Hyderabad Tall 27 14.59%
Performance 36 19.46%
Italian HT 21 11.35%
Roplas HT 8 4.32%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2013, 12:11   #61
BHPian

I have not faced this issue so far, with HHT. It's been in use for over a year. I have slight water leakage at one fastener point between the top and rear panel. Please ensure you use enough and more silicone gel while installing.
Old 21st October 2013, 15:58   #62
BHPian

Re: The most practical & best looking Hardtop - Mahindra Thar

Well, my vote is for the Hyderabad Short for the simple reason that it resembles the stock soft top look the most. Personally, i rather keep my soft top because of the follwoing reasons:-
(a) I stay in a pretty secure area so vehicle and belongings safety is not too much of a concern
(b) Traditionally,I associate jeeps with only soft tops,since i grew up in MP. generally also, at least in India jeeps have always been soft tops.
(c) The option of removing the top for that wind in the hair experience is always there.
Old 21st October 2013, 16:21   #63
Senior - BHPian

Thar Canopy is not easy to remove and install. The problem begins here. Plus the Chik Chik Chik. It is even more difficult because of the felt board in the front section.

This the reason Hard top becomes essential and I guess it will improve the AC performance in the very hot Delhi summer months.
Old 31st October 2013, 10:26   #64
BHPian

hi everyone, I wanted to check if anyone had installed the hardtop being done by Azad 4x4 in Delhi. (http://www.azad4x4.com/)
In case anyone has an idea of their products, please do provide your thoughts and feedback on the same.

I will probably be visiting them soon to check out their demo vehicle, will post pictures

cheers

Kundan
Old 31st October 2013, 23:32   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
hi everyone, I wanted to check if anyone had installed the hardtop being done by Azad 4x4 in Delhi. (http://www.azad4x4.com/) In case anyone has an idea of their products, please do provide your thoughts and feedback on the same. I will probably be visiting them soon to check out their demo vehicle, will post pictures cheers Kundan
This HT design looks similar to Bimbra 4x4 who have fitted lots of Thar HT in North. Also he supplies to other companies as well who again sell with their branding.

So better to check with Bimbra first.
Thar4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2013, 01:58   #66
BHPian

Hi, I'm new to team bhp. Just bought a new White Thar Crde. I looked at many hard top options and finally decided to go for the Mahindra Customisation original Hard top. I have realised that most other hard tops have a leakage problem. The other big advantage of the Mahindra Customisation's HT is that it has one single back door which makes life very easy.
Old 2nd November 2013, 08:12   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avigo71 View Post
Hi, I'm new to team bhp. Just bought a new White Thar Crde. I looked at many hard top options and finally decided to go for the Mahindra Customisation original Hard top. I have realised that most other hard tops have a leakage problem. The other big advantage of the Mahindra Customisation's HT is that it has one single back door which makes life very easy.
Hi,
I am trying to get quote from them for long now however there is no response from them. Can you please share the details with price if you don't mind.
Old 2nd November 2013, 08:48   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post

Hi,
I am trying to get quote from them for long now however there is no response from them. Can you please share the details with price if you don't mind.
An old quote I have is close to INR 2 Lakhs!
Old 2nd November 2013, 09:11   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
An old quote I have is close to INR 2 Lakhs!
OMG INR 2 L. If my budget is INT 2L I will better go with Italian for sure.

Last edited by Thar4x4 : 2nd November 2013 at 09:14.
Old 2nd November 2013, 09:13   #70
BHPian

They were shut for renovation for a long time and have just reopened. The person to contact is Mr. Rohit Shivpuri 9867643885 & mail is SHIVPURI.ROHIT@mahindra.com

The estimate given to me is about 1 lac.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 2nd November 2013 at 10:15. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
Old 2nd November 2013, 10:37   #71
BHPian

Quote:
They were shut for renovation for a long time and have just reopened. The person to contact is Mr. Rohit Shivpuri 9867643885 & mail is SHIVPURI.ROHIT@mahindra.com The estimate given to me is about 1 lac.
True, I got same response about close of business because of renovation.

Do you have brake up for 1 L, like how much for actual HT and how much for lights, upholstery if that is included in package. The blue Thar I saw at Lovava GE have lots of things on that HT and I am interested only in HT.
Old 2nd November 2013, 11:21   #72
BHPian

That is correct. There are too many fibre parts all around. I am only taking the HT. That's it. Not even the rear lights. I will be keeping the original Thar rear cluster as it is. So the quote given is only for the HT.
Old 2nd November 2013, 13:46   #73
BHPian

Quote:
That is correct. There are too many fibre parts all around. I am only taking the HT. That's it. Not even the rear lights. I will be keeping the original Thar rear cluster as it is. So the quote given is only for the HT.
Ok thanks a lot for details. Looks like I have to keep this HT out of my list. :(

Have you compared other available options with this HT? If yes what things made your mind to go for this.

Sorry bro I am asking lots of questions but believe me I am waiting for nice looking, reliable and budget HT for more than a year.
Old 2nd November 2013, 15:22   #74
BHPian

There were tleakage complaints for all other options. I saw the blue Thar at the Mahindra academy in the thickest of rains and there was absolutely no leakage. Also the single door at the back is very useful. All other options have complicated 2 door situations which are very difficult to operate from the inside. And finally it's Mahindra who are doing it so expect their dynamics & detailing to be more accurate than a third party.
Avigo71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2013, 11:23   #75
BHPian

Quote:
There were tleakage complaints for all other options. I saw the blue Thar at the Mahindra academy in the thickest of rains and there was absolutely no leakage. Also the single door at the back is very useful. All other options have complicated 2 door situations which are very difficult to operate from the inside. And finally it's Mahindra who are doing it so expect their dynamics & detailing to be more accurate than a third party.
Any pictures of this available ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks