Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2012, 18:49   #226
BHPian

Re: Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Even if he gets people to pick up from Nasik, there will be a queue outside his factory, what's he waiting for?
Does this mean - the roll over cage is Not available, as of now, -even if someone wants to pick it up from Nasik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Carrot Eater - nothing is impossible. Everything can be done. Somebody needs to get his nose to ground and do it. And by the way, the brake upgrade does not cost much but market dynamics may dictate otherwise! .
Please PM me Sir - as to what do I need to do to get the AC to be ECU controlled- or you can post it here - there may be many who might find the information useful. Having spent so much money on the AC - I would like to have it ECU controlled.
Old 8th June 2012, 21:26   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_eater View Post
Please PM me Sir - as to what do I need to do to get the AC to be ECU controlled- or you can post it here - there may be many who might find the information useful. Having spent so much money on the AC - I would like to have it ECU controlled.
Dear Carrot Eater - this is very straightforward, I need not PM you. There is a BOM (Bill of Material) which lists all the part numbers, outgoing from non-AC Thar BOM and incoming from AC Thar BOM. What needs to be done is to generate an "add-delete" list for field application, which needs to be implemented in your vehicle. I know that there is software flashing involved, but it can still happen.

Best of luck!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2012, 11:40   #228
BHPian

How about using Wrangler JK parts on the Thar ?? im looking at bonnet, flares and front facia ? are these mods easy to bolt on without disturbing much of the original frame ? which one would be a better option. JK or the TJ in terms of simplified installation ?
Old 11th June 2012, 01:26   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Many congratulations on your new Thar Bopanna!!
Am really looking forward to your ownership review.
Please do write in detail your experience with the Thar.
Cheers and enjoy your Thar.
Deepak
Deepak

Thank you!

I have uploaded my initial ownership review in a new thread entitled 'Call of the Wild - Mahindra Thar CRDe'

Bopanna
cpbopanna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 06:34   #230
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

hi guys,

I have fitted south african roll over bar to my THAR CRDe yesterday. Took @ 6hrs to fit. Brought all bolts,nuts & id washers from TVS. Thanks to Mr Behram for all guidance & ASC team for fitting. Its a painfull long process of fitting. But worth it.Looks masculine now.

Now no rear seats, planning to sell my OE seats and going to fix a front facing reclinable 2 seater from koyas or Rogotech coimbatore matching front seat upholstery. Photos to be uploaded soon.
Rajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 09:28   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
hi guys,

I have fitted south african roll over bar to my THAR CRDe yesterday. Took @ 6hrs to fit. Brought all bolts,nuts & id washers from TVS. Thanks to Mr Behram for all guidance & ASC team for fitting. Its a painfull long process of fitting. But worth it.Looks masculine now.

Now no rear seats, planning to sell my OE seats and going to fix a front facing reclinable 2 seater from koyas or Rogotech coimbatore matching front seat upholstery. Photos to be uploaded soon.
That sounds great Ranjith sir.Could you kindly post the contact details of " ASC" in bangalore for us lesser mortals. Also I would be extremely grateful if you could PM me the cost of the rollbar and the Nasik Manufacturer contact information.
Awaiting pictures..
Old 12th June 2012, 09:57   #232
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakchow View Post
That sounds great Ranjith sir.Could you kindly post the contact details of " ASC" in bangalore for us lesser mortals. Also I would be extremely grateful if you could PM me the cost of the rollbar and the Nasik Manufacturer contact information.
Awaiting pictures..
hi,

Go to any asc with BD sirs SOP in this thread , i got it done at ASC of IG Laggere.Standing there my self after office for 6 hours. Yes its a painfull process. Bolts welded on the shell holes are not aligned, so it wont pass thru easily in many cases, u need to grind it.inserting ID washers to join 4 bolts was not a joke, then pulling and alligning the same at all fixed post,tightening the heads in tight corner point was another tricky and time consuming job.

reg procurement part i dont prefer to discuss here, it took me 4 months.

Last edited by Rajith : 12th June 2012 at 10:00.
Rajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 09:58   #233
BANNED

Friends,

Im in the process of upgrading the THAR CRDe brakes as per Mr BD sop. Placing the parts order today and also identified a right ASC to do the same, the works manager there was a helper in late 90s and graduated to
Sr cadre in due course thru different M&M ASCs.He has mechanical passion in his heart to do a sincere job with pin point perfection.Feels safe in his hands & Mr BD SOP, at hi speeds.

Rajith.

Last edited by Rajith : 18th June 2012 at 10:05.
Rajith is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 12:30   #234
Senior - BHPian

Looking forward to your brake upgrade. Please post a detailed account of all the parts changed in the process. Also points which need to be specially taken care of during the changeover would be a bonus.
Old 18th June 2012, 15:40   #235
BHPian

Ranjit saab,
It would again be a sincere request to you, if you could start a separate thread in the technical section highlighting the brake upgrade. It would be extremely helpful for newbies like to have all the data in one thread for reference. Bopanna has already started the ball rolling by neatly putting Mr. BD's info in an xls. sheet.
Old 18th June 2012, 17:27   #236
BANNED

guys,
There are 28 items with a cost of 58266/- with out labour.Part details with num will be published soon after a recheck with spike.
Rgrds,
Rajith
Old 19th June 2012, 10:58   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
guys,
There are 28 items with a cost of 58266/- with out labour.Part details with num will be published soon after a recheck with spike.
Rgrds,
Rajith
That is a huge amount and when you include labour, I guess it will be closer to 70k.

What are you planning to do with the original parts? Will that fetch you any money? Anyway keenly following your progress. Please also put up the pictures of the roll bar and the associated cost.
Old 20th June 2012, 10:02   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
guys, There are 28 items with a cost of 58266/- with out labour.Part details with num will be published soon after a recheck with spike. Rgrds, Rajith
Dear Rajith and all - all said and done, at this spare parts material cost + labour + logistics of ensuring that the correct part lands up at the correct dealership + dealership variability, the whole exercise does not seem worth it, although it is an individual's call on an individual's vehicle. However, as brakes is one of the critical systems of the vehicle and as a better alternative is readily available with proven performance and reliability, if done in production, the differential cost would be substantially low, so all of you must push the company to get this system introduced in production.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 20th June 2012, 10:08   #239
BANNED

BD sir,
After getting the quote from ASC i have dropped the idea of break upgradation and decided to drive safe and save money in fuel..
Rajith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2012, 10:39   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BD sir,
After getting the quote from ASC i have dropped the idea of break upgradation and decided to drive safe and save money in fuel..
Wise decision Rajith. . Anyway this would be an added reason for people to give way to any Thar on the highways.
I think many Thar owners have complained about the poor brakes. So I guess it is time, Mahindra addressed this issue. I hope Vinod is reading this.

Last edited by pjbiju : 20th June 2012 at 10:42.

Most Viewed