Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2021, 10:27   #271
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Mohali
Posts: 9
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Our Marshal DI 4x4 NGCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselhead View Post
I am installing dual a/c s both for front and ceiling.
Will keep sharing pics soon. Thanks again for your enthusiasm.
Hi Dieselhead,

Congratulations on your amazing build.

Have you thought on using Bolero dashboard on your Marshal. It is easily to procure from vehicle scrap market.

regards,
MB4DI
MB4DI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 10:36   #272
BHPian
 
jeeva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 681
Thanked: 797 Times
Default Re: Our Marshal DI 4x4 NGCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB4DI View Post
Hi Eric,

Which makes me believe that, the rear slider windows on Bolero DI LWB could also be replaced by the fixed quarter window glass from the regular SWB Bolero ?

regards,
MB4DI
No. In the LWB Bolero, the slider window (set of 2 glasses) and the frame is much longer than the ones that came on the regular Bolero owing to its longer wheel base. Well, the Armada, Marshal (both non NGCS), and the Commander derived hardtops came with fixed glasses.
Obviously, if you can patch up some of that extra glass area with sheet metal, you can. Hope this helps.
jeeva is offline  
Old 23rd April 2021, 11:42   #273
BHPian
 
dieselhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 99
Thanked: 73 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Our Marshal DI 4x4 NGCS

Have you thought on using Bolero dashboard on your Marshal. It is easily to procure from vehicle scrap market.

regards,
MB4DI[/quote]
Thanks for your post. Yes I tried looking for a bolero dashboard complete with the HVAC unit. But by the time I could find a decent one, I had already modified mine for the existing one. It required changes for the bolero clutch and brake bracket, repostiong of the steering column(for sz plus engine).BTW the bolero dashboard would call for some mounting related changes.
dieselhead is offline  
Old 23rd April 2021, 12:54   #274
BHPian
 
ringoism's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Himachal
Posts: 722
Thanked: 2,236 Times
Default Re: Our Marshal DI 4x4 NGCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB4DI View Post
What Crown/Pinion ratio you are running on your vehicle ?
4.27:1. It'll do a GPS-measured 100kmph on flat ground (if you've got a couple kilometers to build up to it), but it's screaming and unpleasant at that rate. A fifth gear or 3.73's would be preferable. Up to about 75-80 it's pretty okay as-is.

Of course, I'm running a tractor 'silencer" so take that with a grain of salt !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
No. In the LWB Bolero, the slider window (set of 2 glasses) and the frame is much longer than the ones that came on the regular Bolero owing to its longer wheel base.
I'll measure next time I see a Bolero DI. The Bolero Plus has a noticeably longer rear section, but the DI's I've seen appear to gain their length by the distance between the axles, not the rear section. Thus their second-row door glass (and doors) is longer, and jnterchangeable with the Camper's. Interestingly, the old Utiliti crewcab (anyone remembwr those?) had the regular shorter rear doors of the Bolero/ Marshal / Commander. Which for its intended purpose actually seems to make sense.

-Eric
ringoism is offline  
Old 23rd April 2021, 14:07   #275
Senior - BHPian
 
svsantosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hosur
Posts: 3,537
Thanked: 2,850 Times
Default Re: Our Marshal DI 4x4 NGCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringoism View Post
...On those lines, have got ours pretty well ready for it's "passing" on the 24th... Hoping and praying.
It wont pass the next 5 year FC.

It may get a 15 year new car RC Passing
svsantosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 18:35   #276
Senior - BHPian
 
DirtyDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dharamsala
Posts: 1,976
Thanked: 1,233 Times
Default Re: Our Marshal DI 4x4 NGCS

2021 4x4 Bolero has factory PS...about 8.7 Lakh out the door. I have seen white plates on Campers very, very rarely. Here is one...

DirtyDan is offline  
Old 25th April 2021, 19:38   #277
BHPian
 
ganesc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madurai
Posts: 278
Thanked: 218 Times
Default Re: Our Marshal DI 4x4 NGCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
2021 4x4 Bolero has factory PS...about 8.7 Lakh out the door. I have seen white plates on Campers very, very rarely. Here is one...
His other videos in the playlist shows yellow plate, same number. Not sure which one is right.

I thought they have stopped 4X4 Bolero long back, may have missed but is it still sold? for 8.7L on road? Made to order or any specific states only?
ganesc is offline  
Old 25th April 2021, 20:03   #278
Senior - BHPian
 
DirtyDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dharamsala
Posts: 1,976
Thanked: 1,233 Times
Default Re: Our Marshal DI 4x4 NGCS

Bolero Camper I typoed...Mahindra's site says they sell 4x4 Bolero Campers. I assume its the old dependable MDi3200tc motor with some BS-VI tweaking.

Car & Bike says it's available, too. Google it and you will know what I know. I am going to see if you can white-plate it here in H.P. via some legal gymnastics. Last time I knew H.P. RTO would not allow white plate.
DirtyDan is offline  
Old 26th April 2021, 15:31   #279
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Mohali
Posts: 9
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Our Marshal DI 4x4 NGCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringoism View Post
4.27:1. It'll do a GPS-measured 100kmph on flat ground (if you've got a couple kilometers to build up to it), but it's screaming and unpleasant at that rate. A fifth gear or 3.73's would be preferable. Up to about 75-80 it's pretty okay as-is.
So, a Bolero with 3.73 ratio differential + NGT520 GB in 5th gear and 255/65/16 AT tyres, the combination would make good cruising @ 110kmph on highway with MDI3200TC touching 2500 RPM approx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringoism View Post
I'll measure next time I see a Bolero DI. The Bolero Plus has a noticeably longer rear section, but the DI's I've seen appear to gain their length by the distance between the axles, not the rear section. Thus their second-row door glass (and doors) is longer, and jnterchangeable with the Camper's. Interestingly, the old Utiliti crewcab (anyone remembwr those?) had the regular shorter rear doors of the Bolero/ Marshal / Commander. Which for its intended purpose actually seems to make sense.

-Eric
LWB Bolero DI and SWB Bolero has exact same size of quarter rear glass dimensions, confirmed physically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Bolero Camper I typoed...Mahindra's site says they sell 4x4 Bolero Campers. I assume its the old dependable MDi3200tc motor with some BS-VI tweaking.
The BS6 version has got an Intercooler in addition with Turbocharger, different intake manifold as well.

regards,
MB4DI
Attached Images
 
MB4DI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 13:34   #280
BHPian
 
ringoism's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Himachal
Posts: 722
Thanked: 2,236 Times
Default Re: Our Marshal DI 4x4 NGCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
2021 4x4 Bolero has factory PS...about 8.7 Lakh out the door. I have seen white plates on Campers very, very rarely. Here is one...
It's a fake white-plate. Friend here has also done it just because "he likes it".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
His other videos in the playlist shows yellow plate, same number. Not sure which one is right.

I thought they have stopped 4X4 Bolero long back, may have missed but is it still sold? for 8.7L on road? Made to order or any specific states only?
Yes, made for a couple years in BS4 and as with the previous LX DI 4x4 available on order (a few were sold here to non-government entities), then completely discontinued except Camper 4x4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Bolero Camper I am going to see if you can white-plate it here in H.P. via some legal gymnastics. Last time I knew H.P. RTO would not allow white plate.
I have heard of a legit HP42 white-plate (Lahaul Distt.) Camper, But clerk at Kullu RTO told me yesterday they definitely do not issue them - only available on V-Cross/Xenon/Getaway. So it may be a district-level decision on how and whether the rules are to be interpreted/ bent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB4DI View Post
LWB Bolero DI and SWB Bolero has exact same size of quarter rear glass dimensions, confirmed physically.
Yes, I think there's been some (understandable) confusion here re: the LWB (but not "Plus") Bolero DI's. Not short wheelbase, but also not extended rear section. These as you say have the same rear quarter window dimensions -sliding or fixed - as Marshal / SWB Boleros of all types. Here below are the LWB Plus, the LWB DI (which came in both flat-top and hightop, with longer rear doors like the Camper's, but small rear section), the standard SWB Bolero, and the Marshal. Only the Plus has the longer rear quarter glass AFAIK:

Name:  Screenshot_20210427131659108_org.mozilla.rocket_1.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  65.2 KBName:  Screenshot_20210427131731941_org.mozilla.rocket_1.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  65.6 KBName:  Screenshot_20210427131449483_org.mozilla.rocket_1.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  48.6 KB
Our Marshal DI 4x4 NGCS-img_20210421_111116_102.jpeg

-Eric

Last edited by ringoism : 27th April 2021 at 13:46.
ringoism is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 01:06   #281
BHPian
 
dieselhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 99
Thanked: 73 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Our Marshal DI 4x4 NGCS

I have installed Armada rubber beadings and Bolero curved fixed glass in the 3rd row replacing the sliders on my Marshal SZ Plus BA 10/ BW 4x4.
dieselhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 22:59   #282
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 73
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: Our Marshal DI 4x4 NGCS

Hi Eric,

I have been a silent admirer of your posts over the years. Having owned a 2wd Bolero for 8 yrs/ 251k kms and traveled across India including couple of trips to Ladakh, I admire the simple workhorse vehicles. And i did own a Scorpio 2.2 Mhawk later for 2 yrs / 73k kms and agree to all your observations on the suspension and low torque at lower rpms.

Till date, I have not had anything of value to post in your thread. But today I found something on olx which would be perfect for you - https://www.olx.in/item/mahindra-bol...iid-1634970339

The most probable best fit for your needs would be the Mahindra Bolero DI 4wd with Long wheel base that came with a semi high top.

The next time i come up to Manali, will make it a point to meet you.

Best wishes,
JP

Last edited by Herbie98 : 6th May 2021 at 23:05.
Herbie98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 00:19   #283
BHPian
 
dieselhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 99
Thanked: 73 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Our Marshal DI 4x4 NGCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselhead View Post
I have installed Armada rubber beadings and Bolero curved fixed glass in the 3rd row replacing the sliders on my Marshal SZ Plus BA 10/ BW 4x4.
Adding a few updated pics. Work stopped at all weather seals and beadings installed. Next ac work stopped due to lockdown followed by power windows and central locks. The car drives pretty well though the water temp hovers around 100. Maybe I need to look at the viscous fan, radiator and the shroud. Also the 3.73 fd swap is on the anvil.
Attached Thumbnails
Our Marshal DI 4x4 NGCS-20210506_204247.jpg  

Our Marshal DI 4x4 NGCS-20210506_204219.jpg  

Our Marshal DI 4x4 NGCS-20210502_103940.jpg  

Our Marshal DI 4x4 NGCS-20210502_103918.jpg  

Our Marshal DI 4x4 NGCS-20210502_103907.jpg  

dieselhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks