Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2012, 07:03   #61

Dear Vinod, thanks much for the update. Please do let us know dates -- for the release.
Old 30th March 2012, 18:24   #62
BHPian

Thanks Vinod for making it official. What sort of delivery/waiting period shall we expect ? Any particular reasons for no HT ?

Thanks
Old 31st March 2012, 01:12   #63
Senior - BHPian

re: Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer!

Yup, one of the dealers also indicated that there may not be an HT there. However, a couple links I saw talks about HT consistently. Must be old/hurried write-ups.

2012 Mahindra Thar will come with upgraded interiors and AC

2012 Mahindra Thar to be offered with upgraded interiors and factory-fitted AC
Old 31st March 2012, 09:19   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer!

Dear Vinod - thank you for making it happen. All credit goes to you and the core team.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 31st March 2012 at 09:20. Reason: add info
Old 31st March 2012, 10:30   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Yup, one of the dealers also indicated that there may not be an HT there. However, a couple links I saw talks about HT consistently. Must be old/hurried write-ups.

2012 Mahindra Thar will come with upgraded interiors and AC

2012 Mahindra Thar to be offered with upgraded interiors and factory-fitted AC
Those are blogs which publish so called exclusives based on their own speculation and no contacts/sources, best not to go beyond TBHP for automobile news in India, and we got the Thar team here why worry, they would let us know sooner or later just like Mr. Vinod did :-)
Old 31st March 2012, 15:26   #66
BHPian

hi everyone,

i have been following the thar since its launch and have been very dissappointed by M&M's attitude towards its customers.
ive had a scorpio for 3.5 years now and have got better service for that. The Thar was supposed to be a life style vehicle and obviously that means it has to cater to very enthusiastic audience; which will be asking a lot of questions

I have just gotten off the phone with every dealer in the Delhi-NCR area and here are there responses

Shiva Noida - has no idea about an upgrade coming or the company fitted AC for the THAR. they dont have a TD vehicle to offer
Koncept, Delhi - claims that a company ad has already been launched and the company fitted AC is on its way. again no TD vehicle
Bhasin motors - claim they have a td vehicle and will send it across. its now 4 hours and no sign of the TD vehicle or a call back. yes this is how you treat customers for a lifestyle vehicle

the 4th dealer believes no such upgrade is coming anytime soon.

someone in the M&M strategy group really needs to get their act together. your dealers are the face of the company to end customers and need to be brought on a common platform. you cant have such diverse & little information coming from them to potential customers, it really cheeses off customers

why not have a monthly call with dealers, update them on company plans. new pricing, new launch dates

most of the information available in the public domain on the upgrades are random blogs with authors posting information which they "hope" to see in the new Thar

as a mahindra customer who is really keen to get the Thar i feel grossly let down. There should be customer loyalty programs, as any 2 bit management bible will tell you - its easier to retain an existing customer than to get a new customer
Ksingh544 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2012, 17:13   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post

First of all this is not a V2 or a Thar refresh. We call it a Thar upgrade. Re-fresh models generally don't come wintin an year of launch as they are normally a 24 to 36 months project!

For those who are interested and have been waiting for factory fitted A/C, can book it now.
Hi Vinod,

I cannot thank you enough for clearing that up , much appreciated. Feel far more confident now as opposed to all that time of "guess work, expectations"

Just 1 quick question and I probably know the answer already, but I do remember reading a long time back that there were plans to upgrade the rear suspension of the Thar's to the Scorpio's; i.e. Multi Link Coil Suspension. Any word on the same?

Thanks
Thomas
Old 1st April 2012, 03:12   #68
BHPian

a follow up to my above rant, i visited Koncept delhi this afternoon and their understanding is that the upgraded Thar will be availabe in 4-6 weeks with the AC, immobilizer etc

similar response from Bhasin , they finally did call back. no final launch date has been communicated from M&M yet.

very eagerly looking forward to the launch and upgraded vehicle.
Old 1st April 2012, 11:00   #69
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months – ‘Refreshed Thar’, as tdhe dealer calls it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
a follow up to my above rant, i visited Koncept delhi this afternoon and their understanding is that the upgraded Thar will be availabe in 4-6 weeks with the AC, immobilizer etc

similar response from Bhasin , they finally did call back. no final launch date has been communicated from M&M yet.

very eagerly looking forward to the launch and upgraded vehicle.
Did you get to TD it ?
Old 1st April 2012, 11:24   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scofield View Post
Hi Ketan,

Attaching few pics of my friend's neatly modified air conditioned HT Thar. If the new ones looks like this then am sure it will sell like hot cakes.
If I remember correctly, I saw your friend's vehicle next to the RT mess, Devlali Cantt Clicked snaps too..
Old 1st April 2012, 11:48   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala
For those who are interested and have been waiting for factory fitted A/C, can book it now.
Thanks Vinod for the update, called all the dealers in NCR vicinity. None of them are accepting bookings as if now.
Our dear sales representative from Koncept automobile Delhi was more interested in knowing details of my current car for evaluation rather than giving details of thar.
Old 1st April 2012, 12:47   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveshsingh View Post
Thanks Vinod for the update, called all the dealers in NCR vicinity. None of them are accepting bookings as if now.
Our dear sales representative from Koncept automobile Delhi was more interested in knowing details of my current car for evaluation rather than giving details of thar.

Same here with me, they were trying to sell the bolero to me... Very disappointed with the dealers.
Old 1st April 2012, 16:17   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Hi guys,
Requesting to please keep the expectations low...

An attempt has been made to make the current Thar more userfriendly and most wanted feature airconditioning has been added as a standard feature along with heater. Immobilizer has been added for vehicle safety and peace of mind. Thereare other minor changes too which increases the practicality of the vehicle.

Will give further details in few days time. For those who are interested and have been waiting for factory fitted A/C, can book it now.
Vinod

Kindly clarify if the ECU has been mapped for air-conditioning

Thanks in advance!

Bopanna
Old 1st April 2012, 23:46   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveshsingh View Post
nope after all the chat they didnt have a td vehicle to offer , its shocking how they expect a lifestyle vehicle to be sold without td
Old 2nd April 2012, 10:44   #75
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Vinod...one more clarification if you can. Does the upgrade come with the new Bolero style dash?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks