Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2015, 22:26   #136
Team-BHP Support

Re: Scoop! Mahindra Thar Facelift spotted testing

Quote:
My Thar had arrived already with Chandigarh Dealership since Feb 2015 but have been avoiding to collect it as I'm waiting for the updated one!
Don't pick the one lying since Feb, I am pretty sure they must have given N number of test rides on this one by now

Quote:
A brand new dealership has opened not far from Swami Automobile.
Yes , looks better equipped with some eager staff - one guy was even Ex - Mahindra ( at least that's the way he introduced ) , but again same replies like Swami - No Test Drive for Thar as everyone buys this cars without even driving - its so good But if you want we can arrange in new one lying in showroom . When I asked if new owner will not object , they were like - no Sir - its for off road and very rough and tough .

I came back without driving - somehow I cannot drive a Brand new Car which is going to be picked by someone next day ..

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th May 2015 at 22:28.
Old 12th June 2015, 16:26   #137

Heard from Authentic sources that the start of production is scheduled for september 2015. Product launch can be expected in October 2015.
Old 14th June 2015, 22:32   #138

I'm seriously considering buying the Thar next month, so should I wait for the facelift or go ahead and get the current one.? The Sales Advisor at Koncept Mahindra, Noida is saying a new version won't be coming soon, of course I don't believe these guys. So I need suggestions please.!
Thanks

Last edited by .anshuman : 18th July 2015 at 23:23. Reason: Typo fixed. Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 06:31   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abir.sharda View Post
I'm seriously considering buying the That next month, so should I wait for the facelift or go ahead and get the current one.? The Sales Advisor at Koncept Mahindra, Noida is saying a new version won't be coming soon, of course I don't believe these guys. So I need suggestions please.!
Thanks

First off do not believe any salesman. They always want a sale today rather than one 2 months down the line. There is no official word on the new Thar yet. Rumors are flying around. There is a Mahindra off-road event in goa sometime this month or next month. Apparently the vehicle will be show cased then. From what we have seen so far there is no mechanical changes, mostly better interiors and changes to wheel arches and bumpers for CMVR.

Personally, I like the new interiors and would wait, but end of the day it is a personal choice. Neverthless, I think the new one will take atleast two months for launch.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 13:35   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
First off do not believe any salesman. They always want a sale today rather than one 2 months down the line.
Personally, I like the new interiors and would wait, but end of the day it is a personal choice. Neverthless, I think the new one will take atleast two months for launch.
I agree that these salesmen are not to be believed, my dad of course told me the same. Only thing was there was no time frame for the new thar. If it is 2-3 months away, I might wait.

Also, knowing Mahindra, do you think they'll take they're sweet time after launching to iron out the kinks like on the current thar (interior wise as drivetrain will be retained).? :P I don't mind the current interiors but a launch in a couple of months could be worth the wait.
Old 29th June 2015, 11:58   #141

Is there any update on the facelift launch date?
Old 9th July 2015, 14:27   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiOC View Post
Is there any update on the facelift launch date?
My sources indicate a launch in the next few weeks. The promo video has already been put together.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 20:23   #143
BHPian

http://www.rushlane.com/mahindra-tha...-12156204.html

Apparently 22nd July is the launch date for the new Thar.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th July 2015 at 21:52. Reason: Fixing link
Old 10th July 2015, 22:31   #144
AWD
BHPian

Yea saw that, good news. But I didnt understand the "plastic-bumpers" part. Wont that be a disaster if its for real? I mean a plastic bumper on a serious ofroader, maybe its ok but can't beat the tough metal bumpers.
Old 11th July 2015, 22:19   #145
BHPian

The news of the launch makes it the most awaited vehicle of the year.

Are there any options for a removable hard-top, assuming that the side-rails can be fitted along with the hard-top.

Also, any fresh news on the creature-comforts inside the cabin and for the Rear-Seat Passengers?
Old 12th July 2015, 12:16   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
But I didnt understand the "plastic-bumpers" part.
It is just a plastic bumper cover over the existing bumber, apparently due to some ARAI/CMVR requirement. You can take it off and put a standard winch bumper or the older steel bumper. Not a big deal..
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2015, 12:50   #147
BHPian

Overdrive Magazine suggested following update.....

1. 2015 thar has 2.2 litre M-hawk engine with different state of tune.
2. Will offer in Hard Top as well as Soft Top.
3. New Front and Rear Bumpers.
4. Will have revised gear ratios better suited for off-roading and enough grunt to be comfortable on the highway.
5. Thar will also get an optional Mlocker from Eaton which provides more traction when travelling on gravel, dirt, mud, wet or icy roads without the need to press different buttons for different terrains.

http://overdrive.in/news/spied-new-m...ting-in-india/
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Mahindra Thar Facelift spotted testing-mahindrathar2.jpg  

Nilay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 12:20   #148
BHPian

As per multiple auto forums - Mahindra has said that it will launch “the refresh of its popular off-roading vehicle.” on July 22.
Old 13th July 2015, 14:37   #149
BHPian

The overdrive article is almost 6 months old.

The part that i find weird/funny is the lack of information companies provide to the dealers

in a separate thread we have seen the training manual given to Hyundai employees on the Creta has incorrect info.

In the case of Mahindra its been 6 months since the news of the updated Thar has been in the market and the dealers have no idea.

In my hometown of Jammu it gets even worse, they have 2 dealers in Jammu alone (Srinagar has more) and not even ONE test drive vehicle given. How is a potential customer (me) supposed to make a decision on a lifestyle vehicle without this

Even in Delhi, where i spend half my time, the dealers are clueless. Last time at Bhasin i was telling a potential customer about the updated Thar and showing him pics of Team BHP

a successful product launch is based on giving timely information, in a staggered manner so you keep the consumers attention, also to do teaser campaigns

especially for a lifestyle vehicle which the younger population is really taking to. in Jammu alone i have seen 3 Thars each of which has spent between 3-5 lakhs on customization.

Mahindra needs to relook its marketing strategy because currently its really lagging behind when it comes to the Thar.

cheers

K
Old 13th July 2015, 16:00   #150
BHPian

I had looked at the Thar a couple of years ago. To me its only a third and lifestyle vehicle. The niggles at that time prompted me to postpone the acquisition of one.

I really hope many of the really silly niggles are sorted out. Cannot wait to see what is in store in this new version.

There are conflicting reports on the internet. Some say its mHawk, other say its the CRDE etc.

I really hope there is atleast an option with Airbags and ABS for us the non OTR Jeep lovers
harikrishnanm is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks