Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2007, 15:29   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Yes Steer, this is the vehicle I was referring to.
Old 4th June 2007, 22:01   #242
BHPian

guys this forum is about gurkha and not trekker... so lets get back our topic GURKHA .. can anyone tell whats happening when are force motors launching the new gurkha its been months now..
Old 5th June 2007, 11:49   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashu_82_2001 View Post
guys this forum is about gurkha and not trekker... so lets get back our topic GURKHA .. can anyone tell whats happening when are force motors launching the new gurkha its been months now..
Well nobody knows what Force is upto, hence the discussion went on to ridiculous stuff like the Trekker.

I know Samurai has been waiting with his bated breath for quite some time now - I wish Force will say something and allow him to breathe.
Old 6th June 2007, 06:22   #244
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
That's assuming Force would start delivering by then. It's like the NY lotto. Hey, you never know.

I am in line for a Judo with OM611, have talked to Force insiders and looks like they would be delivering them after the auto show.
Old 14th June 2007, 00:57   #245
BHPian

i had been to navnit motors at bhiwandi i had gone for the test drive of a trax gama euro2 version DI it was made as per order fitted witha 4WD. as per me the engine doesnt look that great as compared with gurkha. its too noisy & lots of vibration but it might improve after sometime. i had look at the new VP37 model the euro 3 model it was fitted in a traveller its got a original imported BOSCH processor , the engine looks good more smooth than the euro2 . i hope the gurkha comes with that engine
Old 14th June 2007, 17:18   #246

Help Plzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
There was a user called Gurkha on the forum who has one. He is not active, unfortunately. I've sent you his number - call him and ask for feedback.

Hi i am also lookin for a judo/gurkha But just dont know a single thing please help me

Thanx,
Usheer
Old 20th June 2007, 23:25   #247
BHPian

hi guys what do you suggest if im going for off roading then which engine should i should go for in trax the EURO 2 or the EURO 3 .... euro 3 comes with the bosch processor.. ive seen the gurkha brochure from the car magazine test drive where they show the gurkha going through water but is it possible to take that Euro 3 engine in water its got the bosch processor. does it have any water proofing for it.
Old 21st June 2007, 08:58   #248
Team-BHP Support

BS-II engine is much weaker, just 158Nm compared 195Nm of BS-III engine. What are your chances of wading in 3 feet of water? I say stick with BS-III.

The latest delivery date announced is July end, it is always next month, so the saga continues.
Old 22nd June 2007, 10:52   #249
Senior - BHPian

I had a look at this thread yesterday - read few posts and today I cant resist myselft to finish all 250 posts.
Looks like lot of us have booked Gurkha and still do not have idea what kind of engine it would be..
However, its good to know a lot of things about Force / Trax here and Now I have got a different image about Safari / Bolero or anyother 4x4 once I learned about Gurkha.
I wish I can own one.. I will start saving money for this one soon
Old 22nd June 2007, 16:53   #250
Senior - BHPian

Just had a chat with the Force Motor guys in Delhi about availability of Trax Gurkha/Judo. I was informed thus that Force Motors can only make these models upon completion of 50/100 numbers in its order books. And any model of 4X4 ordered whether it be on Gama/Ambulance/Kargo/whatever or basically anything that would have to be built seperately would take lot of time.

I was told that even the Gama Cruiser would take exactly same time as Gurkha/Judo models if ordered with 4X4.

The contact person also told me that if any Army/BSF/Export/UN orders for Judo/Gurkha materialized then any personal/individual order could be pushed through along with that. So delivery depends upon whether someone has ordered a large number of vehicles at the opportune time/muhoorat or not. For any 4X4 model of Trax the waiting list is 4 months as of today.

In short bahut gadbad hai bhai...
Old 2nd July 2007, 00:31   #251
BHPian

hey guys what happened is there news of the gurkha .. are force going to launch it or no.. im tired waitng for it but still havent lost hopes this week i plan to go to akrudi lets see what happens next.
Old 6th July 2007, 02:27   #252
BHPian

where have all the guys gone .. no posts since many days,,, any news guys
Old 6th July 2007, 07:44   #253
Team-BHP Support

Ashu, if there is some news, people will post. No point in asking for it every few days. If my cousin ever gets his delivery, I'll be the first one to post about it.
Old 7th July 2007, 14:02   #254
BHPian

I guess this also depends on the final drive ratios. Probably why heavier cars & trucks could benifit from a 6th Gear. IMHO, this would enable the car to cruise at lower rpm's . And down shift if we need more torque / bhp to tackle overtaking or inclines.
Old 18th July 2007, 15:10   #255
BHPian

Some news,

Force motors is in process of changing the whole chassis of Trax range... from the rugged Tubular chassis to the C channel ladder type chassis.

The new trax which was going to come with new engine / gearbox / interiors / exteriors will now also have new chassis.

They want to implement it from November 07 but may take February or March 08 to complete development.

Most Viewed