Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2014, 14:43   #31
BANNED

Re: My Land Rover Projects - Discovery & Defender 90

The vehicle is now driving like a dream...

On a different note, having an interesting challenge with the air conditioning... In very hot conditioning- at least happened twice- the AC switches off... & comes back on in a few seconds. This doesn't seem to happen in cooler times of the day. Also, affects only the front blower & not the rear one.

Any ideas from the group on what could be the case? My initial thought was electrical- while I will get it checked, it mayn't be the case of loose wiring, as it won't do this only in hot weather.[/quote]
Please check the ac thermostat switch.
dracul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 07:51   #32
BHPian

While going through the net, found an interesting site which I thought will share with all of you.

In my association with Land Rovers & in specific this 300 Tdi Discovery, I have never seen anyone invest so much of money & effort into a vehicle to make it overland ready.

Please in specific look at Ralph Hardwick's page & look up the through video tour of storage setup.

Here is the site...

Overland-rovers.com.

Enjoy & let me know what you think....
abhishek_d_zulu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2014, 13:58   #33
BHPian

A massive step in the right direction!

For the first time since the past many years of my Land Rover restoration work, I took the bold step of importing a gearbox from the UK, without an importer license. Considering the steep cost involved, this was quite a risk.

My fear wasn't unfounded. Customs did hold the consignment for over 6 weeks, but thankfully allowed it to be given over, with some steep duty.

Posting pictures of it arriving at home. Bought this from Ashcroft Engineering- the front runners globally in terms of Land Rover gearbox rebuilt. This particular gearbox is rebuilt with new Torque Converter.

Here is their website, for those of you who may want to do this yourselves:

http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk

The gearbox has subsequently been fitted into the Discovery & I took my first test drive yesterday.

With the engine rebuilt & the gearbox replaced, this is fast turning into my dream machine...
Attached Thumbnails
My Land Rover Projects - Discovery & Defender 90-image.jpg  

abhishek_d_zulu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 18:31   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_d_zulu View Post
A massive step in the right direction!

For the first time since the past many years of my Land Rover restoration work, I took the bold step of importing a gearbox from the UK, without an importer license. Considering the steep cost involved, this was quite a risk.

My fear wasn't unfounded. Customs did hold the consignment for over 6 weeks, but thankfully allowed it to be given over, with some steep duty.

Posting pictures of it arriving at home. Bought this from Ashcroft Engineering- the front runners globally in terms of Land Rover gearbox rebuilt. This particular gearbox is rebuilt with new Torque Converter.

Here is their website, for those of you who may want to do this yourselves:

http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk

The gearbox has subsequently been fitted into the Discovery & I took my first test drive yesterday.

With the engine rebuilt & the gearbox replaced, this is fast turning into my dream machine...
Hi abhishek_d_zulu have also chanced upon a Discovery 2 V8.... wanted to check if you would be knowing any local suppliers in India who would be stocking routine service/ repair parts. Your inputs would be of great value. Thanks

gpsbrar
Old 15th July 2017, 05:13   #35
BHPian

Hi, I used to import the parts from the U.K. directly- but off eBay, and have it sent; pay Customs. This process used to work better and easier for me, rather than try finding parts in a non-existent India market.
abhishek_d_zulu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks