Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2013, 15:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Ford F250 4x4 Diesel Truck

Cool stuff, wondering where are you going to use it really! US being a pretty well mannered traffic, a horn - let alone a train horn is considered rude, isnt it? But something I would actually show off on the roof of the truck pointed to the car in front of me
Old 27th June 2013, 17:16   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
But something I would actually show off on the roof of the truck pointed to the car in front of me
So that you can either skin it or strip it off
Old 27th June 2013, 22:00   #33
BHPian

Common guys you are no fun Who said anything about need. The train horns are for fun and nothing else. I go to lot of offroad events and meets and blowing the horn like that is always a fun way to announce I am here
Besides we caravan and when you want to get someones attention it can come in handy.

Is it legal - yes absolutely it is legal....I would not put anything illegal on my truck. I have couple very close friends who are cops and they wouldn't let me do anything remotely illegal. Again do I need it -- no I do not but it is fun; my kids love it and my friends think it is cool too. It is not my primary horn, I hardly ever use it for any normal circumstances. On board air system was the need to air up the tires after offroad trips, may be run small power tools in emergency and have air to blow stuff out of the truck during camping when you do not have access to vacuum cleaners.

See the Page 1 image 3 (right hand side bottom corner of that pic) there is a cluster of four switches one of those switch activates the compressor and another the horn.
Gujarati is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 22:42   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gujarati View Post
Common guys you are no fun Who said anything about need. The train horns are for fun and nothing else. I go to lot of offroad events and meets and blowing the horn like that is always a fun way to announce I am here
Besides we caravan and when you want to get someones attention it can come in handy.

Is it legal - yes absolutely it is legal....I would not put anything illegal on my truck. I have couple very close friends who are cops and they wouldn't let me do anything remotely illegal. Again do I need it -- no I do not but it is fun; my kids love it and my friends think it is cool too. It is not my primary horn, I hardly ever use it for any normal circumstances. On board air system was the need to air up the tires after offroad trips, may be run small power tools in emergency and have air to blow stuff out of the truck during camping when you do not have access to vacuum cleaners.

See the Page 1 image 3 (right hand side bottom corner of that pic) there is a cluster of four switches one of those switch activates the compressor and another the horn.
haha horn is awesome

May be I'm OT here, but wouldn't the compressor have been more useful on your wrangler? Considering that it was built for your off road adventures.
Old 27th June 2013, 23:05   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
haha horn is awesome

May be I'm OT here, but wouldn't the compressor have been more useful on your wrangler? Considering that it was built for your off road adventures.
There is no room for air tank on the Jeep. Besides the underside of the Jeep sees lots of rocks, mud and water. I always have the truck with me when I go offroad as I tow my Jeep. But I do not have the Jeep with me everywhere I take the truck so it is more useful on the truck.

Here is a pic of the Jeep behind the truck.
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford F250 4x4 Diesel Truck-c92858457e4e468b9e92db3558a0b086383100000337994bc090_zps5ee5f2d3.jpg  

Last edited by Gujarati : 27th June 2013 at 23:31.
Gujarati is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th June 2013, 05:49   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekjayasheel View Post
I'm still staring at that instrument cluster (page 1, image 3). Very American-Special-Forces-ish... man....
Vivek excellent eye. You are absolutely correct it is very much that kind of look especially in black interior. Everybody comments on the interior even the Chevrolet and Dodge guys. Even my cop buddies think it is very special ops vehicle type of interior. In fact there was a company that bought special rights from Ford to make special ops version of these trucks. (Or something like that, I am a little short on details about it)

My guns match up excellent with the truck interior and Ford has done an excellent job of providing nice lockable storage space for my guns. Here attaching some special pics for you.

My Ford F250 4x4 Diesel Truck-dsc_0067.jpg

My Ford F250 4x4 Diesel Truck-dsc_0072.jpg

My Ford F250 4x4 Diesel Truck-dsc_0071.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
@ Gujarati: Kudos to you for having the patience and the enthusiasm for tweaking all your rides the way you want them to! You are truly living the American dream

Would like to see a video of the Ford Train with your Jeep in tow!

Cheers!
Thanks buddy!!

I will definitely work on that but may not have that for you until next month as I will not have my Jeep on the trailer until next month when I leave for San Juan Mountains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinn View Post
Guess what I knew you you say that .

Coming back to the point of the installations, the last pic is where the you can connect to the pneumatic tools is it?
I guess you know me well by now. I am taking the effort to share all this and it is only fun if I get some response from you guys good, bad, ugly....

I have a connection point in the back and the front both, the back connection point looks a little different from front as the back one is ARB (it is the shiny thing right below the bumper) Here I am attaching a pic of the hose connected to the front coupler.
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford F250 4x4 Diesel Truck-01a8835a4cb44c74915c6ff8594894ab22260000025c9790d1b6_zps0b41b6ba.jpg  

Last edited by Gujarati : 28th June 2013 at 05:55.
Gujarati is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th June 2013, 08:33   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My guns match up excellent with the truck interior and Ford has done an excellent job of providing nice lockable storage space for my guns. Here attaching some special pics for you.
WOW! Now that is hard core stuff!! Is it an air gun or a proper machine gun?
Old 28th June 2013, 08:39   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
WOW! Now that is hard core stuff!! Is it an air gun or a proper machine gun?
Nope that is as real as it gets.
Gujarati is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th June 2013, 11:26   #39
Senior - BHPian

Wow lovely toys there. Especially the gun. Any offroad trips planned in the deserts of AZ?
Old 28th June 2013, 11:37   #40
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Nope that is as real as it gets.
A Gujarati who not only likes Jeeps but also Guns. One more common interest! One of the best things about the US is the ability to indulge in these interests without too much red tape or restrictions to purchase.
Probably OT but what guns do you have? Is that the AR15?

Cheers,
Adi
Old 28th June 2013, 12:25   #41
BHPian

Could you elaborate on the gun please? What sort of a gun is it? And what sort of hunting do you usually do?
Old 28th June 2013, 20:41   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Wow lovely toys there. Especially the gun. Any offroad trips planned in the deserts of AZ?
Thanks buddy!! No I do not have any trips planned but I have something in mind for Grand Canyon if I get a few friends to go with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
A Gujarati who not only likes Jeeps but also Guns. One more common interest! One of the best things about the US is the ability to indulge in these interests without too much red tape or restrictions to purchase.
Probably OT but what guns do you have? Is that the AR15?

Cheers,
Adi
Adi you are absolutely correct, it is easy to buy guns and ammo as much as you need/want. Not going to list out the collection here on internet but let's just say I have few. This one is AR-15 capable of shooting NATO 5.56 and .223 The hand gun you see in the last pic right above the Team-bhp logo is Glock 9mm that is my conceal carry weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
Could you elaborate on the gun please? What sort of a gun is it? And what sort of hunting do you usually do?
Honestly I do not hunt. For me it is strictly range shooting and target practice. I am just now getting into some tactical.
Gujarati is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2013, 05:24   #43
BHPian

Got some line-x coating done on the truck bed to prevent it from rusting and taking a beating from all the heavy stuff that might get thrown into it.

This coating is popular inside the Jeep tub and if doing a restoration job underside of the Jeep tubs as well. In last couple years many people have been doing the entire vehicle with this coating as it is very very strong and keeps the body from rusting. It also comes in several different colors can can be cheaper than automotive paint and certainly stronger. It can be ideal in Indian conditions where scratches and door dings a way of life. This coating would be way more touch looking and will not dent easily. It is virtually scratch proof.

Here is a company in Mumbai that is a Line-X authorized installer: http://www.horizonscope.co/home.html

Line-X has several different types of coating this one is called Line-X platinum.

Note: Tailgate is not coated that is a plastic type material molding and the bar you see is a handle for a tailgate step.
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford F250 4x4 Diesel Truck-2ce7a225c41e4afd80e20dc4f534abf732560000035a44bdcbe6_zps26e612e9.jpg  

My Ford F250 4x4 Diesel Truck-2d8cc1290560490c8eb1326a8239d5e832560000035a380ec309_zps44775e75.jpg  

Last edited by Gujarati : 30th June 2013 at 05:30.
Gujarati is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th June 2013, 09:48   #44
BHPian

Hello Gujarati,

Could you please let us know if your Super Duty is equipped with trailer sway control ?

If it is, could you please let us know how easy it is to use it, and if it is effective (i.e. if you have experience with trailering without sway control and then with sway control) ?

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
Old 30th June 2013, 22:33   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourWheelDrift View Post
Hello Gujarati,

Could you please let us know if your Super Duty is equipped with trailer sway control ?

If it is, could you please let us know how easy it is to use it, and if it is effective (i.e. if you have experience with trailering without sway control and then with sway control) ?

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
Yes my 2013 Super duty has trailer sway control standard along with electronic brake controller. My previous super duty did not have trailer sway control on it. While it towed awesome I did not have much complain this one is much easier to tow with and control the load in windy conditions at high speed. It would make an even bigger impact with higher loads. My trailer and Jeep way about 8k lbs. Some times I forget I am towing something. I usually cruise at about 120 kmph - 130 kmph. Going up to 150 plus is piece of cake and the truck does not struggle.
I will be towing thru mountain passes of 12500 ft. elevation in 4 weeks when I head to Colorado.

I think trailer sway control is a must for smaller trucks like the 1/2 tons or smaller.

Last edited by Gujarati : 30th June 2013 at 22:36.
Gujarati is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks