Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2013, 20:29   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Manveet and Dry Ice - I would have gladly given them to you. They were lying in my last drawer in my office in Nasik. Any decent shop will sell you a pair, this is a very common part of the original MM540. I could not use them in the Thar CRDe and was forced to use the "protruding" bumpers courtesy CMVR. You can throw them out along with the number plate and make your own, everything there is an absolute eyesore but nobody had "official" eyes to see it! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
I think this is what BD sir have in mind and he has repeated this so many times here on the Tbhp, regarding how to have your Thar's rear! plain and non intrusive in departure angle!

here is a photo of his favorite 521 and its rear. (sir ji where is this 521 these days? sold off or kept in MM as testiment)
Attached Thumbnails
Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-15122010010.jpg  

Old 17th March 2013, 23:43   #137
BHPian

re: Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold

What is new in these brakes? Is this being done to all Thars? This is the first time I'm hearing of this.
Old 18th March 2013, 10:17   #138

Re: Brake Upgrade : Part Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Hi,

Just came across these pics in my mobile phone. These are of the part no. and MRP etc. of the Brake upgrade that Koncept Mahindra does Free of Cost in the first year.

Just in case someone in some other city needs help - also attached is photo of my receipt that this is to be done under warranty.

Hope that helps.
Is this offer applicable to vehicle purchased from cities outside delhi and being used in NCR??? the vehicle's in its first year of service though
Old 18th March 2013, 10:56   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Quick Updates

1. New Momo Steering wheel with some suede, and nice red out-stitching to go with the upholstery.
2. New Sparco Gear-knob and ABC pedal in brushed steel.
3. Got rid of the fenders.

Refer below for some really poor quality grainy pics. The vehicle is looking slightly distorted, esp. the rear quarter pic, and the brightness of light is misleading. In fact, the headlight is off - that's just the angel eyes on but impression given is that HL is on.

Will try to take out time for some better DSLR pics. Meanwhile, will love to hear your feedback on these.

Smart !!

Where did you get the MOMO wheel installed? I was unable to gather a HUB for the same at Karol Bagh.
1. Please share the price.
2. Please share the vehicle control experience after the MOD. (I assume the turning would get a little hard with this?)
Old 18th March 2013, 18:54   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishy View Post
What is new in these brakes? Is this being done to all Thars? This is the first time I'm hearing of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
Is this the upgrade to the Scorpio brakes? What did you tell the dealership to get it done? I know some folks have bought it and upgraded outside of Mahindra.
As stock OEM fitment, the Thar comes with single diaphragm brake booster from earlier Scorpio. This is replaced by the double diaphragm brake booster that does duty in the current Scorpio.

Technically, it would also be better to replace the vacuum pump and change LSPV settings, but even without that the advantage of changing just the brake booster is significant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_s14 View Post
Is this offer applicable to vehicle purchased from cities outside delhi and being used in NCR??? the vehicle's in its first year of service though
Koncept Mahindra at Okhla does it for sure, not sure if other Dealers will do it for you. It is not necessary that you need to have bought the car from them - but general expectation is that if you like their service you will return to them - and service is where dealers earn their margins, not sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidashish View Post
Smart !!

Where did you get the MOMO wheel installed? I was unable to gather a HUB for the same at Karol Bagh.
1. Please share the price.
2. Please share the vehicle control experience after the MOD. (I assume the turning would get a little hard with this?)
I bought the Momo wheel and hub from Karol Bagh. Hub was for 500 bucks. Steering wheels start at 700 bucks, Momo start at about 4K. Check your PM for contact details - you may give my reference.

Hub is not perfect as indicator return does not work. Yes, steering is heavier after the mod, but not unbearably so. A recommended mod from my side.

The stock steering was pathetic and the new steering has drastically improved the complete look of the interiors. My Momo wheel has nice red leather out-stitch that compliments the red out-stitch of the seats.
Old 19th March 2013, 10:02   #141
BHPian

Quote:
As stock OEM fitment, the Thar comes with single diaphragm brake booster from earlier Scorpio. This is replaced by the double diaphragm brake booster that does duty in the current Scorpio.

Technically, it would also be better to replace the vacuum pump and change LSPV settings, but even without that the advantage of changing just the brake booster is significant.

Koncept Mahindra at Okhla does it for sure, not sure if other Dealers will do it for you. It is not necessary that you need to have bought the car from them - but general expectation is that if you like their service you will return to them - and service is where dealers earn their margins, not sales.

I bought the Momo wheel and hub from Karol Bagh. Hub was for 500 bucks. Steering wheels start at 700 bucks, Momo start at about 4K. Check your PM for contact details - you may give my reference.

Hub is not perfect as indicator return does not work. Yes, steering is heavier after the mod, but not unbearably so. A recommended mod from my side.

The stock steering was pathetic and the new steering has drastically improved the complete look of the interiors. My Momo wheel has nice red leather out-stitch that compliments the red out-stitch of the seats.

Thanks Buddy,

I got a MOMO matched in my M800 around 15 years back, that time power-steering was a feature in premium league only. I guess we were adapted to the trend then, where as power steering is a standard feature these days.

Considering the fact, that my wife also turbo's the Thar daily; would the rigidity be a problem for the lady.....................?
Hmmmm I guess ill give it a try.
I've already infused A LOT on the Thar................. guess thats the Fun Part of owning a JEEP
Old 19th March 2013, 10:11   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Here is a photo of his favorite 521 and its rear. (sir ji where is this 521 these days? sold off or kept in MM as testiment)
Dear Parm - "kept as a testament"? Do you really think that people think like you and me? You got to be kidding! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 23:50   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Parm - "kept as a testament"? Do you really think that people think like you and me? You got to be kidding! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
I thought there might be some people in Corporate Jagat, who still think by heart and not mind!

Anyway i know now (with TMC) you have the chance to improve upon where Thar lacked/lacking (in terms of standard OE fitted equipment).
Old 20th March 2013, 10:30   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
I thought there might be some people in the Corporate Jagat, who still think by heart and not mind!
Dear Parm - Oh my God, this is too funny so I have to put LOL before I even comment. .

Did you really believe that "521 as it ought to be" would actually survive? "Bhaisaab, jiyo - khwabon ke sahaare" .

Forget it, move on!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 20th March 2013, 15:35   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Parm - Oh my God, this is too funny so I have to put LOL before I even comment. .

Did you really believe that "521 as it ought to be" would actually survive? "Bhaisaab, jiyo - khwabon ke sahaare" .

Forget it, move on!
Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Hmmm i got your hint about "move on"!

Now we wait to see how you have been moving on since you shifted base.
Old 21st March 2013, 12:56   #146
Senior - BHPian

Front Bumper

I was planning an Amritsar road-trip over this weekend and it struck me that if I wanted to do this on the Jeep, I would need more light for the highway. So anyhow, since the drive is long, roads are relatively good, and time is short - have decided to take the ML instead of the Jeep.

Anyhow, which brings us to the subject of next upgrade for the Jeep - the front Bumper + Rollbar & Fog Lights.

This is the shape I am planning for the front bumper (minus the bullbar) with same Hella's - just a bit closer to each other and behind the bullbar.

Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-bumper.jpg

For bull-bar - any idea whether welded is better or screwed.

Bullbar Option 1 :
Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-bullbar.jpg

Bullbar Option 2:
Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-bullbar-2.jpg

Guys, need your suggestions please? I am leaning towards the second design.

Last edited by manveet : 21st March 2013 at 12:59.
manveet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2013, 13:13   #147
Senior - BHPian

Amolpol's Thar's Front Bumper looks swell and provides nice space for utility. Hope you did check that out.

Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-thar.jpg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd March 2013 at 07:17. Reason: Correcting picture size
parsh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2013, 16:39   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Amolpol's Thar's Front Bumper looks swell and provides nice space for utility. Hope you did check that out.
Yes, in fact I quite liked his setup and if you see carefully, my bumper with option 1 in bull-bar is almost the same as his. I used the pictures that I have since these designs are available in Delhi NCR. His I believe is SwastikFabs or some other local source which would be too far for me.

However, I would be placing my Hella's below the bull-bar instead of above since I don't foresee a winch in the near future.
Old 22nd March 2013, 09:48   #149
Senior - BHPian

That design is now very common unlike 3-4 years back when a bumper was designed for my jeep by fellow bhpian 'renegade'! You can now get it from multiple sources including from Mahindra as accessory.
Quote:
...However, I would be placing my Hella's below the bull-bar instead of above since I don't foresee a winch in the near future.
Apart from the winch factor, legally the Hellas should not be mounted on the top level of the bumper as it is higher than your stock headlight level.
Old 22nd March 2013, 20:33   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Apart from the winch factor, legally the Hellas should not be mounted on the top level of the bumper as it is higher than your stock headlight level.
agreed. plus they also cause a lot of glare to myself due to reflection when they fall on vehicle in front. i have same issue with stock lights and keep switching them off at traffic signals. which is why I plan to use the HL's as secondary source of light and the fogs as primary.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks