Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2013, 19:27   #196

re: Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold

Ok sir! Eagerly waiting for the decals i am myself working over the design since i have seen you post here.
And in between did you get new rear seats for your jeep?
Looking forward for your seat update.
As I am very confused for the rear seats, i would be using it for daily purpose as well as for the OTRs and will be surely accompanied by my friends for the events.
Next i have opted for the PA Hard Top,one last piece of advice from you on it,as i asked Mr. Poddy about the leakage and he assured me that the problem is resolved!
Old 6th May 2013, 11:24   #197
BHPian

Re: Contact Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Hi, a lot of people have been asking me offline, so am putting up all contact information here. These are people I have got work done from and recommend. My reference may be given - Manveet - Red Thar.

Disclaimer : I am in no way associated with anyone of them on a professional basis. Any transaction or work you get done from any one of them is at your own risk. This list is simply for your convenience - it may save you time and hardwork and heart-ache as well.

Not sure of the status of this post w.r.t. Forum rules but posting it here as I believe this is one post that would add value to the forum and all Thar owners in Delhi NCR.
  • Hard Top / Performance Auto / Noida / Mr. Poddy / 8860924952
  • Rear Composite Fibre Suspension / Arc Industries / Kolhapur / Mr. Deepak Pawar / 9422047019
  • Spacers / Mayapuri / Raghbir Singh / 9811479309
  • Welder & Fabrication for Seat fitting, and misc. / Mayapuri / Siyaram / 9818924900
  • Best rate for Sale/ Purchase of used/new Mahindra accessories & parts / Mayapuri / Sanjeev / 9278144105
  • Seats Purchase / Mayapuri / Dev / 9899981660
  • Steering Hub and Steering Wheel / Bharat Car Accessories / Karol Bagh / Gurdeep Grover / 9811225557
  • Fender Flares & other Fibre fabrication / Moni Design / Libaspur (near GT Road crossing) / Moni / 9810122796

Brilliant Job Manveet
Thanks for the detailed workmanship contact detailing, it'll help many.

Your Jeep looks Handsome

Happy Thar"ing
Old 6th May 2013, 11:50   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidashish View Post
Brilliant Job Manveet
Thanks for the detailed workmanship contact detailing, it'll help many.

Your Jeep looks Handsome

Happy Thar"ing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Hi Manveet,
That someone was me. My post was in context that you guys might be spending time with mechanics but for enhancement bits (Performance, aesthetics, comfort etc) not to re-engineer the product as a whole.

Shubhendra
Quote:
Hi, a lot of people have been asking me offline, so am putting up all contact information here. These are people I have got work done from and recommend. My reference may be given - Manveet - Red Thar.

Disclaimer : I am in no way associated with anyone of them on a professional basis. Any transaction or work you get done from any one of them is at your own risk. This list is simply for your convenience - it may save you time and hardwork and heart-ache as well.

Not sure of the status of this post w.r.t. Forum rules but posting it here as I believe this is one post that would add value to the forum and all Thar owners in Delhi NCR.
  • Hard Top / Performance Auto / Noida / Mr. Poddy / 8860924952
  • Rear Composite Fibre Suspension / Arc Industries / Kolhapur / Mr. Deepak Pawar / 9422047019
  • Spacers / Mayapuri / Raghbir Singh / 9811479309
  • Welder & Fabrication for Seat fitting, and misc. / Mayapuri / Siyaram / 9818924900
  • Best rate for Sale/ Purchase of used/new Mahindra accessories & parts / Mayapuri / Sanjeev / 9278144105
  • Seats Purchase / Mayapuri / Dev / 9899981660
  • Steering Hub and Steering Wheel / Bharat Car Accessories / Karol Bagh / Gurdeep Grover / 9811225557
  • Fender Flares & other Fibre fabrication / Moni Design / Libaspur (near GT Road crossing) / Moni / 9810122796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karamvir30 View Post
Hi Manveet Sir!
Some real time saving information you have shared with us,following your thread since your 1st post in it & very soon will be a proud owner of THAR.
& might be troubling you with few more things regarding the machine.
Thank you.

As far as my interest goes - believe me people around where i work have been awefully criminal - God knows for what reason they just get KICK of trearing the soft top. Some one has done it for the second time

Swear if i could get my hands on him
Attached Thumbnails
Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-cimg0059.jpg  

Last edited by benbsb29 : 14th May 2013 at 20:04. Reason: Removed an extra smiley.
Old 8th May 2013, 10:32   #199
BHPian

My two bits on the Moni Design Fender Flares.

Practical Mod. Especially if you dont want to have your vehicle have a streaked look after crossing small puddles.

Fits well. Feels tough and looks good.

As Manveet mentioned this is one mod one doesnt want to spend too much of money on. Chances that it may break/get damaged on the Road/OTRs. Thing has to be easily repairable, thats what this Fender Flare is.

Added to all this Moniji's hospitality, some good dhabe da food while you have the fitment done. Mind you, its a day's job. and you cant get too impatient otherwise the fitment spoils.

Some pictures of my Thar to give you ideas.

Mod Note: Team-BHP maintains a strong stand against drinking and driving, and any mention of alcohol. Hence, posts containing ANY alcohol content (in text or pictures, directly or indirectly) will NOT be permitted.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.
Attached Thumbnails
Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-fender-flare-5.jpg  

Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-fender-flare-4.jpg  

Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-fender-flare-1.jpg  

Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-fender-flare-6.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th May 2013 at 12:02.
iMASKARAN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 11:52   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMASKARAN View Post
My two bits on the Moni Design Fender Flares.

Practical Mod. Especially if you dont want to have your vehicle have a streaked look after crossing small puddles.

Fits well. Feels tough and looks good.

As Manveet mentioned this is one mod one doesnt want to spend too much of money on. Chances that it may break/get damaged on the Road/OTRs. Thing has to be easily repairable, thats what this Fender Flare is.

Added to all this Moniji's hospitality, some good dhabe da food while you have the fitment done. Mind you, its a day's job. and you cant get too impatient otherwise the fitment spoils.

Some pictures of my Thar to give you ideas.
Damn! I love your alloys. One of the guys at NIOC has the same on his MM540. Those are the ONLY alloys I have EVER seen on any Jeep that I prefer to mine.

About the Fenders, I am jealous - yours end quality is better than mine, especially the front fenders .. I had to actually spend half a day get this designed as per my specifications and Moni was ready to give me a discount if I left my Thar behind to help him make a mold of the same. I just didn't have so much time - got impatient by the end of it. Think I will go back one day to get the fit finished improved. Glad to see that he has improved the fit and finish.

Now your treat is pending. Congratulations once again.

I have a nice front bumper planned and intend to get Bimbra's help in fabrication. Will share that on the forum .. something you can go in for as well. PM me your no., lets catch up sometime.

Cheers!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th May 2013 at 12:03. Reason: Quoted text edited.
Old 9th May 2013, 08:06   #201
Senior - BHPian

Interior Decals.

A couple of interior decals ...
Attached Thumbnails
Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-20130509_072910.jpg  

Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-20130509_073125_resized.jpg  

manveet is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 13:44   #202
Senior - BHPian

how much these Fender flares cost ??/
Old 14th May 2013, 19:45   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok. So this is what I am planning for my next mod. New front Bumpers with Bull-Bar and Hella 3003's. And I distinctly remember telling someone on this thread that I will NOT be changing the front bumper because I like the old school look.

But like we all know, a Jeep is Journey that never ends. So below is the design that I have in mind. It is not uncommon - SwastikFabs/ Bimbra/ PA have done similar designs - but only difference is that mine will extend 2-3 inches beyond those. This is primarily to be in sync with my wider fender flares.

Any comments are most welcome.
Final design. Exact copy. Only difference is that the bullbar side rods will be slightly lower (depicted in red) so as not to come in front of head-lamp. And contemplating a light-duty 3-4 mm skid plate incorporated as a part of the bumper. as shown in this picture. Note the front indicators-cum-parking light.

What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-pa3.jpg  

manveet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 18:56   #204
Senior - BHPian

New Bumper

New Bumper coming up this weekend .. any comments on the embedded indicators?
Attached Thumbnails
Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-img20130530wa0000.jpg  

Old 30th May 2013, 21:06   #205
BHPian

Instead of boring old rectangles, taper the cuts near the outer edges so that they follow the lines of the bumper chin. The indicators will then need to sit behind the holes instead of flush inside them...
Old 3rd June 2013, 01:10   #206
Senior - BHPian

Bumper Upgrade

A little Monday morning tease ..

Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-dsc_0022-small.jpg

Oh what the hell, I myself cannot hold back. Here goes. Designed by yours truly. Executed wonderfully by Taran Bimbra.

Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-dsc_0030-small.jpg

Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-dsc_0003-copy-copy.jpg

Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-dsc_0002-copy.jpg

Last edited by manveet : 3rd June 2013 at 01:25.
manveet is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 19:07   #207
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Bumper

Quote:
New Bumper coming up this weekend .. any comments on the embedded indicators?
Is that a new grille in the works too?
Old 3rd June 2013, 19:50   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Is that a new grille in the works too?
Naah. Those are not for me. I like my grille the way it is. Just need to plug those fender indicator holes now.
Old 3rd June 2013, 19:59   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just need to plug those fender indicator holes now.
You can put in some nice reflectors there or black them out. Congrats on a fine beast btw...
Old 3rd June 2013, 20:05   #210
BHPian

Hello guys.
It is a nice thread and I still can't imagine how a Thar is keeping you happy since you were used to sedans.

The seats do look nice.

I would like to know of a phone number of someone who does Hardtops in Mumbai. Please it is urgent as the rains have already come.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks