Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2013, 20:10   #241
BHPian

Re: MM550 XD NGCS - The War Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Buster View Post
Dear Shreejesh, Thanks, the EGR is there but its been bypassed/bocked off? before i got it.

what no Lsd?? what would the army do with an open differential? lsd has a lot of advantages in off road. what is the cost and availability of getting the 19 spline axle and lsd, and do you plan to get one? i am guessing yes, since you guys are regular offroaders

Haha, not confused yet..

Regards,

Bronco Buster
NGCS axle is 19 spline. there are few available in the market like auburnGear LSD & lock right auto locker , few months back the price was 22k for lock right. auburnGear LSD costs around 23k I think Both are 19 spline Dana 44.
I am going for AuburnGear LSD on rear.

- Sreejesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekjayasheel View Post
Instead of throwing money at a limited-slip differential, why don't you look at full, manually-activated diff-locks?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...ine-axles.html
I think Its over priced and the reliability need to be tested before throwing 45k. But its really an added advantage in offroad especially in competitions.

- Sreejesh
Old 7th November 2013, 15:40   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejeshmp View Post
Did a wheel alignment tyre rotation from Calicut's Most trusted wheel alignment center "Choisons tyres calicut".
Dear sreejeshmp, which vehicle did these guys use as reference for the angles? since no one seems to have the company settings for doing alignment on our vehicle.

Regards,

Bronco Buster
Old 8th November 2013, 16:52   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Buster View Post

Dear sreejeshmp, which vehicle did these guys use as reference for the angles? since no one seems to have the company settings for doing alignment on our vehicle.

Regards,

Bronco Buster
You can use a mahindra max pickup for the reference.

Same front
Old 10th November 2013, 08:13   #244
BHPian

MM550 XD NGCS - The War Horse-img_45781589012646.jpeg

My dream jeep is getting ready with SZ2600 chain drive.
sreejeshmp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 00:31   #245
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
So finally it's happening! Good choice of engine too. Are you sticking to KMT or NGT530?
IIRC, the SZ redlines at ~3500 rpm so you may need a change of crown pinion too.
Looking forward to your post transplant experience.
Cheers,
Adi
Old 11th November 2013, 16:39   #246
BHPian

Hi Adi,

For now using my current GB NGT520. Crown & Pinion ratios need to be tested with the current 5.37 setup.

Finalised engines where Nissan BD30 & SZ2600, after the last minute discussion with my friend Biju & Sandeep bought this SZ2600 without turbo.

Special thanks to SVS for arranging the engine. BTW there is one BD30 is for sale.
Old 11th November 2013, 19:27   #247
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Adi, For now using my current GB NGT520. Crown & Pinion ratios need to be tested with the current 5.37 setup. Finalised engines where Nissan BD30 & SZ2600, after the last minute discussion with my friend Biju & Sandeep bought this SZ2600 without turbo. Special thanks to SVS for arranging the engine. BTW there is one BD30 is for sale.
Google returned some info about the turbo variant of the SZ2600 which say 109bhp@3800. Assuming redline will be slightly higher than that. What are the specs of the non turbo version?

How much did the engine cost you, if I may ask?

Cheers,
Adi
Old 11th November 2013, 21:06   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post

Google returned some info about the turbo variant of the SZ2600 which say 109bhp@3800. Assuming redline will be slightly higher than that. What are the specs of the non turbo version?

How much did the engine cost you, if I may ask?

Cheers,
Adi
Its not a non turbo version , I just removed the turbo. Rebuild and price details yet to come.
Old 12th November 2013, 00:13   #249
Senior - BHPian

Koya , long time since we talked . What work are you taking on this one ? Use proper spares, please, once built properly, this engine is for life.

Viele Grüße
Spike
Old 12th November 2013, 08:44   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Koya , long time since we talked . What work are you taking on this one ? Use proper spares, please, once built properly, this engine is for life.

Viele Grüße
Spike
Pratheesh,
Doing same thing as you suggested one year back. Only change was the gear drive engine as i am in a strict budget , but my luck the dealer gave me the half engine of a chaindrive SZ2600 without any additional money so its now going to be a mix , head,FP are from GD and block & other parts are from CD.

Changed all the bearings,polished the crank shaft (standard size only) changed the sleeves (TVS), rings (Perfect Circle. suggested by Rajith for more "dum") ,timing chain , gears etc. Will give the complete list once i reached Calicut. As I shifted to Bangalore its hard time to manage the work. Jeep is at Gudallur & Engine is at Calicut.

- Sreejesh
Old 12th November 2013, 11:35   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post

Viele Grüße
Spike
Quote:
Pratheesh,
Doing same thing as you suggested one year back. Only change was the gear drive engine as i am in a strict budget , but my luck the dealer gave me the half engine of a chaindrive SZ2600 without any additional money so its now going to be a mix , head,FP are from GD and block & other parts are from CD.

- Sreejesh
Slightly OT Question to Prateesh and Sreejesh,

Nissan BD30 - does this come as standard in any of the Indian vehicles in production currently or in the recent past ?

May be this is the reason (BD30 being not in use as OEM) why Sree has finalised on SZ2600 ?

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
Old 12th November 2013, 12:37   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post

Slightly OT Question to Prateesh and Sreejesh,

Nissan BD30 - does this come as standard in any of the Indian vehicles in production currently or in the recent past ?

May be this is the reason (BD30 being not in use as OEM) why Sree has finalised on SZ2600 ?

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
BD30 came in allwyn Nissan cabstar , i think just few where in the market it came after SD25 and just before mahindra Di. It should be a small engine cos its fits in the same sd25 cabin.

Availability of parts and cost was the main reason I choose SZ2600 over BD30. I still believe if I had enough money to play around, then it may be BD30 only.
Old 12th November 2013, 16:53   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1163619

Hi Sreejesh,
Congratulations ! finally much awaited engine change is taking place. Are you talking about SZ2600 chain drive engine which used to come in Scorpio?
I am confused. as there were three engines which came in Scorpio
1) Gear drive non ECM engine
2) Chain drive ECM engine
3) M-Hawk ECM engine

May be little OT, do you have any idea about power output of first generation gear drive engine? as per few websites in Google its output is 109 BHP @ 3800 RPM with 255 Nm @ 1800 RPM (26 Kgm). Is it correct information? Do you suggest this engine for a Jeep?

Shubhendra
Old 12th November 2013, 19:09   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post

Hi Sreejesh,
Congratulations ! finally much awaited engine change is taking place. Are you talking about SZ2600 chain drive engine which used to come in Scorpio?
I am confused. as there were three engines which came in Scorpio
1) Gear drive non ECM engine
2) Chain drive ECM engine
3) M-Hawk ECM engine

May be little OT, do you have any idea about power output of first generation gear drive engine? as per few websites in Google its output is 109 BHP @ 3800 RPM with 255 Nm @ 1800 RPM (26 Kgm). Is it correct information? Do you suggest this engine for a Jeep?

Shubhendra
Shubhendra ji,

I copy pasting Pratheesh's post from Scorpio tread , these are the engines came on Scorpios before M-Hawk

Scorpio NEF 2.6 BS1 – Gear Drive – Non CRDe – no ECU as operated by mechanical fuel pump – without EGR
Scorpio NEF 2.6 BS2 – Gear Drive – Non CRDe – no ECU as operated by mechanical fuel pump – with EGR
Scorpio NEF 2.6 BS1 – Chain Drive – Non CRDe – no ECU as operated by mechanical fuel pump – without EGR
Scorpio NEF 2.6 BS2 – Chain Drive – Non CRDe – no ECU as operated by mechanical fuel pump – with EGR
Scorpio NEF 2.6 BS3 – Chain Drive – CRDe – with ECU – with EGR without EGR cooler.
Scorpio NEF 2.5 L Euro-II - Chain drive- Non CRDe- no ECU as operated by mechaical fuel pump- with EGR
Scorpio NEF 2.5 L Euro-IV - Chain drive- CRDe- with ECU- with EGR and EGR cooler

As my engine also going to be a custom made SZ2600 it should come under this spec

Scorpio NEF 2.6 BS1 – Chain Drive – Non CRDe – no ECU as operated by mechanical fuel pump – without EGR
It should be true about the out put figures as ovetdrive 2002 also says the same on their scorpio test drive report.

In engines & jeep you are more experienced than me, In my case I was always looking for a under 3L NA Engine with 80+ bhp & 20+kg torque for my NGCS. The finalists where BD30&SZ2600.

In C-section I don't know how reliable will be them in competition tracks. Jumps,sudden jump release of clutch etc can damage the chassis so a MDI3200 is the best on a 540/550/CJ500/ jeeps just my thought. On a SWB XD3P , SD25 will be a good choice.

I believe with these engines on jeep one can flore the pedal in offroad competitions without worry, in a budget.

- Sreejesh
Old 12th November 2013, 22:12   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shubhendra ji,

In C-section I don't know how reliable will be them in competition tracks. Jumps,sudden jump release of clutch etc can damage the chassis so a MDI3200 is the best on a 540/550/CJ500/ jeeps just my thought. On a SWB XD3P , SD25 will be a good choice.
- Sreejesh
Sreejesh Ji,
Which engine would you recommend for Bolero XD3P 4x4? generation 1 gear drive or generation 2 chain drive or to retain XD3P and put turbo charger from DiTurbo?
An yes, i would abuse it ocassionally for offroading but primarily would be using for highways and exploration.

Shubhendra Singh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks