Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2014, 22:42   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: 1 day old Mahindra Thar catches fire! Damages 3rd-party property too

The owner is at the receiving end for no fault from his end. 45 days taken to provide a solution which is not in line with the owner's requirement clearly indicates the intentions of the brand. I am really surprised to know that Mahindra told him to stop using public forums. I mean in today's time how can someone stop somebody from expressing their concern ?

He should take the matter up in the print media and then take the brand to the court. I am just trying to co-relate 2 different scenarios of Mahindra i.e They wanted to provide their brand's cars in the newly formed government setup and on the other hand they cannot help a common man in need and address his concerns. So, what else should be expected of them as a brand ?

Really sad state of affairs with regards to a respectable auto brand.

Thanks
Old 30th May 2014, 11:45   #77
BHPian

This is not the first Mahindra I have heard of that caught fire. A similar case happened in my previous rented apartment. Owner had given his Scorpio for servicing, and when it was returned, he parked it in his basement parking. A fire started from the Scorpio hood/bonnet area, and Fire brigade had to be called. The suspected cause then was that during the servicing, by mistake someone left a Kerosine dipped cleaning rag in the engine area.
Old 30th May 2014, 22:38   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
This is not the first Mahindra I have heard of that caught fire. A similar case happened in my previous rented apartment. Owner had given his Scorpio for servicing, and when it was returned, he parked it in his basement parking. A fire started from the Scorpio hood/bonnet area, and Fire brigade had to be called. The suspected cause then was that during the servicing, by mistake someone left a Kerosine dipped cleaning rag in the engine area.
I have received as scissor, insulation tape and some rag from the engine bay of my newly bought car! Thankfully nothing went to the moving parts(belts and pulley) while I was driving it for the first time to home!

Now when I come out of service center, the first thing I check is whether they have placed some free gifts in engine bay - Who knows, on a lucky day I could find a pipe wrench or an adjustable spanner!
Sedate is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 14:34   #79
Senior - BHPian

Another new Mahindra caught fire. This time it was XUV and the reason might be different as per the news article:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/38344581.cms
Old 16th July 2014, 20:32   #80
BHPian

Mahindra Xylo cathes fire while on the go in Salem bypass. The driver notices smoke coming out of the bonnet and luckily evacuates the occupants to safety before the vehicle engulfs in flames. It looks like Mahindra has to address some very serious issues. I just hope these unfortunate folks are compensated justly and the company makes itself accountable.
Attached Thumbnails
1 day old Mahindra Thar catches fire! Damages 3rd-party property too-1405523483369.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks