Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2009, 11:52   #541
Team-BHP Support

The new Gurkha with those elephant bars looks like spectacled UV, kind of like Harry Potter. I like the original look of the Gurkha, the one with round headlights and no elephant bar.
Old 30th January 2009, 11:53   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Full black trim coming up :

Attachment 95067

Amazing Badboyscad , The Gurkha looks much more aggressive with the bumper and bull bar painted.

Nice Job

Cheers !!!!!
Old 30th January 2009, 11:59   #543
DKG
Senior - BHPian

[quote=badboyscad;1150860]Full black trim coming up :

Thank you Sir !! I think I know what mods I need on my Gurkha

Powder coating shop gets busy!
Old 30th January 2009, 12:11   #544
Senior - BHPian

Hi DKG,

Your Gurkha looks nice but I do notice a tilt in picture , Is it due to some suspension issue ?

Regards
Amit
Old 30th January 2009, 12:13   #545
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Hi DKG,

Your Gurkha looks nice but I do notice a tilt in picture , Is it due to some suspension issue
We have been discussing rhandle's Gurkha. I plan on getting one, on which I will invariably get all the chrome powder coated
Old 30th January 2009, 12:54   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Full black trim coming up :

Attachment 95067

excellent, I have been advised to get it coated but I did not agree. Now I think I should get it done. Amazing skills you got BBS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The new Gurkha with those elephant bars looks like spectacled UV, kind of like Harry Potter. I like the original look of the Gurkha, the one with round headlights and no elephant bar.
Yes the round headlights would make it look like Pakka Merc G-wagen. But these bars are heavy and lot better than any after market I have ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Hi DKG,

Your Gurkha looks nice but I do notice a tilt in picture , Is it due to some suspension issue ?

Regards
Amit
Well Amit, might be due to the picture taken by an amateur your truly and that too with a mobile camera. Also the ground is not that even. You just can compare my pics with those of Samurai !

Trust me there is no suspension issue.

Last edited by rhandle : 30th January 2009 at 12:57.
Old 30th January 2009, 18:42   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Dan you serious about nudging elephants ???
No, actually. I take the lesson of the king of the jungle (Its either the lion or Sam Kapasi, I forget which) who steps aside when elephants stride forth.
Old 30th January 2009, 19:08   #548
Distinguished - BHPian

My god, this machine is as mean as ever! Pity that Force motors is not the most customer friendly auto-manufacturer...if I had to choose between a Bolero and this...I would just plonk down for this machine.

Dan, you looking for an Invader 4x4? I know Force much worse than M&M in every respect, but havent you considered the Gurkha? I think it will outlive, outlast, and outperform the Invader in every respect.
Old 30th January 2009, 20:13   #549
BHPian

@ BBS : One last pic with the Bull bar removed! Please...
Old 31st January 2009, 00:34   #550
BHPian

paparazzi alert ???

Damn you Vaibhav !!! I could'nt have penned my feelings about this sport (of 4wheelinhg ie) as emotionally as you have ! Quit your dayjob if you have one and turn to writing full time doc !!! I am sure I'll buy your books!! P.s I am reading "Kitchen Confidential-Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly" at this point and it is proving to be be more graphic and imaginative than the "show"
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotzuk View Post
torque-ative,

Yes the Gurkha is definitely a very nice offroader. At one point of time I was very seriously contemplating buying one myself, till better sense prevailed

Will I spend 9 big ones on a Gurkha to use only for OTRs? No Sir!! If I want a real serious off roader and have that kind of money to burn, I would rather buy a jeep/gypsy for cheap as a base vehicle and make my own rig. Plonk in a engine of my choice, high lift kit, Atlas axles, diff locks, ultra low gearing, MT's on beadlocks, on-board air, etc. etc., the list is endless, and get a very
very capable off roader and still have some cash left. But all this if I want a rig for off roading only.

There is no such thing as the best off roader in the world. It is a sum total of all components and the driver behind the steering. There are jeep lovers, land rover lovers and followers of different vehicles, each of whom will advocate the wheels of their choice. Each have their own plus points and negatives as well.

The Gurkha has a driveline/transmission to envy. The same is used in the über expensive G Wagen as well. It is a very capable machine, no doubt.

But is it the best? No Sir, I beg to differ!!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 31st January 2009 at 17:18. Reason: Corrected spelling mistake
Old 31st January 2009, 09:24   #551
BANNED

Bullbar is neither a toy nor an aesthetic adornment, like it or not its a necessity off roading or have fun paying for expensive broken grille, damaged radiator and smashed headlights and aux lights.My Gurkha in 99 didnt' come with any and my brother had to sit with a local fabricator who was kind enough to work with him and design it for the Gurkha. If I can tell you how many times it has saved my expensive Hella Rallye 4000 and Hella Germany headlights, it would convince you well on the necessity of the bullbar, I have even put a rear crash bar to protect my tail lights from pesky two wheelers and Marutis banging and breaking em. The rectangular headlight is another MB versus Force issue, as long as Force was MB partner, they had no objection to round headlights, but since Force is no longer a partner, round headlights is out. However it can always be fabricated back if one needs to do so, the hood mounted flashers are classic G Wagen, something I envy as I don't have them.

Last edited by Gurkha : 31st January 2009 at 09:26.
Old 31st January 2009, 12:25   #552
Senior - BHPian

rhandle, nice looking Gurkha you've got there! Btw, why is ur car still running on TEMP plates?? is this an old pic??

Also, did the gurkha come in both 2 door and 4 door variants?? Is there any change in the wheelbase of the two??
Old 31st January 2009, 12:33   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
rhandle, nice looking Gurkha you've got there! Btw, why is ur car still running on TEMP plates?? is this an old pic??

Also, did the gurkha come in both 2 door and 4 door variants?? Is there any change in the wheelbase of the two??
Thats because this is a brand new piece!!

Gurkha always came in SWB,..the MWB is the JUDO, the LWB is the GAMMA

Last edited by Torque-ative : 31st January 2009 at 12:38.
Old 31st January 2009, 16:29   #554
BANNED

Round headlight with black bullbar doesn't look shoddy.
Attached Thumbnails
Trax Gurkha - As good as it gets??-gurkhaturbo.jpg  

Old 31st January 2009, 17:13   #555
BHPian

@ Gurkha - Doesn't the TG have great pose value on the road as well; well I think so! In that case taking off the bull bar might help!

Most Viewed