Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2013, 18:20   #121
BHPian

Re: Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD

Good to hear you received good advice that is easily implementable. I too use the same system and it has worked for me. Hatchbacks used for trips with parents and the Thar for trips with wife and kid. Sad that one needs to have another vehicle but it cannot be helped. One cannot have everything :-).

On another note I was in Pune for a couple of days 4th-6th but was stuck in work meetings and also not well so didn't venture to do anything other than Hotel->Office->Hotel . Will give you a buzz the next time I get there.
Old 11th December 2013, 21:33   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
Good to hear you received good advice that is easily implementable. I too use the same system and it has worked for me. Hatchbacks used for trips with parents and the Thar for trips with wife and kid. Sad that one needs to have another vehicle but it cannot be helped. One cannot have everything :-).

On another note I was in Pune for a couple of days 4th-6th but was stuck in work meetings and also not well so didn't venture to do anything other than Hotel->Office->Hotel . Will give you a buzz the next time I get there.
Man you was in Pune, I could have dropped to your hotel

Ok next give me call in advance.
Old 12th December 2013, 08:18   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Updates:

I followed the advice of my Jeep friends and parked the Thar for this weekend. Went on 300 km ride with family in Estilo. voilą! Tt worked.

I think I am perfectly tuned for Thar now, so faced some issue in Estlio like leg room, seating position, pick up, small steering wheel however after some km I made myself comfortable.

So now as decided I am going to use Estilo when travelling with family and Thar when alone or with wife.

Thanks to all the veterans for your valuable advice !

Thanks,
Vishal.
Do you think a xenon would have fit your requirements?
Old 12th December 2013, 11:03   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxDiesel View Post
Do you think a xenon would have fit your requirements?
No sir not at all.
My wife and I like xenon from the first day but considering my use xenon doesn't fit in because of long wheel base and rear over hang.
I use Thar 99% in city, long drive and 1% for soft off roading.
Old 12th December 2013, 11:18   #125
RVD
BHPian

Hi Vishal,

Good to note that you have decided to hold on to the Thar for the time being. I think that its a good decision considering the time and effort spent on it.BTW, could you please PM your number. Need to check something

Thanks
RVD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 22:20   #126
BHPian

Wild bull completed 1 year today.

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-1523049_10202707827486320_531857676_o.jpg
Thar4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2013, 10:55   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Updates:

I followed the advice of my Jeep friends and parked the Thar for this weekend. Went on 300 km ride with family in Estilo. voilą! Tt worked.
Let us meet up. You bring your thar and I bring my hatchback. We will exchange and drive out for a bit.
You follow me and when we return you tell me if you still want to sell.
Done?
Old 29th December 2013, 12:21   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Let us meet up. You bring your thar and I bring my hatchback. We will exchange and drive out for a bit. You follow me and when we return you tell me if you still want to sell. Done?
Lol Balaji yes we can meet and you can TD but my decision is final
Now days I drive Estilo for 3 days and Thar for 2 days.

Thanks,
Vishal
Old 13th January 2014, 14:00   #129
BHPian

Third and last free service updates:

Left my Thar at Milestone service station Pune on 1 Jan 2014.

ODO reading: 13450

Service: Third free service.

Issues: No issue expect wiper blades hitting the rubber beading of front windshild.

Job done:

- Engine oil changed (not suggested in manual however I think 5000-8000 km is good period for oil change so went ahead and asked then to change.)
- Coolant topped up
- Rear wheel spacers removed.
- Under body check done
- Engine bay/ battery check done.
- Washing and cleaning done.

Bill:
Total 2195.53 with taxes.

Over all I am happy with the service they offered for last 3 free servicing. Every time I received a feedback call from service station and M&M CC after 2 days and a week respectively. They took the feedback positively and showed the difference in service time, cleaning of vehicle etc areas.

Now feeling bit uncomfortable as Thar is out of warranty but lets hope for the best.

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-img_0024-copy.jpg

Thanks,
Vishal
Old 13th January 2014, 15:33   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Man you was in Pune, I could have dropped to your hotel

Ok next give me call in advance.
Hi Vishal, I am in Pune around the 25th. Most likely 24th to 26th evening.. You'd like to to meetup for Jeep stories? I'll be staying in Vimaan Nagar.
manveet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 15:59   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Hi Vishal, I am in Pune around the 25th. Most likely 24th to 26th evening.. You'd like to to meetup for Jeep stories? I'll be staying in Vimaan Nagar.
Wow! That's gr8 Manveet ji.
Surely we will meet up, I work at Wakdewadi which is bit near to Vimaan Nagar. I will PM you my number.
Old 13th January 2014, 19:51   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow! That's gr8 Manveet ji.
Surely we will meet up, I work at Wakdewadi which is bit near to Vimaan Nagar. I will PM you my number.
That's great. From what I remember Wakdewadi was at the beginning of the old Mumbai Pune highway - there used to be a Bombay Dyeing Office on the main road and a Bajaj showroom a bit ahead.

Not sure how close that would be to Viman Nagar because when I was in Pune last, sometime in 2003, Viman Nagar was barely developed. I have heard a lot has changed since then.

I have few client meetings across town so am pretty open to meeting at a central place as well. I'd like to catchup with DB as well if he is available. Let's connect offline.

Cheers!
Old 26th January 2014, 02:18   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Third and last free service updates:

Left my Thar at Milestone service station Pune on 1 Jan 2014.

ODO reading: 13450

Service: Third free service.

Issues: No issue expect wiper blades hitting the rubber beading of front windshild.

Job done:

- Engine oil changed (not suggested in manual however I think 5000-8000 km is good period for oil change so went ahead and asked then to change.)
- Coolant topped up
- Rear wheel spacers removed.
- Under body check done
- Engine bay/ battery check done.
- Washing and cleaning done.

Bill:
Total 2195.53 with taxes.

Over all I am happy with the service they offered for last 3 free servicing. Every time I received a feedback call from service station and M&M CC after 2 days and a week respectively. They took the feedback positively and showed the difference in service time, cleaning of vehicle etc areas.

Now feeling bit uncomfortable as Thar is out of warranty but lets hope for the best.

Attachment 1189998

Thanks,
Vishal
Hi Vishal,

just read through your entire thread, a fun Saturday night staying in at home

wanted to understand why you had removed the rear spacers? the alignment of the front & back wheels were because of these spacers right? correct me if im wrong... thanks

also your ad is in the classified for selling the Thar, so are you still looking to dispose it or is that an old post which hasn't been removed?

request if you could clear the confusion ( that I have)

cheers

Kundan
Old 26th January 2014, 19:17   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
Hi Vishal,

just read through your entire thread, a fun Saturday night staying in at home

wanted to understand why you had removed the rear spacers? the alignment of the front & back wheels were because of these spacers right? correct me if im wrong... thanks

also your ad is in the classified for selling the Thar, so are you still looking to dispose it or is that an old post which hasn't been removed?

request if you could clear the confusion ( that I have)

cheers

Kundan
Hey, Thanks for going through my ownership review I am happy that you found it worth of reading.

Yes I bought the rear wheel spacers for aligning the track however I was not comfortable while going on long drive with family because of the fear of breaking rear axle or bearing or something mechanical parts because of after market modification. I have 8 J and 0 offset alloy wheels which are already coming out enough for look so thought of getting rid of spacers.

Dispose will be very harsh word for such legend. Yes my Jeep is up for sale, I enjoyed it for a year or so with all sorts of upgrades and long drives, got confused many times and thoght of parting with it however some emotional factor kept me backing off from that decision however now its time and I am prepared.

Hoping to hand it over to a Jeep lover rather than just another owner.

Thanks,
Vishal
Old 27th January 2014, 03:50   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, Thanks for going through my ownership review I am happy that you found it worth of reading.

Yes I bought the rear wheel spacers for aligning the track however I was not comfortable while going on long drive with family because of the fear of breaking rear axle or bearing or something mechanical parts because of after market modification. I have 8 J and 0 offset alloy wheels which are already coming out enough for look so thought of getting rid of spacers.

Dispose will be very harsh word for such legend. Yes my Jeep is up for sale, I enjoyed it for a year or so with all sorts of upgrades and long drives, got confused many times and thoght of parting with it however some emotional factor kept me backing off from that decision however now its time and I am prepared.

Hoping to hand it over to a Jeep lover rather than just another owner.

Thanks,
Vishal
my apologies to have used the word "dispose"... as someone who was has only driven SUV's i know your dilemma. i had a tempo trax judo for 6 years, followed by my current drive the Scorpio. 11 years of these beasts has left me in a position where i cant drive a sedan anymore.

have your brakes been upgraded to the same standard which are coming on the current thar ? if not whats the difference ?

Most Viewed