Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2018, 20:19   #541
BHPian

Re: My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI

Congrats on the purchase of a new Gypsy. I am really pleased to hear that new ones are still being sold

On the conical washers, they are a necessary piece of kit to fix the aisin hubs without which the regular ones will work them selves loose

I had the ARB Dakar Springs in my gypsy all around and the ride was very plush given they are slightly longer. However be careful not to overload the rear as they will very easily sag. As a pointer they are designed to fit the SWB SJ413 s sold globally not our LWB Gypsy but they do a great job nevertheless.

Another good mod is to throw away the flimsy ORVM and replace that and the passenger side with those from a Toyota Qualis. Excellent quality and will last the life of the vehicle.
You will need to drill a few holes and i can understand how painful that is on a brand new car but well worth the INR 2000 you will spend on them.
satan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2018, 23:59   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
It seems to be quite expensive. To me, it looks quite similar to the Maruti Omni mirrors Turbanator. Why don't you check them once?
After seeing your post, I did check our Omni's ORVM. The Omni's one look quite similar to the one given in the link, even the mounting point looks similar to the Gypsy. But, I believe these SGP mirrors are convex, whereas the Omni ones are plain mirror.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I have chosen these SMP Mirrors but there is a confusion on mounting, the original one that came has a long rod whereas the SGP ones look different, will we have to drill or we simply mount on the existing holes?
I haven't yet physically checked the Gypsy's ORVM mounting point. But, from the photos it does look like it is same as that of the Omni's, the Omni also doesn't have a long rod to hold the ORVM. Maybe you could check out a Omni ORVM, if it fits or not in your car. If the Omni ORVM fits in the Gypsy, then you can be almost certain that the SGP ones will fit too.

Here are 2 closeup photos of the Omni's ORVM:

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-omni-orvm-1.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-omni-orvm-02.jpg

Last edited by chiranjitp : 26th April 2018 at 00:07.
chiranjitp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2018, 15:35   #543
BHPian

Dear All Gypsy Owners, We need your recommendations on Pre Delivery checks specifically for a Gypsy.

We are Getting Delivery of a White Soft Top on Monday from Swani Motors Amritsar.

Please guide what all should be checked, We have requested the dealer not to install the soft top and rods as we plan to keep the car open always.

The dealer was able to get one for us in 4 weeks although they had promised two weeks, Other Dealers in North India all said 3 to 6 months so this is pretty Good.
filmaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 19:18   #544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmaka View Post
Dear All Gypsy Owners, We need your recommendations on Pre Delivery checks specifically for a Gypsy.

We are Getting Delivery of a White Soft Top on Monday from Swani Motors Amritsar.

Please guide what all should be checked, We have requested the dealer not to install the soft top and rods as we plan to keep the car open always.

The dealer was able to get one for us in 4 weeks although they had promised two weeks, Other Dealers in North India all said 3 to 6 months so this is pretty Good.
Congrats on the new Gypsy.
My suggestion is to get also the soft-top fitted and take the delivery.
If you would not require it, you could get it removed before driving out of the showroom. It would be far easier to check for any issues with the soft-top when its fit on the car.
Other than the top, there isn't much that can go wrong in the Gypsy. You could follow the Team-BHP's standard PDI checklist.
Additionally, you could check and ensure all the holes in the body are closed with those rubber grommets.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 14th May 2018, 23:10   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the new Gypsy.
My suggestion is to get also the soft-top fitted and take the delivery.
If you would not require it, you could get it removed before driving out of the showroom. It would be far easier to check for any issues with the soft-top when its fit on the car.
Other than the top, there isn't much that can go wrong in the Gypsy. You could follow the Team-BHP's standard PDI checklist.
Additionally, you could check and ensure all the holes in the body are closed with those rubber grommets.
Cheers,
Deepak
Thanks Deepak,

We received the Delivery today, All Went well, We noticed that the bonnet was very hot after city drive of around 16 kms and 1 Hour, Is this much heat normal. Also the Support rod of the Bonnet is free from both sides is this Normal?
Old 15th May 2018, 12:40   #546
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The part is open from Maruti's end for sale:

Part No: 43801-80011
Name: HUB ASSY LOCKING
Price: Rs. 5972.5

Part Number: 43841M80000
Name: CONE WASHER, LOCKING HUB
Price: Rs.2

The cone has been discontinued by Maruti, but can be checked using live stock.

Alternatives to conical washer:

1. Toyota Part No: 42343-60010

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dl...?q=42323-60010

Attachment 1752867

2. Local Littal Make:

https://www.partsbigboss.in/cone-was...sy-littal.html
My Hubs are lying ready at local parts dealership but sadly the cone washers that I ordered to partsbigboss never came. Neither did they informed any status. Any idea what can be alternative now? The link you gave is from an unknown web portal, I am not very comfortable ordering.
Old 15th May 2018, 14:27   #547
Team-BHP Support

Just opened the Hub packing and it appears the washers are now part of standard supplies unless I am confusing this with something else

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-whatsapp-image-20180515-2.22.39-pm.jpeg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-whatsapp-image-20180515-2.29.05-pm.jpeg

Meanwhile, I got the Suspension upgraded to ARB- OldMan and the Gypsy feels totally different on the Road - Both at High and Low speeds besides it takes the bumps and imperfections far better. Height has also increased for good. Definitely a worthy upgrade.

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-whatsapp-image-20180515-2.52.42-pm.jpeg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-whatsapp-image-20180515-2.38.32-pm.jpeg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-whatsapp-image-20180515-2.38.33-pm.jpeg
Attached Thumbnails
My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-whatsapp-image-20180515-2.54.46-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 15th May 2018 at 14:57.
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 15:10   #548
BHPian

How much did the suspension upgrade cost ? I was thinking of upgrading my suspension to the same set up as yours but someone here mentioned it might cost close to 80000/-
DrANTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 15:14   #549
Senior - BHPian

Hey Turbanator,
Do you have any part numbers for the ARB suspension upgrade kit?
I had enquired about 8 years back and this is the response i had got http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ml#post2204683
If i may ask, how much did it set you back by?
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 15:15   #550
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Meanwhile, I got the Suspension upgraded to ARB- OldMan and the Gypsy feels totally different on the Road - Both at High and Low speeds besides it takes the bumps and imperfections far better. Height has also increased for good. Definitely a worthy upgrade.
Great! Just a minor point you want to check- the dust cover on the rear shocks seems to have opened up, you need to move it over the shocks to protect the seals. If needed you can use a cable tie to arrest the cover over the shock absorber chamber area.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac....38.33-pm.jpeg
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 15:49   #551
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrANTO View Post
How much did the suspension upgrade cost ? I was thinking of upgrading my suspension to the same set up as yours but someone here mentioned it might cost close to 80000/-
Quote:
Hey Turbanator,
Do you have any part numbers for the ARB suspension upgrade kit?
I had enquired about 8 years back and this is the response i had got http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ml#post2204683
If i may ask, how much did it set you back by?
Cheers,
Deepak
Here are the part numbers -

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-arb.jpg

It costs around 85,000. These parts carry GST @ 28 %

So the prices are more in line with Overseas. There is an issue on fitting the Steering Damper and the mounts needs to be relocated little bit. ARB dealer is helpful and is coordinating with Mr. Nirankar - Classic Motors who has installed the suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Great! Just a minor point you want to check- the dust cover on the rear shocks seems to have opened up, you need to move it over the shocks to protect the seals. If needed you can use a cable tie to arrest the cover over the shock absorber chamber area.
That were exactly my concerns when I saw the mounting. As per ARB, its not required but I have asked Classic to put some additional rubber boot. Haven't checked the one from OEM yet, if it fits fine else will procure locally. But I really don't know why will it be naked? Dust will surely go inside no matter how goods the seals are.

Meanwhile my SGP mirrors also arrived Just don't ask the prices, I am embarrassed with the amount I spent on these.
Attached Thumbnails
My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-whatsapp-image-20180515-2.36.43-pm-2.jpeg  

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-whatsapp-image-20180515-2.36.43-pm-1.jpeg  

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-whatsapp-image-20180515-2.36.43-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 15th May 2018 at 15:52.
Turbanator is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 18:59   #552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My Hubs are lying ready at local parts dealership but sadly the cone washers that I ordered to partsbigboss never came. Neither did they informed any status. Any idea what can be alternative now? The link you gave is from an unknown web portal, I am not very comfortable ordering.
The megazip site is very reliable. Try them once and I'm sure it won't disappoint you.

Edit: Just saw you probably got the washers too. May be some expert member can comment if those are the washers we need.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 15th May 2018 at 19:00.
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 14:50   #553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here are the part numbers
Why are front left and right leafs different? As I see it, we have 2 distinct part nos. listed here for the same.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 05:40   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Why are front left and right leafs different? As I see it, we have 2 distinct part nos. listed here for the same.

CS012FB is the front leaf spring set for stock/light load (0-55 lbs) & gives you 1.25" of lift.

CS012FA is the front leaf spring set for the medium load (55-125 lbs) & gives you 1.5" of lift.

CS039R is the rear leaf spring set for heavy load (200 lbs) & gives you 1.5" of lift.

Ideally, either CS012FB or CS012FA should have been used & not a mix of the two different load rated springs.

I'm also curious as to why heavy duty springs at the rear which are rated for a 200 lbs of constant load were used and not CS038R which are medium load rated springs & would have better suited the application (stock/light load rated springs for the rear are not available).

In any case, almost all of us constantly complain about the non-compliant rear suspension and I would have preferred the medium load rated springs at the rear.

Maybe Raj can elaborate more on that. Over to you Raj.
Vikram Arya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 09:42   #555
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Arya View Post
CS012FB is the front leaf spring set for stock/light load (0-55 lbs) & gives you 1.25" of lift.

CS012FA is the front leaf spring set for the medium load (55-125 lbs) & gives you 1.5" of lift.

CS039R is the rear leaf spring set for heavy load (200 lbs) & gives you 1.5" of lift.

Ideally, either CS012FB or CS012FA should have been used & not a mix of the two different load rated springs.

I'm also curious as to why heavy duty springs at the rear which are rated for a 200 lbs of constant load were used and not CS038R which are medium load rated springs & would have better suited the application (stock/light load rated springs for the rear are not available).

In any case, almost all of us constantly complain about the non-compliant rear suspension and I would have preferred the medium load rated springs at the rear.

Maybe Raj can elaborate more on that. Over to you Raj.
Thanks, Mr. Vikram for the details, after cool_dube had pointed, I tried to google but could not find the difference.

I have dropped the message to ARB dealership.

Mr. Vikram, can you share the link where we get this information and also can you check if the shocks are correct?

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th May 2018 at 09:57.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks