Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2013, 02:22   #316
BANNED

Re: Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Rajith - today is a good day, you know! .

Your drive statistics: You said nobody could catch you, at that speed, who can?
Hi,

I setted back on Factory ECU mapping and no Race dynamics plugged in.

On 150-160km/hr , Engine demands for 6th gear..

Breaks are just super, especially on the second pumped kick.We transformed it in a very refined manner,you saw it in our last meet at TAJ Bangalore.

Just back from a night drive inside deep woods.Only thing i would like to quote here is "drive responsibly".

Last edited by Rajith : 23rd April 2013 at 02:29.
Old 23rd April 2013, 11:20   #317
Senior - BHPian

Re: Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Rajith - today is a good day, you know! .

Your drive statistics: you have covered 350 kms (Bangalore to Tirupur) in 255 minutes of driving time at an average speed of 82.35 kmph which means you covered 1 km in 44 seconds and you did it consistently for 350 kms! Wow, that must be some drive, with the brakes you have, its safe if your reflexes are sharp but others must be careful! And you had reserve power left! You said nobody could catch you, at that speed, who can?

My drive statistics in MH01V521: I used to cover exactly 179 kms (Dadar Parsi Colony Mumbai to Nasik plant main gate) in 125 minutes of non-stop driving time at an average speed of 85.92 kmph which means I used to cover 1 km in 42 seconds and I used to do it consistently for 179 kms every week, week after week! Good old 521 was still faster by 2 seconds! I had better brakes than what you have! I used to have "lots of" (ahem!) reserve power left! An Audi A6 had tried from Shahpur to Garware Chowk (entrance to Nasik) and failed miserably! Everybody had seen the return drive from EXAMM (last obstacle to INS Shivaji) on the night of 25 June 2010. Jignesh and Gogi (Viper and V-16) had "commented" on the "almost as if on rails" handling characteristics of the drive between Panvel and Pen on the way to the Alibag OTR in August 2010.

This very clearly shows the potency of such a platform with perfect weight distribution, power curve, transmission and tires.

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO DO NOW! . THANKS!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
I constantly did Dubai to Abu Dhabi a distance of 150 KM in a Toyota Landcruiser V8 4700 cc in 75 minutes flat usually without any stops and braking at an average speed of 120 KM per hour ( The max speed allowed on that road is 160 kmph ) on Toyo OP/DH tyres that I had helped design myself, but is that the point ?

We are discussing the real Thar nigging issues here.
desertfox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 15:37   #318
BHPian

Quote:
This very clearly shows the potency of such a platform with perfect weight distribution, power curve, transmission and tires.

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO DO NOW! . THANKS!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Is this an indication of what is to come from a new stable? If it is, would be glad to follow this up in an other existing thread. Hope this time around the the wait is neither too long, nor disappointing.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 25th April 2013 at 13:20. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 23rd April 2013, 21:23   #319
Senior - BHPian

Actually no upgrade is required. Just an upgrade in production quality and pre delivery checks would do Mahindra a lot of good. Not all target customers are auto whiz kids
desertfox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2013, 13:31   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
Just an upgrade in production quality and pre delivery checks would do Mahindra a lot of good.
... and not to mention, a more realistic price

Last edited by vivekjayasheel : 24th April 2013 at 13:35.
vivekjayasheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 08:44   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
Actually no upgrade is required. Just an upgrade in production quality and pre delivery checks would do Mahindra a lot of good. Not all target customers are auto whiz kids
I agree. However with little pursual with ASC after buying the same phase is achievable.
Old 25th April 2013, 12:35   #322
AWD
BHPian

A little birdie tells me that an updated Thar is around the corner! I was about to book the vehicle but thought of confirming from my sources & the response turned out +ve.
AWD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 12:43   #323
Senior - BHPian

Improving after sales service standards is a much more complicated procedure. Great dedication is required from Mahindra - Service marketing division, regional offices and case to case basis direct involvement with the distributor.

There will definetely be an incentive based good performance budget to be comitted from Mahindra corporate.

This can be done Mahindra has to show the will to do it, but more or less Mahindra today is in a sellers market facing little direct competion. This will not be the case this year.

Bolero - competition from relaunched Sumo Gold. It is more spacious
Scorpio - Tata Safari Storme, again a roomier car but not as nifty
XUV - Serious competition here, initial europhia is over. Fortuner, Pajero Sports, Ford Endevour, Isuzu new entry, Jeep Grand Cherokee / Cherokee / COmpass al ot of action is happening here.
THAR - Lower end monopoly. huge orders coming from police force and Govt. agencies as replacement patrol vehicles for DI 2x4.
THAR - CRDe only Tata Motors are capable to design a soft top SWB Sumo to counter it, but the end product will come out to be more like a Bolero Invader. They did have a soft top 4x2 Sumo earlier in LWB to compete with the old Mahindra Commander but it was withdrawn soon. I guess it was in 2001.

Last edited by desertfox : 25th April 2013 at 12:44.
desertfox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 12:43   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
A little birdie tells me that an updated Thar is around the corner! I was about to book the vehicle but thought of confirming from my sources & the response turned out +ve.
Sounds Interesting,any more details?
hope they do not mess up with the pricing.
Old 30th April 2013, 18:33   #325

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Any indication of when this might happen? A guesstimate at least? The local showroom has flatly denied any other editions of the Thar being rolled out in this financial year, but that could be for lack of information.

Any info is welcome, as long as its from a reliable source.
afc.wanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 23:08   #326
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Sounds Interesting,any more details?
hope they do not mess up with the pricing.
Source is a technical guy, won't be knowing much about pricing, etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc.wanderer View Post
Any indication of when this might happen? A guesstimate at least? The local showroom has flatly denied any other editions of the Thar being rolled out in this financial year, but that could be for lack of information.
I was told that they are ready with updated Thar, the company has to decide when to introduce. Showrooms usually do not have much information & even if they do, don't share with consumers.
AWD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 14:48   #327
Senior - BHPian

There may be a BS V version on the anvil and with it an excuse for price increase. With a waiting period due to demand Thar is a ripe case for price increase.

Alternately Mahindra can always fix a few stickers to spoil the paintwork and up the price by Rs. 5000.

And if Toyota Tercel, Echo and Indian Etios can have Limited Edition and TRD stickers then a Mahindra Adventure edition is so much possible with a 100,000 price increase and 35,000 most special discount, it will still be 65,000 extra for additional equiment like bullbars, headlamp grill etc. worth Rs. 15,000.
Old 11th May 2013, 12:34   #328
Senior - BHPian

The Current Motor in the Thar is a M-Eagle Derivative,isnt it?
Looks like it has been discontinued.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3119074

So Thar should also get the M-hawk pretty soon
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 13:32   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
The Current Motor in the Thar is a M-Eagle Derivative,isnt it?
Looks like it has been discontinued.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3119074

So Thar should also get the M-hawk pretty soon
Thought of ending the speculation, THAR CRDe will continue to have 2.5 NEF CRDe engine for now. Hence prospective buyers and existing owners can relax and enjoy!
vinod_nookala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 14:52   #330
Senior - BHPian

Has there even been a prototype in the factory with the 2.2 mHawk engine in the THAR? I am not sure if the combination has even been tried.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks