Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2014, 07:45   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
my apologies to have used the word "dispose"... as someone who was has only driven SUV's i know your dilemma. i had a tempo trax judo for 6 years, followed by my current drive the Scorpio. 11 years of these beasts has left me in a position where i cant drive a sedan anymore.

have your brakes been upgraded to the same standard which are coming on the current thar ? if not whats the difference ?

Yes, i have upgraded the brake booster with 2013 Thar booster under warranty without any charges.

Earlier break was sinking and braking distance was long. Now feel confident while driving on high speed as well as in BtoB traffic.

Last edited by moralfibre : 27th January 2014 at 12:11.
Old 28th January 2014, 00:19   #137
BHPian

Re: Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Yes, i have upgraded the brake booster with 2013 Thar booster under warranty without any charges.

Earlier break was sinking and braking distance was long. Now feel confident while driving on high speed as well as in BtoB traffic.
thanks for the update, I will call you during the day tomorrow.
Ksingh544 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2014, 19:54   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, Thanks for going through my ownership review I am happy that you found it worth of reading.

Yes I bought the rear wheel spacers for aligning the track however I was not comfortable while going on long drive with family because of the fear of breaking rear axle or bearing or something mechanical parts because of after market modification. I have 8 J and 0 offset alloy wheels which are already coming out enough for look so thought of getting rid of spacer.

Thanks,
Vishal
Have already asked you in my post,but I guess its more appropriate to put down here. Do you still have the spacers and if yes are they for sale. Can work out the price on pm. Also pics would help please. I want to refit the stock rims back and sell off my alloys but need the spacers with the stock rims at the rear to match track width.
Old 13th February 2014, 16:42   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidashish View Post
Firstly,

Congratulations on the THAR. Believe me its a never ending MOD Job on the THAR ;-)
Secondly, Tag me in for your LEH trip !!
God Bless !!
@davidashish, Quoting your a year old post as the incomplete dream of Leh will be achieved this year. Dates are not yet decided however it will happen around May. Will keep you updated.

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-1525634_10152082701501077_1125661969_n-copy.jpg
Old 13th February 2014, 18:01   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwagon View Post
Have already asked you in my post,but I guess its more appropriate to put down here. Do you still have the spacers and if yes are they for sale. Can work out the price on pm. Also pics would help please. I want to refit the stock rims back and sell off my alloys but need the spacers with the stock rims at the rear to match track width.
Hi Sam,

Here is the picture of spacers with stock steel rim. Yes it shows difference in look but not huge compared to the technical disadvantages it comes with.
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-1506714_10202622638996661_1173569112_n.jpg
Thar4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 23:36   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sam,

Here is the picture of spacers with stock steel rim. Yes it shows difference in look but not huge compared to the technical disadvantages it comes with.
Thanks, even I have not quite made up my mind about the spacers and in any case I am certainly not going to pay 8500 bucks for them. Ain't that important.

Quote:
@davidashish, Quoting your a year old post as the incomplete dream of Leh will be achieved this year. Dates are not yet decided however it will happen around May. Will keep you updated.

Attachment 1207781
I like the 'Approved' Stamp on your plan.Is that your wife's

Last edited by benbsb29 : 29th March 2014 at 20:19. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts + Corrected broken quote tag.
samwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 23:46   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwagon View Post
I like the 'Approved' Stamp on your plan.Is that your wife's

Lol yes that approved stamp is from wife.
Old 3rd March 2014, 11:46   #143
BHPian

Updates:
Got a chance to click "Wild Bull" after long time on our off road trip with family this weekend. Route was Pune - Bhore - Raireshware - Wai - Mapro garden - Wai - Pune. I went on this route particularly for a broken road patch of around 20 kms, in result enjoyed the trip however Thar was full of red dust and had to spend whole Sunday to clean it inside outside.

Enjoy the pictures.

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-img_3374-copy.jpg

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-img_3423-copy.jpg

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-mahindra-thar-crde_3392-copy.jpg

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-mahindra-thar-crde_3403-copy.jpg

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-mahindra-thar-crde_3404-copy.jpg

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-mahindra-thar-crde_3408-copy.jpg

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-mahindra-thar-crde_3415-copy.jpg

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-mahindra-thar-crde_3416-copy.jpg

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-mahindra-thar-crde_3426.jpg

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-mahindra-thar-crde_3427-copy.jpg
Thar4x4 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 15:00   #144
BHPian

Finally I parted with Jeep, Jeep is happily taken over by a enthusiastic Jeepster.

Last year and 3 months was quite stressful and went with mixed felling some excited moments and some frustrated moments.

I tried to live with Jeep Things however as said I am not right match and finally parted.

Bye Bye Wild Bull Thar CRDe Live Young, Live Free.

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-12.jpg

MODS: With heavy heart I request here to close this thread.

Thanks,
Vishal
Thar4x4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 16:05   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Finally I parted with Jeep, Jeep is happily taken over by a enthusiastic Jeepster.

Last year and 3 months was quite stressful and went with mixed felling some excited moments and some frustrated moments.

I tried to live with Jeep Things however as said I am not right match and finally parted.

Bye Bye Wild Bull Thar CRDe Live Young, Live Free.

Attachment 1224344

MODS: With heavy heart I request here to close this thread.

Thanks,
Vishal
Hi Vishal,

What an amazing experience. It was interesting reading your thread start to finish. And I can feel your pain. Atleast you have done it ! Most people just keep thinking. All the best !
ijeff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 08:03   #146
Team-BHP Support

Thread closed as per request.
Here's wishing the new owner a trouble-free experience.
Old 3rd June 2017, 18:16   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Vishal - congratulations, and first of all, let me apologize for not being able to see your vehicle when we met (I obviously cannot disclose the "location"), due to urgent assignments and engagements at that time. I would definitely love to see your vehicle and drive it.

Irrespective of what anybody says (which will include your heart from time to time), please do not deviate from OE specifications. As you intend to use the vehicle for a particular purpose, if used properly, nothing will happen to it for at least 1,50,000 kms if good fuel, lubricant, coolant and air are supplied to it.

I finally want to see my dream realized, which is: [u]Nothing happens to the car - EVER - the customer only adds fuel and drives.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear BD Sir,

I know that whereever you are you will read this thread with smile and say, "I know that it is going to happen one day...".

Yes, it happened yesterday again.

The key chain is from my earlier Thar which I kept for more than 4 year knowing that I am going to buy a Jeep one day whenever situation permits.

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-mahindra-thar-key.jpg

Naming it as "Knight Fury"

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-mahindra-thar-1.jpg
Thar4x4 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 20:14   #148
BHPian

Wow mate! Repeat customer for the thar crde! Congrats.
crdi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 00:08   #149
BHPian

Congratulations on your second Thar! Wish you many happy and safe miles!

How do you like the changes on the updated Thar, compared to your earlier one?
Porcupine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 00:40   #150
BHPian

Congratulations on your Thar
If I am not wrong, those are continental cross tires. How would you rate the tire in terms of comfort and noise, as my friend is also planning to install the same on his fortuner.

Thanks in advance.
AnkitAnimesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks