Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2018, 12:54   #556
Team-BHP Support

Re: My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI

ARB Guys answered promptly despite being a holiday

The front setup indeed has different Springs and even different U Clamps. FA is on the left side and FB is for right. If we check the old sales quote from here-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ml#post2204683

even that has a different setup. Just that ARB does no longer recommend the old 034 shocks.

Here's the complete information.

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-whatsapp-image-20180520-12.13.24-pm.jpeg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-whatsapp-image-20180520-12.21.17-pm.jpeg

Unfortunately, I was not aware of this before and don't know if we have installed the correct ones on the respective sides. ARB Dealership should have explained clearly or even packed the contents as front Left/ Right. Hope my installer had spoken to ARB guy during installation.

Regarding rear, as pointed out by Mr. Vikram, ARB has indeed supplied the one with 100 Kg constant load. They have told me to try using the existing one with some load and check if it gets better, in which case they will order medium one for me.

I feel they should have told me this beforehand especially when I had asked them specifically to give me the medium one (they don't produce the standard for the rear which was told at the time of ordering)

I will update the outcome here.

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th May 2018 at 13:18.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 13:18   #557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Arya View Post
Ideally, either CS012FB or CS012FA should have been used & not a mix of the two different load rated springs.

I'm also curious as to why heavy duty springs at the rear which are rated for a 200 lbs of constant load were used and not CS038R which are medium load rated springs & would have better suited the application
Completely agree with all of the points above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Mr. Vikram, can you share the link where we get this information and also can you check if the shocks are correct?
I have been doing some research on this front since I plan to switch over to OME suspension setup for my Gypsy very soon. When asked for a quote from the ARB distributor here, I was given a similar list of parts and could not get a convincing answer to my query regarding the reason behind use of 2 differently rated leafs in the front. He has reached out to ARB AUS on this and will get back to me by tomorrow.

I am of the understanding that if one does not plan to install a heavy front bumper along with a winch OR use the Gypsy for hauling really heavy loads, a medium setup for both front and back should be just fine. Also note that shocks are the same for all ratings of leaf springs, for front and back respectively.

FYI - given below is a snippet from ARB website, detailing the specs for Suzuki Samurai suspension. Hope this helps...
Attached Thumbnails
My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-arb.jpg  

Last edited by cool_dube : 20th May 2018 at 13:37.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 13:38   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The front setup indeed has different Springs and even different U Clamps. FA is on the left side and FB is for right.
I am still not convinced. Why would they be different, unless the load on the front of the Gypsy is heavily off-set to one side (which does not seem to be the case, at least visually)?

Last edited by cool_dube : 20th May 2018 at 14:07.
Old 20th May 2018, 13:44   #559
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
When asked for a quote from the ARB distributor here, I was given a similar list of parts and could not get a convincing answer to my query regarding the reason behind use of 2 differently rated leafs in the front. He has reached out to ARB AUS on this and will get back to me by tomorrow.

I am of the understanding that if one does not plan to install a heavy front bumper along with a winch OR use the Gypsy for hauling really heavy loads, a medium setup for both front and back should be just fine. Also note that shocks are the same for all ratings of leaf springs, for front and back respectively.

FYI - given below is a snippet from ARB website, detailing the specs for Suzuki Samurai suspension. Hope this helps...
I will agree with you but there must be a reason, I have posted a link from 2010 where some European guy have also offered similar configuration so let's wait for an answer.

Here's another site which has used the same configuration

http://www.4x4proyect.com/parts/old-...-kit-suzuki/en

Can you post the link to the ARB site from where you got this information?

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th May 2018 at 13:53.
Old 21st May 2018, 14:25   #560
Senior - BHPian

Heard back from the OME distributor today. They had reached out to ARB on this and the response is - front LH and RH leafs are indeed different for the Gypsy King 1.3 lit model, given the slightly uneven weight distribution across the two, primarily due to the engine being offset to one side.

Turbanator - can you confirm this (the reason, that is) once with your guy as well?
Old 21st May 2018, 15:17   #561
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Heard back from the OME distributor today. They had reached out to ARB on this and the response is - front LH and RH leafs are indeed different for the Gypsy King 1.3 lit model, given the slightly uneven weight distribution across the two, primarily due to the engine being offset to one side.
Yes, the same reason.

ARB Dealer is trying to get my medium load rating springs by Air in next consignment
Old 22nd May 2018, 00:06   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Mr. Vikram for the details, after cool_dube had pointed, I tried to google but could not find the difference.

I have dropped the message to ARB dealership.

Mr. Vikram, can you share the link where we get this information and also can you check if the shocks are correct?
Here's the ARB USA link: http://www.arbusa.com/Vehicle-Application-Guide.aspx

I'm also enclosing the pdf for your ready reference.

Thank you very much for clarifying about different load rated springs for the front left & right side. Going by your feedback even I'm tempted however having put 3,800 kms in two and half years I don't know if it's worth it.

Please advise if there's an OME distributor in North?

On a side note when I'm back towards the end of the year (I normally land at CHD) you would be kind enough to take me for a short drive and I can evaluate the difference from the stock set up.

Again congratulation and enjoy your new ride (now much more comfortable).

suzukiSamurai.pdf
Vikram Arya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 00:23   #563
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Arya View Post
Here's the ARB USA link: http://www.arbusa.com/Vehicle-Application-Guide.aspx

I'm also enclosing the pdf for your ready reference.

Thanks for the details, so this PDF also mentions 2 different types for the front.

Quote:
Going by your feedback even I'm tempted however having put 3,800 kms in two and half years I don't know if it's worth it.
Please advise if there's an OME distributor in North?
Since you plan to keep this one for a long time, I will say go for it.

Yes, you can buy from the ARB Dealer in Gurgaon. We (small NCR group managed by Mod-Anshuman - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-A...ewxrA?reload=9) and have bought multiple products including Lockers from them, generally, they are competitive & helpful. You can get these fitted from your local mechanic or Classic- Noida which we all use here.

Quote:
When I'm back towards the end of the year (I normally land at CHD) you would be kind enough to take me for a short drive and I can evaluate the difference from the stock set up
Of course, maybe book tickets till Delhi and you can drive all the way from Airport to Chandigarh, I will try to accompany you or send the Gypsy to Airport with someone
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2018, 19:23   #564
BHPian

Best thing i did on june 4th 2011 is buying a brand new gypsy, its been 7 years and still going absolutely strong. I don't see any signs of ageing on my gypsy, may be my gypsy can serve me another 10-15 yrs with out a problem. This is the only vehicle which brings a smile when ever i drive it. I just kept my gypsy as simple as possible and as close as possible to a stock vehicle.

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_8737.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_8739.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_8736.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_8738.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_8702.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_8701.jpg
drbones is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th May 2018, 14:12   #565
BHPian

Hi Dr Bones, That is a very well maintained gypsy, How is your experience with the car heating in city traffic after an hours drive? Is this normal? Also is the Radiator fan engine linked and its speed is as per engine rpm's ?
filmaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2018, 14:59   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmaka View Post
Hi Dr Bones, That is a very well maintained gypsy, How is your experience with the car heating in city traffic after an hours drive? Is this normal? Also is the Radiator fan engine linked and its speed is as per engine rpm's ?
i don't have any problem of heating, installed an extra fan in front of radiator at the time of AC fitting. No problem with my ac till date.
Old 26th May 2018, 19:30   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmaka View Post
How is your experience with the car heating in city traffic after an hours drive?
Does the temp gauge indicate normal engine temp? If so, what is the concern?
Old 23rd June 2018, 17:40   #568
BHPian

Hi guy. I am getting my new GYPSY in a couple of week in Bangalore. Any suggestions on where to get the Air-Conditioning fit and whats the best compressor-blower combination? Also, appreciate if you could point me to the right place to get the work done.
The Red Devil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2018, 22:04   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Devil View Post
Hi guy. I am getting my new GYPSY in a couple of week in Bangalore. Any suggestions on where to get the Air-Conditioning fit and whats the best compressor-blower combination? Also, appreciate if you could point me to the right place to get the work done.

Congrats The Red Devil for your Gypsy. What color did you book? What is the promised date of delivery from the date of booking? Hope you have a fantastic time with your gypsy. For AC - Sanden 507 compressor with super king blower is the best combination, Make sure that your as condenser is fixed above the drive shaft with an electric fan to avoid over heating issue.
drbones is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 03:07   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbones View Post
Congrats The Red Devil for your Gypsy. What color did you book? What is the promised date of delivery from the date of booking? Hope you have a fantastic time with your gypsy. For AC - Sanden 507 compressor with super king blower is the best combination, Make sure that your as condenser is fixed above the drive shaft with an electric fan to avoid over heating issue.
Thanks a lot. I booked it couple of weeks back and from what I am hearing it has been dispatched from the factory and on its way to Bangalore.

With permission, I will try and replicate the triple mattress sleeping arrangement in my Gyspy since I will be using it mainly for touring. Will keep you posted.
The Red Devil is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks