Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2012, 11:08   #76

I just got a call from India Garage in Chennai. He tells me the upgraded Thar is due in a week to 10 days. He also promised to email me the latest brochure. Will share that info when I receive it.

Appreciate if there are updates from elsewhere.
Old 2nd April 2012, 12:03   #77
BHPian

re: Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer!

Got call from sales representative from Koncept Delhi, they are now accepting booking for Thar. As per information provided by him the demo vehicle will be available semewhere around 20th of this months and delivery will commence from 1st week of May.
The question is how many bookings are we going to see without actually seeing the vehicle? I am for sure going to book it tomorrow, how many of you?
Old 2nd April 2012, 14:40   #78

re: Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer!

Price in Chennai is Rs 6,87,978. After insurance and registration on road price is quoted as Rs 7,87,256. I am unable to upload the latest brochure since the PDF exceeds the limit by a few KB.

Here is some text to squash speculation on what the new variant contains:

· Standard Air conditioning with Heater to make most difficult journeys enjoyable.
· Engine Immobilizer ensures your beloved Thar is yours forever !
· Wash wipe facility to clear that muck from windscreen after a wild splash.
· Well rounded improved dashboard and door pads to ensures it is much smoother inside than its personality outside.
· User friendly fuel filler cap with lockable lid for ease of operation.
· Improved canopy design help increase practicality and versatility of the vehicle in all weather conditions.
· Rubber matting in place of carpet help give the beast a good bath after the muddy act.
· New Diamond White colour option to flaunt that proud dirty look after every off road drive.
jeep2thar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 16:46   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep2thar View Post
Price in Chennai is Rs 6,87,978. After insurance and registration on road price is quoted as Rs 7,87,256. I am unable to upload the latest brochure since the PDF exceeds the limit by a few KB.

· Standard Air conditioning with Heater to make most difficult journeys enjoyable.
· Wash wipe facility to clear that muck from windscreen after a wild splash.
· Well rounded improved dashboard and door pads to ensures it is much smoother inside than its personality outside.
· User friendly fuel filler cap with lockable lid for ease of operation.
· Improved canopy design help increase practicality and versatility of the vehicle in all weather conditions.
· Rubber matting in place of carpet help give the beast a good bath after the muddy act.
· New Diamond White colour option to flaunt that proud dirty look after every off road drive.
Thanks for the Information.
So no option of Hard top yet again. Not a deal breaker considering some of the hard top options of Mahindra Customisation works.
Would like to have a look at the interiors to see the level of improvement from the initial versions.
Old 2nd April 2012, 17:27   #80

The one part that I do not understand is, "improved canopy design". What would that be about? Soft top has tweaks to it?

I would like to kick the tires before I put money on the table. It is not clear if the dealer is going to order for a test vehicles. That would be a real bummer.
Old 2nd April 2012, 17:39   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Well rounded improved dashboard and door pads to ensures it is much smoother inside than its personality outside.
Does the brochure have picture of interiors? Any changes on outside?

Try pdf to jpg converter online, it will reduce the size of pdf. Waiting for you to upload the brochure.

Last edited by diveshsingh : 2nd April 2012 at 17:42. Reason: Adding more content, instead of making another reply
Old 2nd April 2012, 17:58   #82

There are no pictures of the interiors. The previous brochure and this are identical for pictures except for some of the text changes.

I uploaded the PDF inside a ZIP file. Hope that works. Also, I had posted another reply earlier to this (which has yet to appear). So hope the MODS are not too upset.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Brochure Final NEW [Converted] (1).pdf.zip (2.87 MB, 696 views)
Old 2nd April 2012, 18:22   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep2thar

That's great news :-) I'm so looking forward for it. Does it mean that price hasn't increased? Or yet to be updated? I am pretty sure that they will increase the price when M&M officially launches the refreshed Thar.

I hope they haven't screwed up the well proportioned soft top in the name of "new looks"

Really looking forward for the brochure.
Old 2nd April 2012, 19:53   #84
BHPian

Quote:
There are no pictures of the interiors. The previous brochure and this are identical for pictures except for some of the text changes.

I uploaded the PDF inside a ZIP file. Hope that works. Also, I had posted another reply earlier to this (which has yet to appear). So hope the MODS are not too upset.
I have already seen this brochure sometime in February, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2687515 Link to my post where I have mentioned seeing the brochure which had it mentioned that now its available with Ac+Heater.
If this brochure was printed during month of february, then what took Mahindra one and half month to accept it?
Has it got anything to do with more than anticipated bookings for XUV?
diveshsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 09:29   #85
jp1
BHPian

Now it is quite clear, the so called refreshed Thar is not due to any customer feedback, because windshield demisting / provision of heater becomes mandatory as per CMVR from April 1st, hence added the A/c and heater
jp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 10:46   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Vinod, thanks much for the update. Please do let us know dates -- for the release.
booking are now open!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Thanks Vinod for making it official. What sort of delivery/waiting period shall we expect ? Any particular reasons for no HT ?

Thanks
Factory fitted HT is not feasible for now. We are looking to provide HT as an aftermarket option. Looking for vendors. Sooner or later hopefully it would be available. This would benefit both existing and new Thar owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Yup, one of the dealers also indicated that there may not be an HT there. However, a couple links I saw talks about HT consistently. Must be old/hurried write-ups.

2012 Mahindra Thar will come with upgraded interiors and AC

2012 Mahindra Thar to be offered with upgraded interiors and factory-fitted AC
All what appears on internet is not true :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Vinod - thank you for making it happen. All credit goes to you and the core team.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dhabar sir, we are committed to the project initiated and delivered by you/us. Thanks for your kind words. Upgrade is a sign of that commitment. Thar is here to stay and stay for long! Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortopilot View Post
Hi Vinod,

I cannot thank you enough for clearing that up , much appreciated. Feel far more confident now as opposed to all that time of "guess work, expectations"

Just 1 quick question and I probably know the answer already, but I do remember reading a long time back that there were plans to upgrade the rear suspension of the Thar's to the Scorpio's; i.e. Multi Link Coil Suspension. Any word on the same?

Thanks
Thomas
Multilink coil rear is not being considered for now. 1. Articulation levels at rear now is a big compensatory factor for IFS at front. dont want to dilute it. 2. Leaf spring is a cheaper option and ride levels can be set by removing a leaf if one wants a softer ride. More flexibility in the hands of customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
a follow up to my above rant, i visited Koncept delhi this afternoon and their understanding is that the upgraded Thar will be availabe in 4-6 weeks with the AC, immobilizer etc

similar response from Bhasin , they finally did call back. no final launch date has been communicated from M&M yet.

very eagerly looking forward to the launch and upgraded vehicle.
TD vehicles should be available by the MID of May. Now we are busy catering to existing bookings. Limited production capacity is a big constraint. Please write to me on nookala.vinod@mahindra.com if you have any difficulties on booking front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Vinod

Kindly clarify if the ECU has been mapped for air-conditioning

Thanks in advance!

Bopanna
Yes....A/C has been mapped for air conditioning

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Vinod...one more clarification if you can. Does the upgrade come with the new Bolero style dash?
No NIP. It continues to have the old dash. We evaluated providing new refresh Bolero dash but wasn't a fit due to technical and manufacturing reasons. May be possible in garage method, but not recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryogesh View Post
That's great news :-) I'm so looking forward for it. Does it mean that price hasn't increased? Or yet to be updated? I am pretty sure that they will increase the price when M&M officially launches the refreshed Thar.

I hope they haven't screwed up the well proportioned soft top in the name of "new looks"

Really looking forward for the brochure.
Price has been increased to the tune of about 40K. This includes the cost of A/C + heater and recent excise duty hike of about 17 to 18 K!

Soft top quality has been improved with no change in looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
Now it is quite clear, the so called refreshed Thar is not due to any customer feedback, because windshield demisting / provision of heater becomes mandatory as per CMVR from April 1st, hence added the A/c and heater
Wrong inference JP1. If that was the case then even Thar Di would have got this change isn't it? We knew A/C was a sore missing point right from the date of launch. We couldn't give it because of X number of reasons then. To correct the situation we gave an option of dealer fitment barely 3-4 months post launch and now a factory fitted A/C + heater and immobilizer barely an year after launch. This shows our commitment even though this vehicle is not about volume game!

We would like to give a good looking HT option as well. Positively working towards it. I do maintain that this vehicle is for enthusiasts and by enthusiasts.

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 3rd April 2012 at 10:49.
vinod_nookala is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 11:37   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Dhabar sir, we are committed to the project initiated and delivered by you/us. Thanks for your kind words. Upgrade is a sign of that commitment. Thar is here to stay and stay for long! Amen!

I do maintain that this vehicle is for enthusiasts and by enthusiasts.
Good to see this attitude and the commitment. I was hoping against hope for a proper dash.

Vinod, has there been any work done to improve the braking as that was one of the main concerns voiced by the customers.

What about the fumes issue? Has the real cause been identified and fixed?
Old 3rd April 2012, 11:51   #88
BHPian

TD vehicles should be available by the MID of May. Now we are busy catering to existing bookings. Limited production capacity is a big constraint. Please write to me on nookala.vinod@mahindra.com if you have any difficulties on booking front.

Thanks a lot for your prompt response and the effort taken to answer each query. Really look forward to testing the upgraded vehicle & hopefully buying one before the year is out.
Old 3rd April 2012, 11:56   #89
BHPian

@ Vinod: Thanks a ton for the update Vinod!!! I am so happy that the price hasn't increased much, 22k for the a/c and imm. is a great deal + rest of the hike was anyhow mandatory post budget. Thanks for making the ST even better - although I saw no flaws.

Only disappointment has been the Dash. Cant ask for everything. Very satisfied with the end package. Planning to book one in one or two weeks. Have been waiting for the bookings to reopen.

I have one question which I had asked earlier to DB sir. Guess he missed it. Is there a possibility to change the existing windshield (on the CRDe) to the one that comes in the DI? I so badly need the openable windshield. All i want to know is if the provisions exist. I would like to do it after market. Please point out if there are any disadvantages/potential risks?

Thanks in advance.
Y
Old 3rd April 2012, 13:25   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
booking are now open!
Hi Vinod,

Thanks for the clarification and congrats, brilliant job this time as far as Sales Executives go, my SE was very aware of the new Thar and walked m through what would be different.

The booking amount is 10,000/- as of now and quoting him "Fully refundable if I don't like the vehicle after the test drive" though he could not specify a date for the TD Vehicle, he was hopeful that it should be available end of May.

Things are looking good .

Regards
Thomas

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks