Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2017, 19:57   #196
BHPian

Re: Review: The Force Gurkha 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post

And, does anybody know what in blue blazes this rectangular cross piece is hanging between the two front wheels? (I think that's where it is.) It certainly looks to foul up the GC of the Gurkha. Can it be moved, refabricated a different way?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4174910
Torqy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2017, 23:29   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Is there anyone out there who has some believable information, insider information, not guesswork or fond hope, about this rumoured engine update
for the Gurkha?

And, does anybody know what in blue blazes this rectangular cross piece is hanging between the two front wheels? (I think that's where it is.) It certainly looks to foul up the GC of the Gurkha. Can it be moved, refabricated a different way?
The diff guard/ skid plate is purposely designed to reduce the G.C. below 210mm. This may be to circumvent some kind of tax (just a guess). It can surely be removed & replaced with something that is already available in the aftermarket to restore the G.C.

Regarding inside info, i have a guy working in the design team of the new Gurkha based at Pithampur, M.P.

I have asked him several times regarding some inside info, but the guy wouldn't budge a inch. Only thing that he will ever admit is that more work is going on. He has never given any firm time frame but i have a feeling after talking to him that may be we will not have to wait from more than 2 months

Regards
finiteinjustice is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2017, 13:47   #198
BHPian

Is there anyway I can request force motors to sell me a gurkha explorer with the 5 cylinder TD 3250 engine ? Any connects or contacts would be appreciated.
Old 22nd May 2017, 07:08   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselhead View Post
Is there anyway I can request force motors to sell me a gurkha explorer with the 5 cylinder TD 3250 engine ?
Not possible mate. Firstly, the TD3250 is most likely a BS-III engine, Force is down to the FM2.2 and the TD2750 CRD engine as their BSIV engine range.

Secondly any change to power train will require them to get re-certified from the ARAI CMVR etc, etc. Hence they will not go through that expense to grant your wish .

As emission norms get stricter and stricter, the days or old school big engines are gone. I am afraid that even the next generation Fortuners and Endeavours also will sport 2.0 liter engines 4 Cylinder Engines. I am just hoping they put the FM2.2 in the Explorer/Gurkha.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 22nd May 2017 at 07:10.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 09:10   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Not possible mate. Firstly, the TD3250 is most likely a BS-III engine, Force is down to the FM2.2 and the TD2750 CRD engine as their BSIV engine range.
No they have a BS IV TD 3250 which comes in one of the Traveller school buses.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 22nd May 2017 at 14:38. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 22nd May 2017, 12:58   #201
BHPian

Quote:
No they have a BS IV TD 3250 which comes in one of the Traveller school buses.
I just checked FORCE Website. All Traveller BS4 engines are 4 Cyl 2.2L.
Old 22nd May 2017, 13:05   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
I just checked FORCE Website. All Traveller BS4 engines are 4 Cyl 2.2L.
Site doesnt say so. But they are selling it. I have seen it at the local dealer. Its the modified version of the same engine which came on the Excel Truck earlier.
Old 23rd May 2017, 09:18   #203
Senior - BHPian

Force do export a variant of the Gurkha to some countries with the TD3250FTI engine, but AFAIK it is a BS3 engine. This is a lightly armoured variant.
The same engine is used in Travellers as well, but again it is BS3.
I don't think the 3250 variant of the Gurkha has been through ARAI approvals, and hence it would be impossible for them to sell it in India. It's not impossible to do this after-market though. The mount points are the same, the gearbox housing is the same. There is space in the engine bay to take this block, although you will need to change the location of the Intercooler and AC Condensor, since the radiator will need to shift forward. These engines are available quite easily.
roy_libran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 00:20   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Force do export a variant of the Gurkha to some countries with the TD3250FTI engine, but AFAIK it is a BS3 engine. This is a lightly armoured variant.
The same engine is used in Travellers as well, but again it is BS3.
I don't think the 3250 variant of the Gurkha has been through ARAI approvals, and hence it would be impossible for them to sell it in India. It's not impossible to do this after-market though. The mount points are the same, the gearbox housing is the same. There is space in the engine bay to take this block, although you will need to change the location of the Intercooler and AC Condensor, since the radiator will need to shift forward. These engines are available quite easily.
Roy you rightfully echo my idea of a perfect Gurkha. I had also enquired about this engine in the local scrap market but difficult in this part of the world. Please let me know if you know where and how much. Moreover I wanted this engine on the new Gurkha platform with c-in-c and coils around. And yes the travellers which I mentioned are all BS IV. Last week the dealer sold 2 of them as school buses and I visitsed during PDI.
dieselhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 03:02   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Roy you rightfully echo my idea of a perfect Gurkha. I had also enquired about this engine in the local scrap market but difficult in this part of the world. Please let me know if you know where and how much. Moreover I wanted this engine on the new Gurkha platform with c-in-c and coils around. And yes the travellers which I mentioned are all BS IV. Last week the dealer sold 2 of them as school buses and I visitsed during PDI.
pic which depicts TD3250 BS IV.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: The Force Gurkha 4x4-images.jpg  

dieselhead is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 08:57   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
pic which depicts TD3250 BS IV.
Thanks! This engine looks substantially taller than the 3250FTI. I doubt this can go into the Gurkha at all.
The new Gurkha may have different mount points than the older one - I haven't checked. So, someone closer to the design will need to comment on the feasibility aspect.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 10:43   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! This engine looks substantially taller than the 3250FTI. I doubt this can go into the Gurkha at all.
The new Gurkha may have different mount points than the older one - I haven't checked. So, someone closer to the design will need to comment on the feasibility aspect.
I think the turbo plumbing seems to enhance the overall height. Similarly no big deal with mounting points. But yes the available real estate within the confines of the engine bay would need to be looked at. Roy do you know where its available and cost ?
Old 25th May 2017, 11:46   #208
BHPian

Quote:
I think the turbo plumbing seems to enhance the overall height. Similarly no big deal with mounting points. But yes the available real estate within the confines of the engine bay would need to be looked at. Roy do you know where its available and cost ?

Kindly check the attachment for reference
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Force Motors Components.pdf (899.4 KB, 1747 views)
Old 25th May 2017, 12:09   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finiteinjustice View Post
Kindly check the attachment for reference
Thanks for sharing. But that is the cost of the turbo
Old 26th May 2017, 13:54   #210
BHPian

Quote:
These engines are available quite easily.
Could you please let me know where these engines are available and how much do they cost ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks