Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2016, 13:18   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Never lose hope!
Thank you for the encouraging words, sir! Really appreciate your support and empathy. I might sound a bit naive here but I fail to understand this - why have other color options on the brochure at all, if they are not willing to provide cars in this color to customers, for whatever reasons!! Life would have been much simpler had they published WHITE as the only available color on the brochure / website - no questions asked, I'd have booked a WHITE and would have been at peace with myself. It simply defies logic.
Old 25th July 2016, 13:56   #242
Senior - BHPian

It defies logic because Maruti has the DNA of a government company; it will take some time for all of that to get bred out. As government companies go it was one of the better ones though, which is why it has remained successful in a market that is now very competitive.
Old 25th July 2016, 14:06   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
It defies logic because Maruti has the DNA of a government company
Yeah, seems to be the case. Anyways, given their attitude, this is probably my last car from MSIL. I was hoping to exchange my aging Alto with a new K10 but now I'd probably go with a Kwid or i10 instead.

Last edited by cool_dube : 25th July 2016 at 14:13.
Old 25th July 2016, 15:02   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I was hoping to exchange my aging Alto with a new K10 but now I'd probably go with a Kwid or i10 instead.
Dear Cool Dube - please TEST DRIVE whichever car you want to spend your money on. TEST DRIVE means TEST DRIVE, not some 100m round near the showroom! Find friends who have them, spend some time with them, the cars will talk to you provided you are willing to engage in a meaningful conversation with them, then take a very well informed decision. Be very careful, a lot of toys are being sold as cars in "mera bharati mahaan"! Once you have the proverbial bell around the cow's neck, nobody will bother!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 15:16   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Be very careful, a lot of toys are being sold as cars
You are spot on, sir. Anyways, this event is still a year, if not more, away. My priority right now is to get out of my current predicament - to blue or not to blue

Last edited by cool_dube : 25th July 2016 at 15:33.
Old 25th July 2016, 16:18   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Be very careful, a lot of toys are being sold as cars in "mera bharati mahaan"!....
Could we get a list of such contraptions sir by any chance?

@cool_dube, I think the best thing to do now is to simply forget that you 've seen the blue colour in the brochure. Pretend not to 've seen that ever and go for the white, 'inner peace', as Master Shifu said.
Kandisa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 16:27   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
@cool_dube, I think the best thing to do now is to simply forget that you 've seen the blue colour in the brochure. Pretend not to 've seen that ever and go for the white, 'inner peace', as Master Shifu said.
Ha ha - good one Kandisa! I have set myself an internal deadline - if things do not seem to start looking up by then, I will settle for inner peace and go with White
Old 25th July 2016, 17:59   #248
Senior - BHPian

For all you know, MUL needs a batch of minimum number of vehicles to schedule a colour run, especially if they use immersion method. The blue and green are not offered in any of their vehicles, so unless some agency orders a large enough batch, those colours; though available; are for all practical purpose not available for one or two orders.

As suggested, just forget the choice and order the white. As many on this forum have done, apply a couple of coats of colour of your choice after you get the vehicle.
Old 25th July 2016, 19:10   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
For all you know, MUL needs a batch of minimum number of vehicles to schedule a colour run, especially if they use immersion method. The blue and green are not offered in any of their vehicles, so unless some agency orders a large enough batch, those colours; though available; are for all practical purpose not available for one or two orders.
That is precisely the reason and they acknowledge it. My gripe is that why should it be any of my concern! When they publish the blue color as an available option in their brochure, it should come with a rider that you better pray to the almighty that 25 more people order the same color around the same time, or else keep waiting till kingdom come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
As suggested, just forget the choice and order the white. As many on this forum have done, apply a couple of coats of colour of your choice after you get the vehicle.
That is always the fallback plan but I wanted to try my luck once
Old 26th July 2016, 10:35   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Could we get a list of such contraptions by any chance?
Dear Kandisa - good try there, but however hard you try, I am not getting into uncharted territory on an open forum. I don't want a ton of bricks with lots of nuisance value to land on my head, I've better things to hit myself on the head with! Of course I know exactly which cars are toys and also how each car / toy behaves, and of course I will never disclose. So two smilies are justified and hahaha is also justified!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

PS: first drive, then sit very quietly and think, then you will also come to know. It is not rocket science!
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 16:13   #251
Senior - BHPian

Oye, Rahul! Couldn't help but think of you when I read this..

Name:  ForumRunner_20160729_161400.png
Views: 1927
Size:  69.8 KB

Edit: looks like the wordings are hard to read in the screenshot. Here's the text:

" On 19 July 2016, I became a Proud Owner of Maruti Gypsy King Soft Top.
It was a teenage crush, to own 4WD, then MM540 .

Tried Thar CRDE, but not felt comfortable. Vibrations, noise, ride quality. Not impressed.
By chance, asked local Maruti dealer about Gypsy . First they said, it can be made available after order.
Thought, as I was waiting for dream 4WD for more than 25 years, why not to wait for further few months ?

Saturday, the Sales person visited me, and gave a news, Gypsy is available with Goa dealership, and if you want, pay advance, you can get delivery.
The dealer was not having any leaflet or demo vehical. So, called my friend who brought Gypsy last year.
Wife was not ready for 4WD due to it's discomforts. Finally, convinced her, took her for a test ride in mud , and immediately after test ride rushed to dealer for advance payment.
Time was 05.00 PM , Saturday .

The Works Manager of Sai service - Bharat Rasal who is a very good friend of mine, surprised by my Gypsy choice – made faster arrangements, and I got my keys and a Pooja of dream 4WD on
Tuesday evening 06.00 PM. The total loop closed in mear 17 business hours.

When ever I drove on roads, common people, police cops , literally stops me and asks how the hell you managed to have Gypsy ? Is it available ? and so many questions. Aah. A proud feeling.
Sometimes, I really feel, am I in dram ? Does , really I own Gypsy ? Wife and parents , seems happy, as I am above the sky. Kids are super enjoying in my happiness. They loved this Mountain Goat.

I am not a enthusiastic off roader or a farmer, but a typical metro person. But I am living my dream to own Gypsy.
And sure, after , say 3_4 years later, people will buy Gypsy and it will be a sort of status symbol which now a days Royal Enfield is enjoying.

Wish me Happy Riding, Cheers. "

https://m.facebook.com/groups/223661...95459790494220

Last edited by schakravarthy : 29th July 2016 at 16:40.
schakravarthy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2016, 11:51   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
Oye, Rahul! Couldn't help but think of you when I read this..
Ha ha... thanks man I wish I could post my ownership experience soon too. I have been trying to reach out to someone in Maruti sales to understand if there are any chances at all, of getting hold of a blue Gypsy, but no luck so far. This is a real test of my patience
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 16:06   #253
BHPian

Hi Shyamkrish, If you want an idea of how your Gypsy will look and drive like 18 years down the line, do let me know when you are in Kodaikanal next. Mine is a 1997 carb Gypsy king, actually my second. The first was a 1000cc, 4+1 gear regular Gypsy. If you do notice a bit of drag at Kodai compared to the plains, write that off to the rarer air. You can get Rajendran at Natarajan automobiles (near Jai Hotel, same premises as Jai automobiles) to tweek your tuning for the lower Oxygen levels, if you spend any extended periods here.
Gear-ge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 09:33   #254
BHPian

Infact, i know Rajendran very well. I used to have an Indica petrol which was the only petrol Indica in Kodai. If you tell him "owner of the Red Indica Petrol" he will point you to my place. I sold it off.

Infact before i bought my Gypsy i asked for his opinion and told him iam counting on him to help me repair it. He discouraged me from buying it saying its too shaky and suggested Thar. But i was hell bent on the Gypsy and bought it

But yes i would definitely like to meet up when iam there next , which will on the weekend of independence day

Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 20:03   #255
BHPian

Well, I can't say I know Mechanic Rajendran very well, after all I drive a Gypsy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks