Hyderabad Tall 27 14.59%
Performance 36 19.46%
Italian HT 21 11.35%
Roplas HT 8 4.32%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2013, 05:46   #121
BHPian

TuxDiesel, did you get it fitted in Hyderabad or in Bangalore? If Bangalore, where pl?
Old 13th December 2013, 07:39   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha'Red View Post
TuxDiesel, did you get it fitted in Hyderabad or in Bangalore? If Bangalore, where pl?
I drove down to Hyderabad on a weekend for this.
TuxDiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 08:44   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drlmtukkar View Post
thanks avigo. I believe they are from ARC industries. how did the pair cost you n where did u get them fitted ? how much did the fitting cost you. I got a quote of 2500/- to fit them from my local garage.!!!!
Drimtukkar, yes they are from Arc Industries. The pair costs about 40k ( with the thick rubber coating ). I believe it's 35k without the rubber. The fitting should cost you approx 2.5k as you said, but if you are lucky the dealer might just do it for free!
Old 20th December 2013, 23:30   #124
Senior - BHPian

Re: The most practical & best looking Hardtop - Mahindra Thar

Went to Bimbra today. I have reservations about his hard top. Poor fitment, gaps all around, poor finish.

Rubber beading coming out one day after installation, ugly looking handle to open from inside.

Crooked fitted hinges.

Not impressed.

He offered to make a roof panel opening hard top for me in about 15 days.
Old 21st December 2013, 10:02   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
Went to Bimbra today. I have reservations about his hard top. Poor fitment, gaps all around, poor finish.

Rubber beading coming out one day after installation, ugly looking handle to open from inside.

Crooked fitted hinges.

Not impressed.

He offered to make a roof panel opening hard top for me in about 15 days.
I recommend you go with the hard top from Mahindra customization, it appears to be the neatest (at that price point) of the lot!
Old 21st December 2013, 10:12   #126
BHPian

I definitely think that you should go for the Mahindra Customisation Hard Top that I have. It's absolutely fantastic.
I guess the logistic problem of getting it done in mumbai will have to be sorted. But trust me it's worth the effort.
Old 23rd December 2013, 11:15   #127
Senior - BHPian

I need an opening panel as a basic requirement. Even a panel on the back only will do. it is only Prabhu from Hyderabad who makes it currently and Bimbra claims that one leaks. I am not sure what he will finish with. Even his hard tops are crudely made with poor finish, ill fittings, gaps.
Old 23rd December 2013, 15:37   #128

Quote:
I need an opening panel as a basic requirement. Even a panel on the back only will do. it is only Prabhu from Hyderabad who makes it currently and Bimbra claims that one leaks. I am not sure what he will finish with. Even his hard tops are crudely made with poor finish, ill fittings, gaps.
Sir, would like to clear few things, i really like the hardtop by Mr Prabhu but based on customer feedback on few thars there was some leakage problem which I'm very sure must have been solved in the new ones. Also having installed the hardtop on more that 200+ thar's, i can with all confidence say that no customer has complained about the final finish about the hardtop and i think what you saw was not the final product which was yet to be inspected or one of our earlier versions of the hardtop. We greatly value feedback of all customers and Team-Bhp members because they are driven by passion for their vehicle. Therefore i would like to show you the final fit and finish before you jump to conclusions. Having said that, i believe which product an individual ultimately prefers in terms of design/functions depends on their own preferences.
Taran Bimbra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 20:07   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran Bimbra View Post
Sir, would like to clear few things, i really like the hardtop by Mr Prabhu but based on customer feedback on few thars there was some leakage problem which I'm very sure must have been solved in the new ones. Also having installed the hardtop on more that 200+ thar's, i can with all confidence say that no customer has complained about the final finish about the hardtop and i think what you saw was not the final product which was yet to be inspected or one of our earlier versions of the hardtop. We greatly value feedback of all customers and Team-Bhp members because they are driven by passion for their vehicle. Therefore i would like to show you the final fit and finish before you jump to conclusions. Having said that, i believe which product an individual ultimately prefers in terms of design/functions depends on their own preferences.
Taran,

Let me first clarify on the forum that personally I greatly value your personal customer orientation and openness to feedback. However, I cannot say the same about the team that reports into you. Bimbra4x4 has a decent product in it's HT and other products as well. Yours is perhaps the most reliable and dependable workshop in terms of delivery times, commitment, etc. However, the feedback from a huge no. of people I have discussed this, and I agree to as well, is that "unless Taran is personally involved in your Thar, the outcome, esp. with respect to Quality, is far from satisfactory."

First Example

I was at your workshop when a friend of a customer was taking delivery of a Thar (which had got a HT installed) on behalf of the customer who was from out of Delhi. The guy pointed out many minor issues in the fitment and other areas. He was clearly not happy, was taking pictures and whatsapp'ing them to his friend who owned the Thar. This was really small stuff such as some part left unclean, one or two holes that were visible, etc. It was an old Thar wherein the guy had probably drilled a few holes that became visible after removing the soft-top and installing the HT. The worker and junior manager chaps told him that "these are normal things, have a look at the other Thar's inside - that's just how we do it for everyone". I was standing there so I casually mentioned to the workers that "what you are saying is untrue the other Thar's are fine and don't have these problems so why don't you spend 30 mins and fix these small niggles so that the customer goes away happy".

Ideally, this is something your main manager (Mr. Gajinder) should have told the workers. In fact, I would have expected him to be right there when the delivery was being made.

This is in fact NOT what he did. A few minutes later when I was in the office he tells me "my workers tell me that you interfered when the guy was taking delivery and pointed out mistakes that the customer did not see". And I was shocked. I found myself giving explanations to someone I did not need to. I distinctly remember telling your Manager that "the only reason I interfered, if you call it interference, is because I like Taran as a guy and I would not like someone to put up these pictures on FB or TBhp, etc. Maybe Mr. Gajinder understood my point, maybe he did not. But the damage was done.

Second Example

The wiring for Hella work-light installed on the front of my Thar windshield burnt badly and fried up (just the wiring) due to some short circuit. You were very responsive to my call and insured personal attention the next time I visited to get the re-wiring done. Unfortunately, the next time I visited you were not at work because of typhoid, etc. which is fine. I got the rewiring done and added another Hella worklamp to the existing one in front. I paid for the light and 300 bucks as cost of some extra wiring for the second Hella. You were very nice and in fact called me back to check if the wiring was done to my satisfaction. I am of course no expert so confirmed that it was apparently OK. A few days later, my battery drains completely in 2 hrs. And then the new recharged battery in another 2 hrs. I had to give it to my local trusted mechanic and he isolated the problem to the work-lamp wiring. As of right now I have my Hella work-lamps disconnected and it is smooth sailing. Need time to get the re-wiring done a second time, this time not from Bimbra.

Similarly, with the bumper I got done from you, I am superbly happy with the product and you were personally involved in helping me design it, but I had to get the fitting sorted out from elsewhere as the workers had cut a few corners in proper installation.

Edit:
You will appreciate that I have till date not initiated any discussion about the Bumper and Hella Lights on my thread. But the only reason I am doing so right now is because you have responded to DF on this forum. And as an individual leading an organization, you need to ensure that EVERYONE in the organization is aligned to the same level of quality and effectiveness that you are committed to, especially in this flat world.

Last edited by manveet : 23rd December 2013 at 20:17. Reason: Point added
manveet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 21:17   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Taran,
Manveet, as always i greatly appreciate the feedback but with all honestly i have to agree with you. We are far from perfect, being new to the 4x4 line and me being comparatively young to the business i feel i have my own set of challenges which i need to tackle to make Bimbra4x4 truly what i want it to be, at par and beyond international standards and having a competent staff which shares the same vision is one of them. I have been working too hard and leaving no stone unturned in doing so and the feedback of Team-Bhp members and our customers is just the thing which is going to help. That being said i try to make sure that I'm involved in every thar as much as possible and personally do the quality check of each. I truly believe(I might be wrong) that anyone can make a product, hardtop in this case…but what sets a product apart from another is the customer service attached to it, that is why i make sure that i just have happy customers. I would also like to add that Mr DF, we might not currently have the product you are looking for i.e. something with openable panels but what we do have is a very reliable product, something which is zero nonsense and i personally take guarantee in regard to quality. And for the benefit of other Team-Bhp members, if you are ever in a situation like Manveet, i am just a phone call away always ready to listen and always trying to improve upon.

Last edited by bblost : 23rd December 2013 at 23:34.
Taran Bimbra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 08:58   #131
BHPian

Somebody needs to revive Roplas!! - or at least buy their dies, and put them into production -
http://www.indiainfoline.com/Markets...dia-Ltd/509854

not sure if y'all have seen Samurai-san's HT ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...-team-bhp.html

how's this for strength? - there's a dude perched on top happily washing it, with a bucket by his side..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...129_111146.jpg
lugnut is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 10:57   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Crooked fitted hinges.

Not impressed.
Quote:
I am not sure what he (Bimbra) will finish with. Even his hard tops are crudely made with poor finish, ill fittings, gaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran Bimbra View Post
what we do have is a very reliable product, something which is zero nonsense and i personally take guarantee in regard to quality.
Dear DesertFox,

With North India flooded with the Bimbra hard top, your observations are a little hard to swallow. Maybe you should be careful of your tendency to go over-board against popular sentiment especially since there is a high likelihood of you eventually buying the Bimbra Hard Top. Afterall, past performance is indicative of future behaviour. And I know Taran well, he doesn't give discounts easy on the HT. TBhp threads irrespective.

On a serious note, I have not heard anyone complain of a Bimbra HT leaking or having gaps, etc. The only complain people have is against the looks - that it is boxy looking and rudimentary. Looks apart, their HT has rock-solid reliability guaranteed.

IMHO, Performance Auto has the nicest looking HT with its own leakage problems that need to be sorted out by the owner. They may have made some improvements in the last year but I am not aware of these. Of course, I am not counting chopping few inches off the A and B pillars as "problems".

About the Hyderabad HT, I have seen two of those with broken hinges for the roof and disappointed owners, but again that is from at least a year ago and improvements may have happened.

Regards,
Manveet
manveet is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 13:59   #133
Senior - BHPian

Manveet your observations are your observations, I also have eyes isnt it ?

When I saw the Bimbra hard top fitted in the red thar of a delhi police asi and he had brought back this vehicle for readjustments, I went over to have a look out of curiousity because I am very much in the market to buy a hard top - with the pre condition that it has to have an opening panel.

Now i clearly saw gaps on the back. Both side of the tailgate. Inside the tailgate door the rubber beading was off. One of the hinges was not straight, the glass in the windows was an ill fit and the customer was complaining to Gajendra.

Let Taran Bimbra comment all this is wrong. He was in Chandigarh last Friday, off with Gerrari offroaders with a demo vehicle or two.

Talk of customer service.

Centre console - available but you will have to come later it needs to be painted.
Seat covers - available but you will have to come later we will make them but we are too busy till Dec 27.

Can you customize my soft top meanwhile to roll it open from the back. Yes it needs three hrs but after Dec 27 we are too busy and you will have to bring one metre of extra canopy material from Mayapuri we will not buy and stock a full roll.

Will a customer have so much time to keep going there for this work ? I cant spare so much time, my need is rapid service.

Then the price, Hella 550 set of two for Rs. 5500.
I will check the price from the distributor near Rajiv Chowk Gurgaon and post the price here.
Old 24th December 2013, 19:44   #134

Quote:
Manveet your observations are your observations, I also have eyes isnt it ?

When I saw the Bimbra hard top fitted in the red thar of a delhi police asi and he had brought back this vehicle for readjustments, I went over to have a look out of curiousity because I am very much in the market to buy a hard top - with the pre condition that it has to have an opening panel.

Now i clearly saw gaps on the back. Both side of the tailgate. Inside the tailgate door the rubber beading was off. One of the hinges was not straight, the glass in the windows was an ill fit and the customer was complaining to Gajendra.

Let Taran Bimbra comment all this is wrong. He was in Chandigarh last Friday, off with Gerrari offroaders with a demo vehicle or two.

Centre console - available but you will have to come later it needs to be painted.
Seat covers - available but you will have to come later we will make them but we are too busy till Dec 27.

Can you customize my soft top meanwhile to roll it open from the back. Yes it needs three hrs but after Dec 27 we are too busy and you will have to bring one metre of extra canopy material from Mayapuri we will not buy and stock a full roll.

Will a customer have so much time to keep going there for this work ? I cant spare so much time, my need is rapid service.

Then the price, Hella 550 set of two for Rs. 5500.
I will check the price from the distributor near Rajiv Chowk Gurgaon and post the price here.
Sir i regularly go through your threads and i know you have a keen eye for small details. As i said, this product might not be for you, it clearly doesn't match your quality expectations and doesn't have opening panels. But i would appreciate if you judge the product for its utility rather than just its design…after all thats what we've focused on. Like i said it is completely insulated, no wind noise, no water leakages…very low maintenance, something which can last for years to come. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to convince you or defending my product, all I'm saying is that maybe..just maybe you've been quick to judge the product just by looking at it. Let me also tell you the Red Thar you saw, the customer went quite happy…i made sure of that. And regarding the time period and date given to you due to overbooking, that is something beyond an organizations hand..Don't you agree? Plus the prices for hella quoted to you included fitment(if any) and complete wiring.
Taran Bimbra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 23:30   #135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Seat covers - available but you will have to come later we will make them but we are too busy till Dec 27
Sorry but how does this has anything to do with customer service ??

rather you should appreciate there truthful & transparent approach unlike many places specially in Delhi where people tend to take orders ( money ) and then come out with excuses for delays

Last edited by Turbanator : 24th December 2013 at 23:31.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed