Old 30th July 2013, 10:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Interesting Modified Scorpio Getaway for Gul Panag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskirat View Post

h) 9500 lbs Winch

l) Suspension lift 54mm
Wonderfully executed project.

However am curious about the winch mount, given that the front end of the scorpio chassis does not have a provision/extension for it, unlike the Thar. Do you have any WIP pics of it?

What winch is that?

How was suspension lift of 54mm achieved at the rear? I guess the Getaway has leaf sprung rear right?
Old 30th July 2013, 13:24   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Wonderfully executed project.

However am curious about the winch mount, given that the front end of the scorpio chassis does not have a provision/extension for it, unlike the Thar. Do you have any WIP pics of it?

What winch is that?

How was suspension lift of 54mm achieved at the rear? I guess the Getaway has leaf sprung rear right?
Dear 1100D,

Thanks for liking my work.

You are right that the Scorpio does not have chassis extension to mount the winch, but Swastik Vijay has come up with an interesting solution to address this. Though I don't have the WIP pictures, I will try and arrange them in a few days.

Vijay has created an add on member that has extensions that connect to the chassis and lever with the bumper mount. A very rigid and strong system.

The winch that I have mounted is 9500 lbs Ironman Monster Winch.

The suspension at the rear, which is leaf spring was raised using extended shackles. The leaf springs were not cranked. The rear actually lifted 48 mm to be precise.

Regards

Jaskirat
Old 30th July 2013, 14:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The winch that I have mounted is 9500 lbs Ironman Monster Winch.

Jaskirat
That was a prompt response!

Just a quick question, has the winch been field tested with the vehicle stuck. Why I ask this is because, I too have a 4wd mHawk Scorpio and during our trail driving here, the only time it got stuck, had a difficult time extracting the vehicle using lighter jeeps.

The vehicle would just pull those jeeps towards itself without moving an inch! (Although they were helping me and I should not say this, but gave me a very big high seeing it!)
Old 31st July 2013, 12:44   #34
BHPian

Quote:

That was a prompt response!

Just a quick question, has the winch been field tested with the vehicle stuck. Why I ask this is because, I too have a 4wd mHawk Scorpio and during our trail driving here, the only time it got stuck, had a difficult time extracting the vehicle using lighter jeeps.

The vehicle would just pull those jeeps towards itself without moving an inch! (Although they were helping me and I should not say this, but gave me a very big high seeing it!)
It is yet to be field tested on a Scorpio Getaway, but it performs wonderfully well on Thar / 550.

I will try and simulate a recovery services situation and share info with you.
Jaskirat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 20:01   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is yet to be field tested on a Scorpio Getaway, but it performs wonderfully well on Thar / 550.

I will try and simulate a recovery services situation and share info with you.
The Wheel-arch flares look fabulous, did you make them using steel or fiber?
Old 31st July 2013, 20:35   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Dear Sudarshan ===

Gul as many of you already know is a huge expedition enthusiast and would put this vehicle through rigorous use. The Tent, Hi Lift Jack etc. are all going to see definite use.

One thing I did not understand by looking at the pics is how & where the Hi-Lift will be applied . I mean what are the solid parts of this vehicle where the Hi-Lift will be applied for a safe lift ?

Any pics of the Trial of that ?

Sudarshan
Sudarshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 21:02   #37
BHPian

Quote:

These are fibre. I sourced these from Mahindra custom but altered them to suit the Getaway.
Jaskirat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 11:15   #38
BHPian

Thanks for sharing Sudarshan. Yes Gul Panag has shared these on Twitter as well. She had taken the vehicle to Manali and beyond on her latest adventure pan-Himachal.
Old 12th August 2013, 15:22   #39
BHPian

Hi Jaskirat,

As 1100D has said, extremely well executed project. The custom bumper is it the Ironman one or ARB one. And do they come as standard fitment for the Scorpio?

Regards
Sid
Old 14th August 2013, 13:59   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
Hi Jaskirat,

As 1100D has said, extremely well executed project. The custom bumper is it the Ironman one or ARB one. And do they come as standard fitment for the Scorpio?

Regards
Sid
Its a "standard" one from Swastik fabs. The stress on the word standard here is to indicate that swastik fabs is not open to customising it further!
Old 14th August 2013, 14:48   #41
BHPian

I would like to congratulate my fellow Bhpian for doing such a fabulous job. The getaway is looking unlike the usual stock look.

It has been transformed into a beast. And it sure looks purposeful. And beautiful part is that it brings out the romance of traveling alone in the hills. And preparing yourselves for any eventualities. Which the owner eventually (pun) faced by getting stuck at Chattru.

Having a tent, a decent winch, offroad tyres, little more ground clearance to offset that long overhang. Very much true to the philosophy behind my handle. The purpose is to travel. Not to go somewhere. Travel for the sake of traveling.

And the most important thing, transforming a drab looking scorpio front -end into a decent 4X4 monster.

No obscene and extreme offroading mods, that take away the reliability of the ride. Nothing more or less. Just perfect. A ride of my dreams.

Great job Jaskirat! Keep it up, bro.

Last edited by wanderhermit : 14th August 2013 at 14:56.
wanderhermit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 14:55   #42
BHPian

Quote:

Its a "standard" one from Swastik fabs. The stress on the word standard here is to indicate that swastik fabs is not open to customising it further!
That's correct, it's a standard Swastik Fab product and fits Scorpio without any modifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderhermit View Post
I would like to congratulate my fellow bhpian for doing such a fabulous job. The getaway is looking very unlike the usual stock look...
Thank you Wanderhermit. Your kind words of appreciation mean a lot to me.

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th August 2013 at 15:18. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 16th August 2013, 17:13   #43
BHPian

Hi Jaskirat

Congratulations on a job well done . I know it will be hard to get any discounts as I am not Gul.. haha but if you could give us an idea of what this mod does to the pocket please.

Thanks
Anand
Old 28th August 2013, 20:23   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D

These are fibre. I sourced these from Mahindra custom but altered them to suit the Getaway.
Will these fit the Scorp LX without any alteration?
Old 2nd September 2013, 19:55   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

Will these fit the Scorp LX without any alteration?
Technically they should fit. But doesn't LX come with standard cladding. That might have to be removed, holes closed and panels repainted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks