Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2008, 16:46   #466
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Do you mean the 2WD Gama or the 4x4 ??? Is the Gama available with 4x4 now?
Gama was always available in 4x4, but not along with PS, AC & BSIII engine. That may be still the case.
Old 29th December 2008, 14:39   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Gama was always available in 4x4, but not along with PS, AC & BSIII engine. That may be still the case.

Well it's available with PS/AC & BSIII engine!
Old 29th December 2008, 16:28   #468
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
Well it's available with PS/AC & BSIII engine!
In the 4WD version? that is news to me. They didn't even have an order code for the Gama 4WD with PS/AC & BSIII engine.
Old 29th December 2008, 22:36   #469
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
In the 4WD version? that is news to me. They didn't even have an order code for the Gama 4WD with PS/AC & BSIII engine.
What do you mean order code? Force motors uses smoke signals to communicate orders.

Three puffs of smoke is regular GAMA
Four puffs: GAMA + 4x4
Six puffs: GAMA + 4x4 + PS + AC.
Old 30th December 2008, 00:15   #470
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
What do you mean order code? Force motors uses smoke signals to communicate orders.

Yes and no, they didn't know how many puffs for 4x4 with PS/AC and BSIII.
Old 30th December 2008, 11:14   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post

too good, Tini !

No wonder their suppplies take so long, now that the ban on smoking in public places is in place, i guess they are finding it difficult to place their orders .
Old 9th January 2009, 12:59   #472
BHPian

Gamma looks good. I was thinking of one for my village with diff. locks. They told me they can deliver it to me in 4 weeks. But with so many loose screws problem in my Gurkha I have my doubts.

Force dealers are not the best to deal with. They wont return your calls and would not pick your calls. They just don't care, and this is the reason why force is not doing good.

Even I wud be ripping the name and logo of force from my Gurkha and replace with Merc. logo!!!
Old 10th January 2009, 14:40   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
Force dealers are not the best to deal with. They wont return your calls and would not pick your calls. They just don't care, and this is the reason why force is not doing good.
This has been exactly my experience with the local dealer where I am.
The big city Force dealers in the Punjab do a much better job.
By way of contrast, if you go to a Toyota dealer you will get follow up calls on your visit even if you do not want them.

Force lacks business acumen. They serve one function though. They make M&M look almost good by comparison. Almost, that is.
Old 10th January 2009, 21:54   #474
BHPian

I saw a SWB Temp Trax at Mayapuri with Harjeev. This was a Haryana Police version with 4x4 intact. The gear levers slot well so does the 4x4 lever. Looks like a good piece however the body needs work (rusty at place). The make is 2002 and the non negotiated price is 1.1 lac (might come down to 85-90 at best). Do you all think this is a good bet !!!!
Old 11th January 2009, 07:57   #475
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
I saw a SWB Temp Trax at Mayapuri with Harjeev. This was a Haryana Police version with 4x4 intact. The gear levers slot well so does the 4x4 lever. Looks like a good piece however the body needs work (rusty at place). The make is 2002 and the non negotiated price is 1.1 lac (might come down to 85-90 at best). Do you all think this is a good bet !!!!
If it is a 2002, I think it may have the Mercedes OM616 engine. The power train is fairly bullet proof, so I think it is a good buy. I feel that you may need to rework the body since the earlier traxs had rust issues.
Old 11th January 2009, 15:59   #476
Senior - BHPian

The OM616 can do hundreds of thousands of mile with just routine servicing.

What is the parts availability and pricing like for the OM616 in India ?
Old 11th January 2009, 19:30   #477

Trax Gurkha!

Dear Folks,
I Own one.

Please free to go through photographs posted in :Flickr: Boudhi Tree's Photostream

Would enjoy comments if any.

Regards
The Boudhi Tree
Old 12th January 2009, 15:01   #478
BHPian

Bodhitree,

I think yours is the only Gurkha in Ahmedabad, wanted to contact you so can share your exerience with Gurkha as I already made up my mind for it.

After detail study and working out on other factors decided to build one instead of going ahead with Gurkha.

Till date no Gurkha in Baroda, I was the potential first one.

Will be happy to share ideas and views with likeminded people.

Cheerrsss...
Old 12th January 2009, 15:15   #479
BANNED

A sincere word of advice if I may from a veteran Gurkha owner who has over 115,000km on the Gurkha and has faced 10 years of severely bad roads, extreme conditions, good amount of off road etc.

All of you who are not interested in DIY, please don't even consider this vehicle, as design goes, its there with the best the likes G Wagen and TLC, it also has certain advantages over either. However, when new, one needs to check and adjust all the poor workmanship left behind by Force Motors. Luckily the powertrain is not assembled to the standard the rest of the stuff are. However, do that and you will be rewarded with an extremely competent vehicle which will run you the lifetime and go anywhere intended. Even after 10 years, I don't have any rattles or have not gone through any mechanical failures. I took out my transfer case flange after all these years to replace the drying seals even though I didn't have a leak, as you can see from the pic, they are brand new after all the years of hard use. Notice the grooves, there is no wear on them, on other vehicles with high mileage specially done off road, they are worn out.

So folks, do yourself a favor, please DON'T BUY THIS VEHICLE. Force doesn't coax or force you to buy it, neither do they market it. Leave the vehicles for fools like myself and others who are brave enough to work with it and enjoy it. Rest of you, check out the nice shiny Safari, Scorpio, Endeavour, they come with fantastic fit and finish, have all the creature comforts and therefore suit you best. Also do check out Pajero if you are into moderately serious off roading. Its a far better option than the others.

Gurkha is like Linux, if you are expecting WINDOWS, don't use it. Plain and simple.

As for me, I wait for the OM611 Gurkha/Judo, call me a masochist, but I guess there is nothing else that comes close to it.

Someone commented time will tell on how good the Gurkha will do, well for this fool thats me, 10 years of faithful service still running like new, engine with full compression, gears that shift like hot knife through butter, 4WD that engages willingly at any speed, no diff noise or wear are more important than a few loose bolts here or there.

As for high power off roaders, let me tell you, the original G Wagen came with 72bhp and 80bhp engine and when Off Road mag tested them, they ran circles around the higher powered TLC, Range Rover and JEEPs. Same goes for Gurkha, when German Off Road mag tested it in 87, they called it the most competent off roader. Higher bhp special engine vehicles are needed for climbs, not for daily off roading. Most G Wagen purists till today buy the low powered diesel and leave the V12 G for pimps, rap artists and drug dealers.
Attached Thumbnails
Trax Gurkha - As good as it gets??-dsc01466.jpg  

Last edited by Gurkha : 12th January 2009 at 15:18.
Old 12th January 2009, 15:31   #480
BANNED

Bravo Gurkha. As competent (and controversial if I may add) as ever. Great to see you back and firing on all cylinders.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks