Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2015, 17:37   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold

And when they remodelled it after four years look what happened - plastic flender flares extended even more, plastic bumpers, bezeled instrument cluster - were they trying to make a jeep or a cherooke clone ?
Old 24th December 2015, 07:45   #587
Senior - BHPian

I will not complain as I got a good price, but my heart bleeds at this blasphemy ..looks like the thread will not end after all.
Attached Thumbnails
Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-img20151222wa0000.jpg  

Last edited by manveet : 24th December 2015 at 07:47.
manveet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 16:56   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
I will not complain as I got a good price, but my heart bleeds at this blasphemy ..looks like the thread will not end after all.
Hi Manveet,

glad to have you active on this thread again. I met with Mr Poddy this week at PA, Noida regarding the HT.

I know initially you had issues with your HT with regards to leaks, noises etc. But by the end of it were these taken care of ? i end up driving 800-1000 kms a month on the highway and need a silent cabin. look forward to your feedback

Apart from the snorkel what else has the buyer put ? Recently i had a similar situation when the i saw a picture of my Scoprio that i sold with a horrible rear sticker on the rear windshield.

thanks

Kundan
Old 24th December 2015, 19:48   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
Hi Manveet,

glad to have you active on this thread again. I met with Mr Poddy this week at PA, Noida regarding the HT.

I know initially you had issues with your HT with regards to leaks, noises etc. But by the end of it were these taken care of ? i end up driving 800-1000 kms a month on the highway and need a silent cabin. look forward to your feedback

Apart from the snorkel what else has the buyer put ? Recently i had a similar situation when the i saw a picture of my Scoprio that i sold with a horrible rear sticker on the rear windshield.

thanks

Kundan
I was one the first customers of their HT. I have heard that all issues have been resolved in the newer versions, but don't have first hand reference.

A popular choice is bimbra HT v2 or a lot of people are simply going in for mild steel HT instead of fibre.

Regarding the Thar, the how can you miss the pieces of CHROME all over, including those alloys with MT tires, and that black plastic on the door hinges. And Mahindra re-badging.

I heard he is getting more stuff done to "pimp" his ride.
Old 14th August 2017, 15:47   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Hi Manveet,

Stirring up some old memories here, your Thar is back in the market for resale! And the new owner has done quite a few cosmetic mods (including entire interior done like the refreshed 2015 Thar), albeit they look seriously over the top. It has apparently done 23000 only, so basically the new owner used another 7-8k and selling again. Were there any major mechanical / electrical issues or other niggles you faced that the new owner is getting rid of it so soon? I wish there would be a way to discuss that with you, as I was a little interested is getting my hands on a used Thar. Although am not so sure of all the garish mods this guy has done over your beautifully done up version, I wouldn't mind owning this one and probably right few wrongs in it

GD.
Old 14th August 2017, 17:30   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagzie View Post
Hi Manveet,

It has apparently done 23000 only, so basically the new owner used another 7-8k and selling again. Were there any major mechanical / electrical issues or other niggles you faced that the new owner is getting rid of it so soon
IIRC I had sold my Thar at about 13.5k on the odometer, so its done about 9K more. There were no mechanical issues, car was perfect.

If the new owner has added accessories, then electrical reliability cannot be guaranteed. Also, IIRC the gentleman who bought my Jeep was late teens / early twenties owning some petrol pump in UP or thereabouts - in case you saw the car at a dealership and are wondering about owner profile.

Accessories do not add to the value of a pre-owned vehicle, so better to buy a sparingly used stock Thar or with minimum mods like HT or alloys / tires. Else, you might end up spending more in righting the wrongs.

To summarise, avoid it.
Old 14th August 2017, 18:18   #592
BHPian

Thanks for the quick response. Wanted to show you the latest pics of the jeep in its current avatar, but couldn't find any as I think it got sold already! All I can say is that more I compared your images with the new ones, more I hated what the new owner had done with the Thar. Glad I found about it in time. Thanks for your help
GD

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks