Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2015, 21:30   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Did you drive and take it off-road, Jaggu?
Nope unfortunately this meet up was in between personal trip for both of us, i took only a short spin on tarmac and a small portion of broken tarmac. For your reference it rides like a very soft version of spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
We would greatly appreciate if you could detail, what entails getting a vehicle imported into India on Transfer of Residence.
This thread might be the right place for that question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinn View Post

Additional problems would be utilizing any sort of drive-up convenience such as toll booths, restaurant drive up windows, atm machines, or bank teller windows unless you have a passenger who is capable of handling your business for you.
Quote:
I usually backed up to the counter in reverse or drove up from the opposite side! Lol!! It was insanely funny to see ppls reactions...
Reply from the owner ^^

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th October 2015 at 21:55.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 22:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics: Red Jeep Wrangler 3.8L V6 from Coimbatore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

Duty was whooping 20x % !!
More than the duty , how did he handle the customs officers ? I had a tough time dealing with them just trying to import my favourite Home Theater system .

Also do you have any idea about the exact duty structure and what special formalities were needed to bring this beauty out of customs ?
Old 13th October 2015, 10:21   #18
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 13th October 2015 at 13:00.
Anand3553 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th October 2015, 10:37   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
More than the duty , how did he handle the customs officers ? I had a tough time dealing with them just trying to import my favourite Home Theater system .

Also do you have any idea about the exact duty structure and what special formalities were needed to bring this beauty out of customs ?
Even he had to go through lot of ordeal at customs and they did not accept depreciation and applied point blank with the duty structure. Again at RTO it was a hassle since the concept of modification is a grey area. Don't have much details of this.
Old 13th October 2015, 12:11   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Again at RTO it was a hassle since the concept of modification is a grey area. Don't have much details of this.
TN 38 RTO is a very famous RTO. Its the place where i stay as well. if you dont mind, can you connect me with him on PM? would love to visit him and look at his machine

TN38 CB is the current registration number running (from August 15th i guess). Your friend must have got it registered in the last 8 weeks. Just one word for your friend to go through getting it here and legally making it roadworthy -- #Respect
Old 13th October 2015, 20:01   #21
BHPian

And now that is what men fantasize about ! The first thought that comes to my mind is to run to the machine ,grab the wheel and drive away to Glory...

This truly demands loads of Love and Patience.

[Mods, I ain't sure if photographic comments are allowed ]

Every pic is droolworthy !

And I am sure every single drop of sweat spent during the process will only return him miles of smiles.

Thanks for sharing !

Last edited by poised2drive : 13th October 2015 at 20:07.
poised2drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 10:07   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
TN 38 RTO is a very famous RTO. Its the place where i stay as well. if you dont mind, can you connect me with him on PM? would love to visit him and look at his machine
Yes i understand it was quite a task to get the vehicle registered. Owner is not a member here, will check with him if he can share the number.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 10:47   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Jaggu - thanks for this thread, I have saved all the pictures in my hard disc and will copy them to a backup also. This is reference material for me. This is what a Jeep should be, and it is!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 17:47   #24
BHPian

Great vehicle, lovely pictures. Thanks for sharing. But I still do not get the part about the Postal Dept. Jeeps. I thought they had only particular SWB models with sliding doors, and not the LWB models with full features, made with RHD for use by postmen ?

Here is wishing Mahindra makes something similar if not identical in comfort, styling, features, and power. We have not had a good trailer towing 4WD since the Jonga, though the MM540/550 and Marshalls can tow an odd compressor or such for construction companies over flat paved roads. The XUV 500 and Scorpios are not real SUVs but luxury "high-cars" or 2WD STATION WAGONs as they used to be called in the old days !
Old 21st October 2015, 22:38   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakemanJohny View Post
Great vehicle, lovely pictures. Thanks for sharing. But I still do not get the part about the Postal Dept. Jeeps. I thought they had only particular SWB models with sliding doors, and not the LWB models with full features, made with RHD for use by postmen ?
Rural (read as broken road and no road terrain) needs might have been the reason. This is what the owner had mentioned during our conversation.
Old 23rd October 2015, 00:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Jaggu - thanks for this thread, I have saved all the pictures in my hard disc and will copy them to a backup also. This is reference material for me. This is what a Jeep should be, and it is!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Please dont just save the pictures on hard drive, do something about it!
1100D is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 10:18   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Please dont just save the pictures on hard drive, do something about it!
Dear Anirban - you must be kidding! . Not possible in this life, I have learnt the hard way! Maybe, instead of "not possible" it ought to be "not worth"! One more smiley is called for I guess!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 22:46   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Not possible in this life, I have learnt the hard way! Maybe, instead of "not possible" it ought to be "not worth"!
Why not, sir?
With many off road challenges becoming increasingly successful in India, i guess it is about time we had something like this here.
Old 29th October 2015, 17:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Anirban - you must be kidding! . Not possible in this life, I have learnt the hard way! Maybe, instead of "not possible" it ought to be "not worth"! One more smiley is called for I guess!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Quote:
Originally Posted by srinitdas View Post
Why not, sir?
With many off road challenges becoming increasingly successful in India, i guess it is about time we had something like this here.

Don't you think he has already tried, that too when he has "platforms on a platter" that can be taken and converted to something we want. (I was merely taunting him with that earlier statement of mine)

Unfortunately the success of offroad challenges and the real reason for the kind of response that the "offroader" that he created is either not visible to or wrongly assigned by the Gods above that approve what products see the light of the day. To top it all, there will be frontal crash test norms that will dictate quite a few things.
Old 16th September 2016, 07:28   #30
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Just a query. How did he get this RHD monster in the US of A? I didn't know they were for sale thereabouts in RHD avatar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks