Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2014, 11:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: The gearbox problem in my MM550

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEHU View Post
Thanks for the advice JEEPSTER. I'm using MRF tube and the current price of this tyre is Rs.4500

I haven't clocked much miles but the vehicle has got a gearbox problem already.

-When engaging the REVERSE gear the vehicle moves a few inches and then there is a sound as if it has rammed into some stationery object
-Shifting to and from 2nd gear is rather tough
-The mechanic claims that this problem might cost about 8K to fix and that we might as well get another gearbox

Hardcore Jeepers could you please help me understand as to what should be done now. Can I choose this opportunity to induct a 5+1 gearbox into the transmission.
Hi Jean,

Check the Gearbox Reverse Spur Gear teeth and the T-Case Input Hub Gear check nut.

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 06:40   #17
BHPian

Re: Swift, Cedia, Safari.....and finally, an MM550 4x4!

I've been a little late in updating this thread. Let me vouch for this fact-TEAM BHP is full of kind hearted souls who run to the rescue of fellow WHEEL HEADs MM550 is back from the GEARBOX issue

I thank Arka, Beboy John and Jeepster for providing me timely inputs and for sparing their time even when I had bothered them thro long calls.

Planning to go on a Mild Offroad trip before I learn to get my hands dirty with WILD OFFROAD trips. Pics to follow

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks