Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2013, 12:06   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: CJ3B Mix and Match – DIY Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Shubhendra,
In response to your query, did you see the radiator post and details I sent exclusively for you?
Hope I am not wasting our time.
Regards,
Arrey nahi Fazal Ji, you are not et all wasting your time. in fact i had one question for you. If you refer pic shared by you , your overflow coolant tank has two pipes connected to it.
Upper pipe is being connected from radiator to overflow tank but where does lower pipe goes?

Shubhendra
Shubhendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 04:07   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shubhendra,

In response to your query, did you see the radiator post and details I sent exclusively for you?
Hope I am not wasting our time.
Regards,
Fazal Ji,
I am still waiting for answer. Jeep is with my painter and tinkering is going on. Its the right time to do any alteration as its not too late.
I hope i can get your answer, before its too late (just a joke)

Shubhendra
Old 10th September 2013, 07:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Fazal Ji,
I am still waiting for answer. Jeep is with my painter and tinkering is going on. Its the right time to do any alteration as its not too late.
I hope i can get your answer, before its too late (just a joke)

Shubhendra
This pic was already there on my thread, re posting it from there.
It comes from the water pump and the thicker hose from the pre pump area.
CJ3B Mix and Match – DIY Learning-jeep-004.jpg
fazalaliadil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 22:10   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It comes from the water pump and the thicker hose from the pre pump area.
i am not sure but, is there any outlet from water pump like you. or you have modified jacket to include that outlet.
I was looking at pics of XDP engines but couldnt find such kind of terminal in any jeep.

Shubhendra
Old 12th September 2013, 22:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

Fazal Ji,
can you please answer my question ?

Shubhendra
Old 16th September 2013, 18:32   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fazal Ji,
can you please answer my question ?

Shubhendra
Shubhendra,

My earlier one has been replaced with this pump, which has a nozzled outlet.
Ask BD, Arka for details of this particular model and which year XD3P it originally came on and narrow down on it.
Regards,
CJ3B Mix and Match – DIY Learning-20130914-11.08.55.jpg

CJ3B Mix and Match – DIY Learning-20130914-11.09.47.jpg

CJ3B Mix and Match – DIY Learning-20130914-11.09.22.jpg
fazalaliadil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 21:00   #37
Senior - BHPian

Latest update: As informed earlier, mechanical work was completed long back. At that time, we did tinkering as well, but it was not up to the mark and tinkerer left for his hometown midway and never returned back. My idea was to hire a tinker, who would only work on my jeep as per my specification and standard. He started with decent quality but I soon realized that he is no different from others. I lost money as well as time. But decided not to go with road side tinkers.

My dear friend and owner of chain of garages in Poona agreed to help me with finishing of remaining work (tinkering, painting, seat, hood, wiring etc). Two months back Jeep was started and sent to one of his garage. His staff was occupied with work for a month and then came number of this jeep. Body tub again removed, tinkered, paint removed, tub repaired in various places, strengthened etc. I cut front fender (which were from new model) to give it old flat fender look. I am also working towards having a no frills snorkel without damaging vintage look. One thing I noticed that after fitting front and rear diffs of 550, current NDMS tyres have come out and almost matching fender lines. As I am planning to put mud terrain tyres, will go for 235 size tyres on either FC/gypsy rims to avoid tyres popping out from fenders. And wheel arch is the last thing I want to put to spoil the looks.

CJ3B Mix and Match – DIY Learning-img_20131015_161703.jpg

CJ3B Mix and Match – DIY Learning-img_20131015_161714.jpg

CJ3B Mix and Match – DIY Learning-img_20131015_161721.jpg

CJ3B Mix and Match – DIY Learning-img_20131015_161751.jpg

I have bought two old but unused seats as old seats were beyond repair. We had to cut entire frame beneath seat to ensure height of seat is below roll bar. We have to cut right rear tyre well as well to accommodate seat travel. Will refurbish them once garage guys fit it perfectly

CJ3B Mix and Match – DIY Learning-img_20131015_161843.jpg

Its been long 9 months since we started work on it. dont want to delay it further and hope to complete it by December end, so that i can start new year with something new !

Shubhendra
Shubhendra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 14:22   #38
Senior - BHPian

Tinkering of Jeep is complete. Added working snorkel and new clamps and support structure has been made for new seats. a small cut has been made in the rear to accommodate reverse light which has been borrowed from Maruti Van. Skid plate and radiator shroud has been procured as well. and this weekend i will buy brand new radiator and hose pipes.
Jeep is still at waiting list number 4 for getting into paint shop but by this weekend they will start scrapping remaining paint at corners and in next ten days may cover pre-paint process.
We are yet to finalize color, but below are three colors which we have short listed. Your suggestions are most welcome !

CJ3B Mix and Match – DIY Learning-bull53front.jpg

CJ3B Mix and Match – DIY Learning-hall2012rear.jpg

CJ3B Mix and Match – DIY Learning-hubbard54rear600.jpg

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Old 30th October 2013, 14:44   #39
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Banna,

Option 3. The dark maroon shade is not in contention?

Cheers,
Adi
AVR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 15:11   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Banna,

Option 3. The dark maroon shade is not in contention?

Cheers,
Adi
Aditya Bana,
Dark maroon might be considered for Kaiser as for CJ3B and Willys goes we might end up with cream color (CJ3B) and harvest green (Willys CJ3B).
I had similar to dark maroon color on my GPW years back and just loved it.

knowing my previous experiences, i might end up with some different color at last moment.

Shubhendra
Old 30th October 2013, 16:33   #41
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Aditya Bana,
Dark maroon might be considered for Kaiser as for CJ3B and Willys goes we might end up with cream color (CJ3B) and harvest green (Willys CJ3B).
I had similar to dark maroon color on my GPW years back and just loved it.

knowing my previous experiences, i might end up with some different color at last moment.

Shubhendra
Ya the cream will look good.
Can't wait to someday see your "collection".

Btw, gentlest of gentle reminders for the fender flares and my CJ5

Cheers,
Adi
AVR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 18:06   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Ya the cream will look good.
Can't wait to someday see your "collection".

Btw, gentlest of gentle reminders for the fender flares and my CJ5

Cheers,
Adi
Aditya bana,
Sorry, got busy in some personal engagements. i have sold half of my collection and retained few old rusty jeeps and bikes.
During last few months of search, i realized that its very very difficult to find an ORIGINAL CJ5/6 or Willys CJ3B. But yes, i am still searching...... if you want Original Mahindra CJ3B, let me know there is one for sale in MP which is reasonably priced.

Finally this project saw some action and this 3B got painted yesterday. now i am consolidating accessories which are scattered everywhere to get them painted/polished etc. cant wait see this jeep in action.

CJ3B Mix and Match – DIY Learning-photo-1.jpg

CJ3B Mix and Match – DIY Learning-photo-2.jpg

CJ3B Mix and Match – DIY Learning-photo-3.jpg

CJ3B Mix and Match – DIY Learning-photo-4.jpg

CJ3B Mix and Match – DIY Learning-photo-5.jpg

I have already bought Maxxis Trepador 235/75/15 and Gypsy rims. would balance them and fit them by tomorrow to take it upholsterer for hood, seat etc.

Shubhendra
Old 27th February 2014, 19:12   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Aditya bana,
Sorry, got busy in some personal engagements. i have sold half of my collection and retained few old rusty jeeps and bikes.
During last few months of search, i realized that its very very difficult to find an ORIGINAL CJ5/6 or Willys CJ3B. But yes, i am still searching...... if you want Original Mahindra CJ3B, let me know there is one for sale in MP which is reasonably priced.

Finally this project saw some action and this 3B got painted yesterday. now i am consolidating accessories which are scattered everywhere to get them painted/polished etc. cant wait see this jeep in action.

Attachment 1212944

Attachment 1212945

Attachment 1212946

Attachment 1212947

Attachment 1212948

I have already bought Maxxis Trepador 235/75/15 and Gypsy rims. would balance them and fit them by tomorrow to take it upholsterer for hood, seat etc.

Shubhendra
Dear Shubhendra,
Its nearly 10months since you decided to restore a jeep. I hope that it comes out well since you have invested so much of your personal time and energy into the project. Even though body colour is a thing of personal preference but i suggest light solid shades (non metallic) which bring out the character of a 3B. Whatever shade you choose i am sure it would look great on something rebuilt with so much of persistence and labour
Old 27th February 2014, 20:40   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUL SINGH View Post
Dear Shubhendra,
Its nearly 10months since you decided to restore a jeep. I hope that it comes out well since you have invested so much of your personal time and energy into the project. Even though body colour is a thing of personal preference but i suggest light solid shades (non metallic) which bring out the character of a 3B. Whatever shade you choose i am sure it would look great on something rebuilt with so much of persistence and labour
Atul Ji,
its been more than 1.6 years i bough this jeep in November 2012 and its March 2014. lets hope that it gets completed before mid of this year
I would be most happy if it comes out as envisaged as i have given my sweat, money, time and what not
this color is non metallic and light.

Shubhendra Singh
Old 28th February 2014, 09:36   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Atul Ji,
its been more than 1.6 years i bough this jeep in November 2012 and its March 2014. lets hope that it gets completed before mid of this year
I would be most happy if it comes out as envisaged as i have given my sweat, money, time and what not
this color is non metallic and light.

Shubhendra Singh

Eagerly waiting to see the outcome Shubhendra...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks