Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2014, 21:44   #76
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar CRDe - Forged in Hell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
You shouldn't be paying the towing charges. Sometimes the dealer assures that you pay for the time being and it will be refunded but stick to not paying anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drlmtukkar View Post
That's bad. Do let us know what you plan to protect the pipe. Please let me know how much you paid for the hardtop including fitting. My e mail address planning to go in for one in the next month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxDiesel View Post
Any idea on what caused it ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Guys,
Replace the clutch pipe with scoprio EX version or buy cover plate from swastik Vijay if you plan to do affording in your Thars, else leave as it is nothing will happen in normal usage. Live example is lakhs of boleros on road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Right. There are only two ways to protect it. Rajith has mentioned both:
1. replace with scorpio (m2di right?) front brake pipe
2. cover it up with something. swastikfabs has something especially for this.

Took the vehicle back this evening (Sireesh Auto, Silk Board). All back to normal. They did not want to replace with the scorpio pipe (for obvious reasons). I have to get this done elsewhere or get the clutch cover from swastikfabs - or maybe both.

Total bill was under 500. Did not have to pay for the towing.

Service engineer said its a common issue even in bolero. But I don't know how often it occurs.

I dont know how mine got damaged. It could have been rats, but never had rat problem at all till now. So its a little hard to believe.

I'm game for performing the scorpio mod myself. I am just worried about the bleeding part. Do we get bleeder kits here in Bangalore ? How much do these cost?

If anybody else wants to do this mod by yourself, we could help each other out.

Thanks,
Vimal
Old 27th May 2014, 07:22   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by datvichrox2 View Post
Right. There are only two ways to protect it. Rajith has mentioned both:
1. replace with scorpio (m2di right?) front brake pipe
2. cover it up with something. swastikfabs has something especially for this.

Took the vehicle back this evening (Sireesh Auto, Silk Board). All back to normal. They did not want to replace with the scorpio pipe (for obvious reasons). I have to get this done elsewhere or get the clutch cover from swastikfabs - or maybe both.

Total bill was under 500. Did not have to pay for the towing.

Service engineer said its a common issue even in bolero. But I don't know how often it occurs.

I dont know how mine got damaged. It could have been rats, but never had rat problem at all till now. So its a little hard to believe.

I'm game for performing the scorpio mod myself. I am just worried about the bleeding part. Do we get bleeder kits here in Bangalore ? How much do these cost?

If anybody else wants to do this mod by yourself, we could help each other out.

Thanks,
Vimal
Vimal you need to fit scorpio m2di clutch pipe and not break pipe.Boleros pipe normally fails ones in a blue moon!.Theres no clutch bleeding kit as such.
Rajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 09:08   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Vimal you need to fit scorpio m2di clutch pipe and not break pipe.Boleros pipe normally fails ones in a blue moon!.Theres no clutch bleeding kit as such.
But Mr Behram Dhabhar, in this post of his ->http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ml#post3422625, says that you need to use the brake pipe of the Scorpio M2DI with a banjo bolt and 2 washers. Please clarify.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 27th May 2014, 09:53   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
But Mr Behram Dhabhar, in this post of his ->http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ml#post3422625, says that you need to use the brake pipe of the Scorpio M2DI with a banjo bolt and 2 washers. Please clarify.

Cheers,

Jay
I feel its an error.
Old 29th May 2014, 18:25   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post

Cheers,

Jay
Thanks Rajith. Yes its the clutch pipe itself and not brake pipe, that is required from scorpio m2di.

DB sirs post from another thread below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
2. That said, now analyse. You and I are both avid offroaders. We know what will hit underfloor. One look is sufficient, isn't it? The solution is as follows: Please go to an M&M dealer and purchase the lower flexible clutch hose, banjo bolt and 2 brass washers of "Scorpio M2DI" vehicle. Remove the small black hose and fit these parts in its place. The parts will fit perfectly. The thread on the banjo is same as that on the slave cylinder. As the banjo offers a 90 degree bend by configuration, you can route the pipe away from ground level which is not possible in the small black hose as it has a straight inlet and has to enter the slave cylinder from the bottom side only. Use tie clips to judiciously tie the hose so as to provide smooth bends (minimum radius of 100 mm). Please ensure that you have working clearance with the LH torsion bar. As a vehicle packaging engineer, I will want 10 mm here in dynamic condition (full articulation). Bleed the system and you are in business. You will agree that there is no rocket science here, just plain and simple observation of a family of vehicles and putting 2+2 together to permanently lick the issue, which I cannot lick in production, as I have mentioned in point 1 above. I hope you will understand and appreciate.
Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2564696
datvichrox2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 22:12   #81
Senior - BHPian

Just curious to know how easy/difficult it is to arrange the clutch pipe of scorpio m2di model from Mahindra dealers, considering it is not a very common model unlike the other versions of scorpio? More so when it is not uncommon that even for many 'normal' parts it takes significant time for the dealers to source.
Old 31st May 2014, 12:58   #82
BHPian

Time-lapse video of the starting point of the BODA trails. I have always enjoyed driving a vehicle with a bonnet that is visible from the drivers seat!
datvichrox2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 01:07   #83
BHPian

Keeping the side facing seats has an advantage.

You can open two screws on the passenger seat and fold it flat! This creates a makeshift bed. Not bad at all when you want to stretch and sleep for a while.

Mahindra Thar CRDe - Forged in Hell!-sideseatberth.jpg

Planning to add a seat belt and better cushioning.

If you have a ratcheting type spanner, it takes hardly 2mins to restore the passenger seat config.
datvichrox2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 16:13   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Just curious to know how easy/difficult it is to arrange the clutch pipe of scorpio m2di model from Mahindra dealers, considering it is not a very common model unlike the other versions of scorpio? More so when it is not uncommon that even for many 'normal' parts it takes significant time for the dealers to source.
Guys i have replaced my factory fitted clutch slave cylinder piped with Scorpio M2DI metal version today.

Last edited by Rajith : 10th June 2014 at 16:28.
Old 10th June 2014, 17:28   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys i have replaced my factory fitted clutch slave cylinder piped with Scorpio M2DI metal version today.
Dear Rajith - please post the photograph. I need to see what you have done, if it is the "old" metal pipe having the same shape as the removed plastic pipe, it will not work in offroad situation because it will also scrape the bottom.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 10th June 2014, 19:04   #86
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Rajith - please post the photograph. I need to see what you have done, if it is the "old" metal pipe having the same shape as the removed plastic pipe, it will not work in offroad situation because it will also scrape the bottom.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Sir,
Part num is 0802CA0410N.Pics tmrw.It is same shaped metal pipe.Feels better than rubber tube,mean while my Thar is a party car attending week end parties and pubs.offroading is attended by his elder brother !.

Last edited by Rajith : 10th June 2014 at 19:06.
Old 10th June 2014, 21:34   #87
BANNED

Please find the picture below
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar CRDe - Forged in Hell!-image.jpg  

Old 10th June 2014, 22:16   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by datvichrox2 View Post
Keeping the side facing seats has an advantage.

You can open two screws on the passenger seat and fold it flat! This creates a makeshift bed. Not bad at all when you want to stretch and sleep for a while.

If you have a ratcheting type spanner, it takes hardly 2mins to restore the passenger seat config.
Not bad Any more detailed pics? Does the reclined end of the front seat coincide perfectly with the rear bench?
Kandisa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2014, 10:55   #89
BANNED

2. That said, now analyse. You and I are both avid offroaders. We know what will hit underfloor. One look is sufficient, isn't it? The solution is as follows: Please go to an M&M dealer and purchase the lower flexible break hose, banjo bolt and 2 brass washers.Remove the small black hose and fit these parts in its place. The parts will fit perfectly. The thread on the banjo is same as that on the slave cylinder. As the banjo offers a 90 degree bend by configuration, other end you need a female thread. It's 18 inches in length you can route the pipe away from ground level which is not possible in the small black hose as it has a straight inlet and has to enter the slave cylinder from the bottom side only. Use tie clips to judiciously tie the hose so as to provide smooth bends (minimum radius of 100 mm). Please ensure that you have working clearance with the LH torsion bar. As a vehicle packaging engineer, I will want 10 mm here in dynamic condition (full articulation). Bleed the system and you are in business. You will agree that there is no rocket science here, just plain and simple observation of a family of vehicles and putting 2+2 together to permanently lick the issue, which I cannot lick in production, as I have mentioned in point 1 above. I hope you will understand and appreciate.Source Mr BD.
Old 19th June 2014, 12:13   #90
Senior - BHPian

What I dont understand is that why is the finish deliberately shoddy in a Thar. We pay a lot more money for the Thar.

The steering wheel is same as my Bolero SLX. In five years I had no trouble there but in the Thar the horn cover on the steering has come off. Why ? Why so many nibbles here ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks