Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2012, 19:47   #31
BHPian

Again so many speculations here, just like thoseb thar launchb date days.

"Will the real info-man please stand up"
offroad_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2012, 18:06   #32
BHPian

re: Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer!

Generally all the auto car magazines carry out scoops on new launches or revamps, but I could not find anything on refreshed thar in any of these magazines. Hope all this hoola hoopla, anticipation and excitement turns out to be true and sooner than later we get to see a new thar. And most importantly Mahindra keeps upto our expectations, keeping fingers crossed.
Old 25th March 2012, 12:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

re: Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer!

Based on my feeling and what I spoke with a couple dealers in the past month, it looks like there will be an additional option.

- Similar to an existing option >>> Thar CRDe - non-AC+ST (with some changes in interiors, not sure if this will include new dash or not+immobilizer)
- New option >>> Thar CRDe - AC+HT (fixed) (with some changes in interiors, not sure if this will include new dash or not + immobilizer)

This may be it, there may not be major changes in terms of the looks/features. hike may be anywhere between 60K-80K!
I hope they have worked on the issues reported in the existing version by customer, things like exhaust fumes (less of an issue for HT option) and some other problems reported by owners.

I was looking for an old version if dealers have had stock, but they usually dont stock this vehicle and they dont have the old Thar in factory it seems.
I remember reading a post about booking V2 is accepted by dealers (without delivery or features committed on it) with an option where full money can be returned on cancellation. One of the dealers at Bangalore denied on this. If someone has more option and more specific details on this option, please let me know.

Last edited by Ketan : 25th March 2012 at 12:38.
Old 25th March 2012, 16:17   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Ketan and all - from April 1 2012, windshield demisting / provision of heater becomes mandatory in India as per CMVR.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2012, 17:45   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Ketan and all - from April 1 2012, windshield demisting / provision of heater becomes mandatory in India as per CMVR.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Alright,

that means the HVAC will be there in all possible options (HT or ST). However, I'm wondering how the fixed HT would look like compared to a few projects always being worked upon.
Old 25th March 2012, 18:03   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan

Alright,

that means the HVAC will be there in all possible options (HT or ST). However, I'm wondering how the fixed HT would look like compared to a few projects always being worked upon.
Hi Ketan,

Attaching few pics of my friend's neatly modified air conditioned HT Thar. If the new ones looks like this then am sure it will sell like hot cakes.
Attached Thumbnails
Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer!-img20120325wa0000.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by scofield : 25th March 2012 at 18:21. Reason: Adding one more pic.
scofield is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2012, 18:18   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scofield View Post
Hi Ketan,

Attaching few pics of my friend's neatly modified air conditioned HT Thar. If the new ones looks like this then am sure it will sell like hot cakes.
Thanks for sharing them.
This is still the custom HT limited to the cabin. I guess what M&M is going to bring in is fixed full HT, just hoping that they dont make it look like those govt jeeps and do a better job this time.
Old 25th March 2012, 22:58   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Thanks for sharing them.
This is still the custom HT limited to the cabin. I guess what M&M is going to bring in is fixed full HT, just hoping that they dont make it look like those govt jeeps and do a better job this time.
if they don't you can always go for ST and get a custom HT.
DB sir, nice to know what made M&M push for Thar V2.
Old 26th March 2012, 11:03   #39
BHPian

Guys,

I can understand the anxiety and eagerness all of us have in welcoming the much awaited Thar V 2.0. But, out of curiosity, I wanted to know that in spite all of us knowing that the Thar CRDe is a "fast" off-roader, why are we interested in having a hardtop and an airconditioner on her? The thrill is to drive a half naked jeep through the woods.

Let M&M continue selling bare bone Thars, well ofcourse with corrections for exhaust fumes leaking into the cabin, skid plate addition for the gear box, improving steering response and ofcourse trying to get it somewhere closer to BD sir's 521. Interested people can get their Thar customized by fitting an air conditioner and a hard top like many of those who have done in this forum.

People want to have a 4x4 Thar, and also want to have car like cabin and comfort. This is similar to a saying in Tamil " Koozhukkum aasai, meesai kkum aasai " which means " would love to have poridge but also would love to prevent it from sticking to the moustache ", which is not possible.

If you still dream of owning a Thar with A/C and hard top, then I would say that Thar is just not your car. With the 8+Lakhs, you could might as well go in for a Scorp LX or Bolero SLX.

Grow up folks. Think rationally.

Wild Child
Old 26th March 2012, 12:27   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child View Post

If you still dream of owning a Thar with A/C and hard top, then I would say that Thar is just not your car. With the 8+Lakhs, you could might as well go in for a Scorp LX or Bolero SLX.

Wild Child
World over there exist 4x4s with AC, Power steering, HT. And where would you find a 8L Scorpio 4x4?
Pray tell?
Moreover if you can afford only one car, you want something in which you can drive to your office in 40+ heat without smelling like yesterdays socks.
tsk1979 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 13:05   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
and of course trying to get it somewhere closer to BD sir's 521. Wild Child
Dear Wild Child - to do something "a-la-521", you need to have something much more than "Auto Passion" and that is "Result Oriented and Channelized Paagalpan". This property exudes positive energy which generates successful business / product models. To what extent this "Core Competence / Unique Ability" is demonstrated remains to be seen when the product dress level as it comes out shall speak for itself.

For now, enjoy!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 14:24   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
World over there exist 4x4s with AC, Power steering, HT. And where would you find a 8L Scorpio 4x4?
Pray tell?
Moreover if you can afford only one car, you want something in which you can drive to your office in 40+ heat without smelling like yesterdays socks.
I agree, Tanveer!

If this one can provide little more protection (read comfort for some), it can be a very good first and only vehicle (considering I dont have to ferry people in super comfortable situation).
This can take you few more places than 4wd Scorpios can.
Old 26th March 2012, 15:07   #43
BHPian

wild child- whats wrong in having a/c in a 4wd as long as it doesnt affect the perfomance? i do have a bolero camper 4wd, i got the a/c and power steering fitted from tvs.driving through the so called woods you talking about in 35 + heat wont be so exciting ,its not like the woods in europe or north america , which i totally agree would be thrilling driving a half naked jeep .
Old 26th March 2012, 15:09   #44
BHPian

News of V2 seems to trickling in from other auto sites as well :
2012 Mahindra Thar On-Off Road Jeep to get factory fitted AC and upgraded interiors soon, in an ICB Exclusive | IndianCarsBikes.in

No confirmed date as of now .
Old 26th March 2012, 15:30   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I can understand the anxiety and eagerness all of us have in welcoming the much awaited Thar V 2.0. But, out of curiosity, I wanted to know that in spite all of us knowing that the Thar CRDe is a "fast" off-roader, why are we interested in having a hardtop and an airconditioner on her? The thrill is to drive a half naked jeep through the woods.

Let M&M continue selling bare bone Thars, well ofcourse with corrections for exhaust fumes leaking into the cabin, skid plate addition for the gear box, improving steering response and ofcourse trying to get it somewhere closer to BD sir's 521. Interested people can get their Thar customized by fitting an air conditioner and a hard top like many of those who have done in this forum.

People want to have a 4x4 Thar, and also want to have car like cabin and comfort. This is similar to a saying in Tamil " Koozhukkum aasai, meesai kkum aasai " which means " would love to have poridge but also would love to prevent it from sticking to the moustache ", which is not possible.

Wild Child

Well, that logic beats me ! If you go by that logic then we wouldn't have the Jeeps and the Rovers... and there are people who can afford it, it's wrong to generalize. If you want a all bare Jeep there are a bunch of MM540 and MM550s... go customize them ! But, in 2012 most don't have the time to devote to a custom build, which is why we (majority) expect better from M&M when it comes to value for money, comfort and interiors - nothing wrong in charging more as long as the cost is justified, there is always a market.

Going by your logic, we'd have non A/C metal frame Rubicons and RAV4s... which would never sell like they sell today. Maybe, in your area you don't need A/C - but I do, and so do many others, similarly you may have a safe and secure place to park - which is why you prefer ST, many don't which is why they want HT to make their cabin lockable. Besides, what's wrong in making Thar a better everyday car and more practical ? Would you drive into a 7 star property for a black suit lunch with your Open Top Thar ? I wouldn't, which is why I need the option of AC and HT, and from the rumors it seems M&M too has realized that. And go outside India, it will be hard to find a ORT which doesn't have a HT... I agree most of them are more expensive than 8L... but they are worth it !

And the grow up part, is stretching it....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks