Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2017, 14:22   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: The Force Gurkha 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Pricing is about 12 lakhs on the road for 4x4 Hard Top with AC & PS.
Tini - You seem to be dogged in your pursuit of the Gurkha!

By the way - 12 Lakhs!!! This needs to be pegged at 3 lakhs lesser, Tops.
Old 15th March 2017, 10:20   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Tini - You seem to be dogged in your pursuit of the Gurkha!

HaHa Roy . I am not a fan boy of any vehicle including the ones I own. Hence, I am able to evaluate them objectively. Don't forget, I actually booked a Gurkha and sold it off in the showroom itself.

Force has been making the right moves, and the latest changes are definitely positive. Soon as they put a engine good for 100bhp/26 kgm Torque, there will be one in my garage.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 11:34   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
latest development Gurkha would be coming in
two wheel base options - 2400 & 2750
Door options - 2 door & 4 door (not yet confirmed)
Two roof options - hard top & soft top
Two engine options - 2650 & 2000 CRDI (TD 2200 still not confirmed)
Two axles - Independent & Rigid
Two chassis - Tubular & C in C (tubular to continue for BS4 not yet confirmed)

Shall update as I get more info
hi
above all points 1,2,3,5 came true

point no 4 shall be there as regular trax shall come with TD 2000 & TD 2650 engine as options from 1 April 17. Though TD 2650 would initially will be only available with AC variant.

Let me confirm for both engines TD 2000 & TD 2200 for Gurkha.
007 Bond is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 11:41   #184
Senior - BHPian

Finally, the towmater face is gone for good. Force motors is finally on the right track. Up the power to 100bhp and I am ready with my cheque book for sure. The explorer looks more appealing to me. Any idea on how much would the price difference be between the xpedition and xplorer? With the safety norms kicking in, am sure Force won't skimp on ABS and airbags. Whatever it is, i have my eyes on this for sure.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 15th March 2017 at 11:45.
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 14:28   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My friend got call from Bangalore dealer, but aparently it is the same under-powered engine with a common rail system to meet BSIV emission norms.
You down there versus Ringo and I up here have legitimate differences in priorities, no real disagreements, though. You guys actually have roads, honest to goodness roads. We up here rarely get above 60kph. 20-50kph is more common. We have made-over goat/yak paths painted sometimes with a thin veneer of black stuff that looks like blacktop (metalling). Our roads go up and down at angles guaranteed to test your endocrine system, your heart. Drop offs of many hundred of feet, or thousands, are routine.

The 85hp engine would not bother us so much. Ringo and I have to climb/descend steep mountain roads punctuated by crazy switchbacks that kill your momentum and reverse camber curves that kill...you.

Does anybody know how this new Gurkha is crown-geared? Not those accursed 3:73 Mahindra CMRV compromises, I hope. They can't motor over a chalk line drawn in the road let alone the mighty Himalayan speed bumps up here.

The Force Traveller has been a very big seller. Does this mean that there is some semblance of After Sales Service at Force these days?

I may actually go to a Force dealer and take a look at one! Somebody slap me hard in the face, I'm losing it.
DirtyDan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 14:43   #186
Senior - BHPian

This vehicle actually has everything that one wishes for. The D+4 option in the explorer option is 3 door type with forwarding facing rear seats, I guess. Power/torque is a downer perhaps
Old 15th March 2017, 17:06   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
hi
So you are sure TD2200 is coming for the Gurkha? Is the TD2000 downsized version of the TD2.2 Mercedes engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Finally, the towmater face is gone for good. Force motors is finally on the right track. Up the power to 100bhp and I am ready with my cheque book for sure.
Mee too. 100bhp/26Kgm Torque is what the Scorpio SZ Plus engine in my Thar DI makes. I can't really go down from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Power/torque is a downer perhaps
For a vehicle that costs 12 lakhs on the road 85 bhp is definitely a downer. They should have bumped out the power when they converted the engine to common rail.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 23:13   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gurkha relaunced with a much nicer shape. They should have made it on par with Thar 105bhp/260 NM given additional weight of the metal body. But styling is spot on.
Quote:
..Force has been making the right moves, and the latest changes are definitely positive. Soon as they put a engine good for 100bhp/26 kgm Torque, there will be one in my garage.
Really nice and to some extent surprising to see some good amount of developments happening at Force's end! Is it a signal that they have finally started taking interest to tap the potential of their niche product in passenger vehicle segment as well? Will there be some revamp in the sales & service scenario? Only time may tell. With a decently powerful engine the 5 door version definitely has the potential to be the 'elusive' long distance 4wd tourer to take your family with a decent amount of comfort.

Quote:
hi

It is nice to see your predictions/ information turned out to be right. Thanks Would be nice to know whether any decision has been taken in principle for a better and wider sales & service network to encourage people go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
..By the way - 12 Lakhs!!! This needs to be pegged at 3 lakhs lesser, Tops.
Any possibility of going back to the Force lineage anytime soon by disposing off the blue machine? How is the s4+ doing by the way?

Quote:
....For a vehicle that costs 12 lakhs on the road 85 bhp is definitely a downer. They should have bumped out the power when they converted the engine to common rail.
With this engine the price is definitely on a higher side. If Force is ready to charge that much they better be well prepared to promote this as a mass scale production vehicle with minimal niggles and much better after sales support. Probably they are taking cues from the pricing of 4wd Scorpio. The s4+ 4wd variant costs a hooping 13.8 Lakhs on road in Noida as per latest pricing!!
Kandisa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 13:16   #189
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd March 2017 at 09:34.
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 08:55   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True dat. Anything less that 110 to 120 bhp and 26 to 30 kgm Torque and it will be dead on arrival again only to go back to the drawing board for the release of the next version 5 years later.

The funny thing about this vehicle is that only the people who dont' own one praise it and the people who own one hardly praise it :-).
Well owners don't praise it probably because they get the hideous after sales service, poor quality parts and multiple visits to the workshop. Its kind of like a RE bullet. All praise and charm until you live with it, then curse the damn machine, RE, lack of qc and everyone around until you get it running. On the road at 70kmph you are again in love and praise it to the sky...and the cycle continues.
I am not an offroad enthusiast, nor understand much about the nitty gritties. However on pure look and feel alone I think the Gurkha looks more macho and ready to battle the elements than say a Thar. The simple reason is, I spend 8/10 lacs on a bare basic Thar, spend some 6 lac more in getting it liveable, and may be the Gurkha is more livable off the box at 12 lacs? Its purely a layman point of view, and I claim no affinity to either brand or machine.
Old 29th March 2017, 16:11   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
The simple reason is, I spend 8/10 lacs on a bare basic Thar, spend some 6 lac more in getting it liveable, and may be the Gurkha is more livable off the box at 12 lacs? Its purely a layman point of view, and I claim no affinity to either brand or machine.
You are right on most counts except the power train aspect. Thar does have it's issues, but it is a hoot to drive. Good balance between power and handling. If you take a test drive of the Gurkha you will probably end up getting a Thar and spending what ever lakhs for hard top etc...
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 19:26   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Meanwhile, my cousin's Gurkha, which was bought in the same month as my GV, is still around. Both our vehicles will completing a decade later this year. He takes it to occasional offroad trips, but it is his daily drive in Bangalore now. He says his service bill came to ₹3.8K + oil.
A decade means he is happy with the ownership. How's been the reliability? Has it let him down anytime, like any breakdowns on a long trip? How's the Service Centre experience?
My no-nonsense, no-frills, daily-drive Bolero SLE with odo at 1.1 Lakh is a decade old now ...and i'm thankful and happy about it.
Sorry about too many questions.

-- Torqy

Last edited by Torqy : 31st March 2017 at 19:27.
Old 31st March 2017, 20:30   #193
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
A decade means he is happy with the ownership.
He also owns a 1977 model Bullet. So his tolerance for niggles is much higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
How's been the reliability? Has it let him down anytime, like any breakdowns on a long trip? How's the Service Centre experience?
He has had breakdowns, I won't say it has been as smooth as my GV ownership experience.
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 17:09   #194
BHPian

Quote:
hi

point no 4 shall be there as regular trax shall come with TD 2000 & TD 2650 engine as options from 1 April 17. Though TD 2650 would initially will be only available with AC variant.

Hello Bond

Do you have any further updates on TD 2000 & TD 2200 engines for the Gurkha.

Regards
finiteinjustice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2017, 19:21   #195
Senior - BHPian

Is there anyone out there who has some believable information, insider information, not guesswork or fond hope, about this rumoured engine update
for the Gurkha?

And, does anybody know what in blue blazes this rectangular cross piece is hanging between the two front wheels? (I think that's where it is.) It certainly looks to foul up the GC of the Gurkha. Can it be moved, refabricated a different way?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: The Force Gurkha 4x4-screen-shot-20170506-7.09.24-pm.jpg  

Last edited by DirtyDan : 6th May 2017 at 19:23. Reason: add

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks