Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna
Just got the pricing details from India Garage, Bangalore

Ex-showroom - Rs. 6,82,635
Road Tax - Rs. 1,06,081
Insurance - Rs. 25,102
Registration - Rs. 5,000

On-road price Rs. 8,18,818
Oh my... I got mine for 7,10,000 on road + 25000 for A/C. Mar 2011.

My thar is an Appreciating asset
BlackRaven is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2012, 14:04   #107
jp1
BHPian

Re: Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer

After seeing the price, i'm having a second thought, is it really worth for 8.19 lakhs? Add another 50k for a hardtop and front facing second row seat, it becomes almost 9 lakhs.
Add another 2 lakhs, you get XUV 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Just got the pricing details from India Garage, Bangalore

Ex-showroom - Rs. 6,82,635
Road Tax - Rs. 1,06,081
Insurance - Rs. 25,102
Registration - Rs. 5,000

On-road price Rs. 8,18,818

Last edited by jp1 : 10th April 2012 at 14:25.
Old 10th April 2012, 14:56   #108
BHPian

Re: Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
After seeing the price, i'm having a second thought, is it really worth for 8.19 lakhs? Add another 50k for a hardtop and front facing second row seat, it becomes almost 9 lakhs.
Lets not compare XUV5OO and thar, they are two completely different vehicles. What thar can do, XUV can't do it in its stock form and vice versa. I agree that the price for thar is tad higher, but comparing it to XUV will not be correct.
Old 10th April 2012, 15:43   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
I for one decided against the Thar because of the price, it was already expensive and now even more. Spending 9 lacs on a jeep is something I wouldn't be allowed, maybe sometime in the future - or the wrangler if and when it launches here.
Old 10th April 2012, 15:52   #110
jp1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveshsingh View Post
Lets not compare XUV5OO and thar, they are two completely different vehicles. What thar can do, XUV can't do it in its stock form and vice versa. I agree that the price for thar is tad higher, but comparing it to XUV will not be correct.
I am not comparing Thar with XUV 500 on its end use but purely on price point. XUV a new generation advanced vehicle with so many features whereas Thar is few decade old design with a new engine. Somehow I cant justify spending that kind of money on an old generation vehicle.
Old 10th April 2012, 16:53   #111
Senior - BHPian

Well if you tolerate the electrical 4x4 shift and a lower GC, then the Scorpio Lx is a good buy. Here are Delhi Ex-Showroom Prices

Thar : 6,86,800/- (GC=200mm)
Scorpio 4x4 Lx : 9,47,469/- (GC=180mm)

The difference takes care of the Hard Top and the Seats

Last edited by Aroy : 10th April 2012 at 16:55.
Old 11th April 2012, 08:57   #112
jp1
BHPian

I would have definitely considered Scorpio but for its overall length. I am looking for a vehicle which is around 4 meter, which Thar fits perfectly, the other option is Bolero which I am already using and looking for a replacement. The reason for Bolero replacement is due to its slow acceleration which makes it pretty difficult to overtake on highways having single lanes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Well if you tolerate the electrical 4x4 shift and a lower GC, then the Scorpio Lx is a good buy. Here are Delhi Ex-Showroom Prices

Thar : 6,86,800/- (GC=200mm)
Scorpio 4x4 Lx : 9,47,469/- (GC=180mm)

The difference takes care of the Hard Top and the Seats
jp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 09:13   #113
Senior - BHPian

Is there an option to get the Thar DI with AC? Does it come with an immobilizer?

The official website is not very user friendly is it? I am still trying to get grip with it. There is a price difference of a couple of hundreds between different districts within a state. Why? It all too complex a site for such a simple vehicle.
Old 11th April 2012, 09:27   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Is there an option to get the Thar DI with AC? Does it come with an immobilizer?

The official website is not very user friendly is it? I am still trying to get grip with it. There is a price difference of a couple of hundreds between different districts within a state. Why? It all too complex a site for such a simple vehicle.
A Thar DI with A/c, power steering and immobilizer would sound the death-knell for the grossly over-priced Thar CRDe.

I doubt that M&M would ever introduce one!
Old 11th April 2012, 10:34   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
A Thar DI with A/c, power steering and immobilizer would sound the death-knell for the grossly over-priced Thar CRDe.

I doubt that M&M would ever introduce one!

A/c can be fit after-market, but power steering and engine immobilizer have to come factory fitted. A Thar DI 4x4 with PS & Immobilizer, price under 6 lakhs on-road would find many takers.
Old 11th April 2012, 10:48   #116
BHPian

May I ask an extremely naive question, especially to the Gurus, how effective and how practical will the new AC fitment offered in the Thar be with the Soft top and Delhi Summers?
Old 11th April 2012, 11:39   #117
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMASKARAN View Post
how effective and how practical will the new AC fitment offered in the Thar be with the Soft top and Delhi Summers
Though Im no guru but my take: I highly doubt the efficasy of the A.C. unit with softop. Also the softop is not completely/totally waterproof/airproof, so leakage will be another issue. If a cabin for front 2 seats is created by installing a clear film curtain behind the front seats, some amount of cooling can be acheived.

Affect on FE with A.C. will also have to be seen...
Old 11th April 2012, 12:38   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Though Im no guru but my take: I highly doubt the efficasy of the A.C. unit with softop. Also the softop is not completely/totally waterproof/airproof, so leakage will be another issue.
I've got an AC fitted and many more have done so in their Thars. The AC is pretty effective with the soft top (with some insulating material put under the rear canopy). When I say pretty effective - I mean it gets cold.
Yes the soft top is not completely dust proof but driving with the AC on and windows rolled up - you will get very minimal dust inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
The Effect on FE with AC is negligible - less than a km drop per liter is what I have observed.

And of course, I ain't no Guru here.

Last edited by carrot_eater : 11th April 2012 at 12:43. Reason: -
Old 11th April 2012, 12:45   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Though Im no guru but my take: I highly doubt the efficasy of the A.C. unit with softop. Also the softop is not completely/totally waterproof/airproof, so leakage will be another issue. If a cabin for front 2 seats is created by installing a clear film curtain behind the front seats, some amount of cooling can be acheived.

Being a layman I tend to agree with AWD . Actually these were my apprehensions, thanks to AWD for articulating it.

Yes the FE with the AC also might take a hit.

My wagonR (although 7 Years old, has a new AC Condenser, the old one conked off a year ago) huffs and puffs in Delhi Summers. I would shudder to think of taking the Thar out to Rajasthan in the peak summers.....
Old 11th April 2012, 13:08   #120
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody seen the interiors of the new THAR. Does it come with the same old dashboard or the is it now with the new Bolero Dashboard?

If only M&M had launched it like this 1 year back . I know many of you are cribbing about the price but what other alternative do you have? I would be hoping to acquire the THAR once I can figure out the parking space and finance (in that order). And will keep the Soft Top!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks