June/July timeframe.

The earlier release date of April has been postponed.

The changes are - inbuilt AC, dashboard changed to Bolero's and better quality plastics in interior.

No idea about the price or if there is also going to be a change in the engine.
Old 15th March 2012, 17:23   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I spoke to junior sales rep and he told me that given that the company has not given an concrete information to any dealer about what will be there in the next version of Thar and when it will be released.

So he can just make stuff up like it will have capability to detect and deploy counter measures to evade heat seeking missiles etc. He told me to come here and post my wish list and say that he told me it will available in the next version of Thar.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 17:30   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMASKARAN View Post
The other interesting bit of info that I got is you can get a 4X4 Bolero on order. I checked specifically if it was the DI or the current M2DCIR which had the 4X4 option. I was told it can be had in the M2DCIR option on order, a Lakh extra and a waiting period for that.
That is extremely good news. When I had booked my Bolero LX 4x4 in December 2011, they did not have an option with M2DICR engine. I had to go for the MDI3200TC BSIII model and take the pain of getting it registered outside Calcutta.
Old 16th March 2012, 22:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri
Talked to the Gurgaon dealer (Sterling Motors) and he confirms that a V2 is in offing - probably to be released by June/July timeframe.

The earlier release date of April has been postponed..
I'm very disappointed to wait until June/July 😔. Any idea when the booking will open for V2? If they take the booking now and start delivering the V2 in June/July, then I think it's still ok. If they open the booking only by June/July, then it's too long a wait.
Any idea of the impact of the current budget? I saw that SUVs will be taxed. Thar included?
Old 19th March 2012, 09:05   #24
BHPian

As per Mr. Pawan Goenka, all the Mahidra vehicles will be costlier by at least 3000 - 35000 Rs due to: increased excise. (as per budget thread.)
BTW, Is there any confirmed news for list of changes including DI models as well?
Old 20th March 2012, 16:50   #25
BHPian

I spoke to Sireesh Auto in Bangalore as I plan to book the Thar Crde V2. They still take the bookings even if they don't know when the new refreshed Thar will be unveiled. The guy told me that I will get the delivery on priority if I book now.

No info on the upgrade features of the new Thar are known to the dealer.

Some useful info for others:
- I have to pay an advance of 50k which is fully refundable in case I decide not to buy it later.
- only 4 others have booked the new Thar with this dealer.
- Thar CRDe 2011 is available immediately.
- power window (not auto cop): they did not manage to fit well. It has given issues for many customers.
- fitting power windows void the electrical warranty.
- upsizing the tyres or wheels in any form will void the ENTIRE warranty!!!!
- extended warranty if purchased along with the vehicle is 2k cheaper than buying it later (even after one week, one has to shell out extra 2k).
- the on-road price would be about 30-50k dearer once the new taxes come into force.
- Currently the on-road price - bangalore - is approx. Rs. 8.12 L. This includes essential accessories like bull bar, floor mats, insect mesh, roll-over bar etc
- Sireesh Auto doesn't fit a/c
- Fitting the winch, tyre upgrade etc must be done on our own.

Hope the above info is useful.

Regards,
Y
kryogesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 18:48   #26
BHPian

Just spoke to a dealer in Delhi with whom I have some leverage. Their will not be any formal launch. The sales guy is assuring a 4-5 week delivery time if I book now (that means by April end, Thar should be visible on Delhi roads).

AC and Bolero dashboard are new additions to existing model. Price will be costlier by Rs.40,000-45,000.

Last edited by JKBKS : 20th March 2012 at 18:50.
Old 20th March 2012, 20:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryogesh View Post

Hope the above info is useful.

Regards,
Y
Thank you for sharing this Yogesh,

I'm also considering Thar v2. Can you pm me your numbers? I spoke to Sireesh a few days back when told me that they dont have any in the stock and they have stopped taking bookings. Has he offered any discounts on 2011 vehicle?
I guess its worthless to ask about what changes we may see as it looks like we are very close to the V2 release!

@JKBKS,

does that mean the overall price will go up by 1L or so! about 30-40K due to the tax revisions and 45-50K for the AC and dashboard?? I have heard something similar from one of the dealers here in Bangalore. in fact, he said that they are getting more information from the customer than the company on what changes are expected and so. So, its going to be only the AC and dashboard! no immobilizer! none on performance!

Last edited by Ketan : 20th March 2012 at 20:49.
Old 20th March 2012, 21:35   #28
BHPian

@Ketan: Increase of 40-45K is over the current Delhi Ex-showroom. Dont know if budget implications are included in current prices or not. Forgot to ask about the engine immobilizer so can't comment on it.
Old 20th March 2012, 23:28   #29
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for the update. I was waiting for this a while ago like others! Very disappointing product-sorry to be straight here!
Hopefully the 'refreshed' one comes out with some better elements for Customer experience.
Old 21st March 2012, 09:37   #30

It is exciting to see the number of people who have been making inquiries and are waiting for M&M to get the new Thar out. Perhaps this will mean better things in terms of service and development of the Thar as an established vehicle.

A reliable source tells me AC and immobilizer are certain in v2.0. The dealers seem to be all over the map with their speculation on what is imminent. All 3 dealers in Chennai give a different story -- oh, you have talk to someone who admits to knowing about the existence of the Thar (most folks at the dealership have no clue).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks