Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2020, 23:06   #46
BHPian

Re: PICS : Maruti Gypsy Restoration (ex-forces)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpan16 View Post
hi Sid,
Additionally, I don't think MGP provides whole body shell as one piece any more.
Had watched a video by BYC Jammu few months back, restoring the whole body with new parts, but all the body parts were separately ordered, welded and made a single piece together at their workshop.

You can use Boodmo to catalog the part numbers.

Lastly I would say , it would be an expensive , exhaustive and frustrating process. rather get a good condition body shell from some of the auction cars.

Best Regards,
Arpan
Auction cars do not have good condition bodyshells period . I would strongly suggest against "juggad"of welding bodyshells in local garages , as suggested.

Last edited by wbd8779 : 17th July 2020 at 23:30.
wbd8779 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 08:22   #47
BHPian

Guys, there a channel on YouTube - " Vroom Vroom Restoration " . The guy seems to have exceptional quality of workmanship as far as gypsy restoration is concerned. Experts on Gypsy rebuild projects, kindly review it as I am in communication with the man there.

He guarantees use of OEM parts.

sid_hilldriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 11:23   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_hilldriver View Post
Guys, there a channel on YouTube - " Vroom Vroom Restoration " . The guy seems to have exceptional quality of workmanship as far as gypsy restoration is concerned. Experts on Gypsy rebuild projects, kindly review it as I am in communication with the man there.

https://m.Youtube.com/watch?v=hvaYXzFMgWM
Hello Sid,

Is this guy based in lucknow? As the gypsy he is reviewed is lucknow registered.

I know of good mechanics in Kanpur, who buy the army auctions, and restore them.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Vinod
Old 19th July 2020, 18:12   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
Hi Sid ,

The Body shell had a part number in the system till a while back ( a year or 2 ) , but with the gypsy now seemingly out of production ( except the new army delieveries that I read about ) you would need to get in touch with a local MASS who can look for it and get you one .

If you wish to speak with the gentleman , who rebuilt mine you can send me a PM and I will send you his mobile and other details , he might be better placed to help you out.

Thanks !
Thanks for the great help. I will let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpan16 View Post
hi Sid,

guessing from your location you are from Shimla.
you can contact Goyal motors there, had come across multiple forums of him supplying Gypsy parts. Also i saw him have a Maruti outlet.

Additionally, I don't think MGP provides whole body shell as one piece any more.
Had watched a video by BYC Jammu few months back, restoring the whole body with new parts, but all the body parts were separately ordered, welded and made a single piece together at their workshop.

You can use Boodmo to catalog the part numbers.

Lastly I would say , it would be an expensive , exhaustive and frustrating process. rather get a good condition body shell from some of the auction cars.

Best Regards,
Arpan
Thanks Arpan. Goyal motors says that the shell is not available due to zero demand. Also, BYC guys are currently not doing the rebuilding from scratch projects for some reason.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
Hello Sid,

Is this guy based in lucknow? As the gypsy he is reviewed is lucknow registered.

I know of good mechanics in Kanpur, who buy the army auctions, and restore them.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Vinod
Hi Vinod.
The guy is based out of Bhopal. I am impressed by his work. Also check his other videos.

He quotes ₹2.5L for a 2003 restored Gypsy and 4L for a 2010 restored Gypsy.
Old 20th July 2020, 13:40   #50
BHPian

Quote:

https://m.Youtube.com/watch?v=hvaYXzFMgWM
Hi Sid,

Just a piece of advice, from someone who has gone this route of getting a Gypsy from one of these restorers. Please do thorough research before going ahead with them or paying any advance.

Please ensure you can go visit their garage and see the vehicle that they are planning to give you before they begin work on it. Again, see if you can visit mid-way through the project to see progress and the parts being used. Do not go by the pictures posted or shared by them.

I would strongly suggest going with someone local because of the proximity and ease of overlooking the progress of the restoration.

I was initially happy with the Gypsy that i got. But it was only when I started digging deeper and mending some niggling issues that i was told were "normal", did I realise the shoddy work done. This may not be true of all the guys who are into this business out there, but having learnt my lesson, just want to caution a fellow bhpian.
lobojames9 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 15:02   #51
BHPian

Hi Bhpians. My friend here in Shimla wanted to procure a rebuild Gypsy. After much research in and around north India, I have decided to go forward with this Vroom Vroom restoration guy. Let us call it leap of faith plus his quotes suit my friend's pocket. We would be getting the vehicle and documents shipped directly to Shimla and wont be visiting Bhopal. I know it sounds foolish but that is how it is gonna be.
Old 7th November 2020, 20:02   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bhpians. My friend here in Shimla wanted to procure a rebuild Gypsy. After much research in and around north India, I have decided to go forward with this Vroom Vroom restoration guy. Let us call it leap of faith plus his quotes suit my friend's pocket. We would be getting the vehicle and documents shipped directly to Shimla and wont be visiting Bhopal. I know it sounds foolish but that is how it is gonna be.
Could you please share your friends experience with Vroom Vroom restoration. It would be really helpful.
Old 9th November 2020, 13:08   #53
BHPian

Hi Gaddi,

Our order is still in process. We took around one month to finalise the vehicle we want to rebuild. We are now rebuilding a 2007 Model Ex-Army Gypsy . The condition seemed to be good in pics/videos and the car came in running condition. Our restoration is expected to complete by this month's end. He is yet to send us the army auction papers so that we can get the vehicle registered here in our state.
Old 9th November 2020, 23:23   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Gaddi,

Our order is still in process. We took around one month to finalise the vehicle we want to rebuild. We are now rebuilding a 2007 Model Ex-Army Gypsy . The condition seemed to be good in pics/videos and the car came in running condition. Our restoration is expected to complete by this month's end. He is yet to send us the army auction papers so that we can get the vehicle registered here in our state.
Thanks for the update. Please let us know when you get the vehicle about your experience. This will help me to decide further.
Old 3rd December 2020, 11:50   #55
BHPian

Unfortunately due to some professional issues, my friend has cancelled the order for his Gypsy.

Though I am now planning one for myself from Auto Attitudes Noida. Any suggestions?
Old 6th June 2021, 05:46   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately due to some professional issues, my friend has cancelled the order for his Gypsy.

Though I am now planning one for myself from Auto Attitudes Noida. Any suggestions?
From whatever I have seen on YouTube the quality of their restoration looks great however if you can speak to someone who has bought a Gypsy from them it will be better.

I feel Backyard Customs & Auto Attitude are one of the best Gypsy restorers in North India.

Please keep us posted about your experience with them should you decide to go ahead. It will also help other potential Gyspy customers in their buying process.

Good luck!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks