Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2013, 12:26   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Interesting Modified Scorpio Getaway for Gul Panag

Seems she indeed has been enrolled in by M&M guys, otherwise why would she have reviewed the XUV 500 when it was launched ?

And she was around for the 100th MGE @ Rajhasthan;

Clearly IMO this move is by M&M more than the enthusiast in Gul
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 14:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

A normal scorpio without even a 4WD would have been good enough for driving on graded / hard mud track, all this has been done purely for visual appeal.

As for the real stuff, if subjected to extreme off roading, or even some bad slush, the CV joint and tie rods of this Mahindra weakling would snap.

This is a history with Mahindra Scorpio 4x4 and Thar which share the same suspension set up.
Old 25th July 2013, 19:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
Hello guys

Recently saw pics of a customized M&M Getaway on FB , anyone knows more details about it ?

This apparently looks to be made for the actress Gul Panag . I wonder if she is really going to use it, especially the roof top tent, the Hi Lift Jack etc & all that.
What I DO know is that SOMEONE is using it!!! I was just about to post these photos with the thread title, "expedition ready Getaway" when I saw your own post! Check out these pics I snapped just a few hours ago on the way down from Rohtang (was up there with the Marshal and family - see my "Our Marshal" thread). I would expect the vehicle and whomever was driving it could be found somewhere around Manali this evening. If I'd seen your thread earlier, I'd have tried to get a better look at the driver - from what I could tell, he/she was young and slim, driving alone, but with a Scorpio 4x4 support vehicle (bodyguard???) behind...

Got almost up alongside it just before we turned off for our place. Looks to be a very well executed / equipped vehicle. My wife likes these Getaways, so we were paying a good bit of attention to it the several km. we followed it down.

Interesting Modified Scorpio Getaway for Gul Panag-dsc09199.jpg

Interesting Modified Scorpio Getaway for Gul Panag-dsc09202.jpg

Enjoy, Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Absolutely neat modification. And one more addition for the lady: she drove to Sach Pass (courtesy Audi), the coastal area of Goa & Karnataka (courtesy Ford) and now this.
IMO, any woman who would brave Sach Pass deserves some respect, regardless of whom may have been promoting the event and paying her for it...

We did it in October 2007 on lightweight modified / imported bikes, and it was challenging enough at that. I met other folks who had tried it in a Scorpio and nearly died, and another who ended up pushing his Bullet Electra most of the way up the ridiculously steep, loose inclines. One 60kph (motorcycle travel club) member on a modified 500cc Thunderbird - from what I'm told - went off the edge last year, falling into a nallah, totaling the bike and apparently narrowly saving his own life by clinging onto some big stone in the current...

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th July 2013 at 19:51. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Thanks for the pics.
ringoism is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 20:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nice concept and workmanship on the Getaway.

The only draw back I find in the Getaway is the rear overhang which is too much to make it an OTR vehicle.

Getaway is good as an expedition vehicle but not as an OTR vehicle. I always believe in a double cabin pick up as an expedition vehicle.

Here are few photos of the nicely done Mahindra Pik Up!
Attached Thumbnails
Interesting Modified Scorpio Getaway for Gul Panag-16.jpg  

Interesting Modified Scorpio Getaway for Gul Panag-2.jpg  

Interesting Modified Scorpio Getaway for Gul Panag-5.jpg  

Interesting Modified Scorpio Getaway for Gul Panag-6.jpg  

Interesting Modified Scorpio Getaway for Gul Panag-8.jpg  

Interesting Modified Scorpio Getaway for Gul Panag-10.jpg  

Interesting Modified Scorpio Getaway for Gul Panag-14.jpg  

Interesting Modified Scorpio Getaway for Gul Panag-4.jpg  

Interesting Modified Scorpio Getaway for Gul Panag-13.jpg  

Interesting Modified Scorpio Getaway for Gul Panag-imagen1.jpg  

Interesting Modified Scorpio Getaway for Gul Panag-12.jpg  

Interesting Modified Scorpio Getaway for Gul Panag-11.jpg  

Parm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 20:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

What can I say? I didn't mean to hurt her. She just assumed too much. Now she cruises the Himalayas hoping to catch up with me. She just might do it now that I own a Thar, now that I am on the side of the road with my hood up a lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Interesting Modified Scorpio Getaway for Gul Panag-gul-panag.jpg  

DirtyDan is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 20:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Here is Gul Panag on the MM Scorpio web page.

Dan, don't get too Dirty!
Attached Thumbnails
Interesting Modified Scorpio Getaway for Gul Panag-spotlightgulpanagadventurebg.jpg  

Last edited by Parm : 25th July 2013 at 20:57.
Old 26th July 2013, 00:55   #22
BHPian

Hi Guys,

It's great to see that the Getaway customised by Sarbloh Motors has caught your attention.

This particular Getaway, which had been christened as Super Milo was done by me for Gul Panag. She is currently on a trip to Pin Valley.

I will post the details of the work done on this vehicle tomorrow.

Regards,

Jaskirat Singh Nagra
Jaskirat is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 13:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringoism View Post
What I DO know is that SOMEONE is using it!!!...
Great to see the vehicle in action.

Quote:
...IMO, any woman who would brave Sach Pass deserves some respect, regardless of whom may have been promoting the event and paying her for it...
Most of the people will have the same opinion, me included. In fact i am a keen follower of her travel journeys since the time i read about her escapades in scorpio which she had initially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskirat View Post
..This particular Getaway, which had been christened as Super Milo was done by me for Gul Panag. She is currently on a trip to Pin Valley....
Congratulations once more for the awesome job. Any details on the TV show which is going to cover the journey?
Old 26th July 2013, 14:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

Excellent work Jaskirat. Please do share the details and ofcourse the cost, if you can. Since it must be a sponsored work while executing the same am sure you would have got alternate ideas as well for individual pockets, lol. What would be a ball park figure would someone be looking at to modify a pickup into an expedition vehicle?
Old 27th July 2013, 11:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskirat View Post
Hi Guys,

It's great to see that the Getaway customised by Sarbloh Motors has caught your attention.

This particular Getaway, which had been christened as Super Milo was done by me for Gul Panag. She is currently on a trip to Pin Valley.

I will post the details of the work done on this vehicle tomorrow.

Regards,

Jaskirat Singh Nagra
Well, if she was headed for Pin Valley:

1. Her GPS must've been malfunctioning, because she was driving in exactly the opposite direction (my photos were of the vehicle headed DOWN Rohtang towards Manali, around Kothi).

2. Even if she was driving the right direction, she'd have been disappointed at the entry to Pin Valley, as the bridge over the Spiti River was washed away in the storms last month, and I hear from a good source that it has not yet been rebuilt... perhaps that fact had been discovered already when I saw them?

-Eric
ringoism is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2013, 12:08   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringoism View Post

Well, if she was headed for Pin Valley:

1. Her GPS must've been malfunctioning, because she was driving in exactly the opposite direction (my photos were of the vehicle headed DOWN Rohtang towards Manali, around Kothi).

2. Even if she was driving the right direction, she'd have been disappointed at the entry to Pin Valley, as the bridge over the Spiti River was washed away in the storms last month, and I hear from a good source that it has not yet been rebuilt... perhaps that fact had been discovered already when I saw them?

-Eric
Hi Eric,

You are right, she actually could not make it to Pin Valley. The day you saw that vehicle, i.e., 25th they were on their way back after 4 days of camping at Chatru. They had actually left on 20th July.

Will post some pictures when I get them from her.

Regards,

Jaskirat Singh Nagra
Jaskirat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2013, 12:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Few of them have been already telecasted as below.

Chetan Bhagat :
Live was on 7th July at 7.00pm with repetition on 9th from 12.00 noon and 13th at 1.00pm.
Hope there will be a repeat telecast.

Nagesh Kukunoor:
Live was on 30th June at 7.00pm with 2nd and 6th July repeat telecasts.

Rest others are yet to be telecasted it seems.

Will keep you posted if required.

Regards,
Maverick79
The NGC show is for Ford Endeavor not Scorpio. So this might be a different series
Old 27th July 2013, 18:32   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
The NGC show is for Ford Endeavor not Scorpio. So this might be a different series
Yes. You are correct, its not a Scorpio getaway.
The mention of this series is to only say, Gulpanag is having fun with not only M&M rides, but also with Fords too.

Regards,
Maverick79
Old 27th July 2013, 18:58   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
Hello guys

Recently saw pics of a customized M&M Getaway on FB , anyone knows more details about it ?

This apparently looks to be made for the actress Gul Panag . I wonder if she is really going to use it, especially the roof top tent, the Hi Lift Jack etc & all that.

Here are some pics to share. (Pic courtesy FB & Jeepster) Sudarshan
Dear Sudarshan Ji, Thanks for putting up the pictures of Super Milo (as Gul calls it) on Team BHP. This vehicle was customized by me (Sarbloh Motors).

Gul as many of you already know is a huge expedition enthusiast and would put this vehicle through rigorous use. The Tent, Hi Lift Jack etc. are all going to see definite use.

Rest assured, these are not for cosmetic purpose only, and have application in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Dear Sudarshan,
Thanks for sharing this with us.
I see "Sarbloh" written on the front bull bar. So, am just wondering if this is done up by our member Jaskirat?
Cheers,
Deepak
You guessed it right Deepak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Thats a neat mod of the getaway.

I think there is a TV show in which Gul Panag drives around the country in this vehicle. I must say M&M is doing alot of things to promote lifestyle vehicle culture.

Kudos to M&M.
Thanks mac187. Gul definitely plans to take this vehicle around the country. I don't know about the involvement of M&M though. She has just yesterday returned from a trip to Chatru on Rohtang Pass - Kunjum Pass at 3300m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
From what I have read elsewhere, It is done by Jaskirat for a reality travel show where Gul Panag takes it to Pin Valley in Spiti. Very nice job indeed. And Gul Panag has a lot of real spunk, guts and adventure as compared to a lot of wannabe reality show participants and adventure enthusiasts.
You got that absolutely correct genesis, Gul is a very gutsy individual. And I am thankful to Gul for having given me the opportunity of customizing her drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
The Getaway looks purpose built. The show must have sent quite a bit to get the vehicle set up as it is now. Would probably see the show just to see this truck in action.
I don't know if there is any show planned coloneljasi. But I am sure there would be videos and pictures coming us on social media in next few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
One more shot from a facebook post originally shared by BHPian jaskirat. I'm sure he'd know more about this. The photo description says:

"Super Milo - Sarbloh Motors modified Scorpio Getaway for Gul Panag"

EDIT: Facebook page

Attachment 1116121

cya
R
Yes Rehan, that was my fb post. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Definitely he should be knowing more about it, coz IIRC he runs Sarbloh !

Shubhendra
Shubhendra, the work was totally executed at Sarbloh Motors and to the specific set of requirements that Gul had. The list of work done included:

a) Custom Bumpers
b) Spare Wheel Carrier
c) Extra Fuel Tank (50Ltr)
d) Water Tank with DC Pump
e) Dual Battery Management System
f) Roof Top Tent
g) Awning
h) 9500 lbs Winch
i) Custom Roll Cage / Carrier on the Deck
j) Roof Top Carrier
k) Steel Wheels, and MT Tyres
l) Suspension lift 54mm
m) CB Radio Set
n) Custom Upholstery
o) Custom Roof mounted console
p) Diesltronic Tuning Box
q) Flared Arches
r) Spade Carrier
s) Auxiliary lights
t) Remote Search Light
u) and other miscellaneous works.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
A normal scorpio without even a 4WD would have been good enough for driving on graded / hard mud track, all this has been done purely for visual appeal.

As for the real stuff, if subjected to extreme off roading, or even some bad slush, the CV joint and tie rods of this Mahindra weakling would snap.

This is a history with Mahindra Scorpio 4x4 and Thar which share the same suspension set up.
I am sure desertfox that you have experience to back your statement, but contrary to yours, after testing this Getaway on several terrains including slush, I find it quite capable. In fact I prefer it to standard Scorpio (4x4). I just wish it had a shorter overhang at the back.

I dont expect it to be subjected to extreme offroading of the kind indulged in by Gerrari Offroaders (see pic), but it very happily can take on river beds, sand, and slush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Here is Gul Panag on the MM Scorpio web page.

Dan, don't get too Dirty!
Thanks for sharing the picture Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Excellent work Jaskirat. Please do share the details and ofcourse the cost, if you can. Since it must be a sponsored work while executing the same am sure you would have got alternate ideas as well for individual pockets, lol. What would be a ball park figure would someone be looking at to modify a pickup into an expedition vehicle?
Thanks wanderernomad. Will PM the details.
Attached Thumbnails
Interesting Modified Scorpio Getaway for Gul Panag-uncaged-10-12-bali-8.jpg  

Interesting Modified Scorpio Getaway for Gul Panag-uncaged-10-12-bali-6.jpg  

Last edited by Jaskirat : 27th July 2013 at 19:08. Reason: Corrections
Jaskirat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 13:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

Other photos are now up on her twitter page - definitely quite interesting!
https://twitter.com/GulPanag/status/361382774688591872
https://twitter.com/GulPanag/status/361380545302769665
https://twitter.com/GulPanag/status/361381006873333760

Basically the way many of us here think of a 4x4 - not as much hardcore offroading as an adventure / expedition / go anywhere vehicle!
phamilyman is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks