Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2016, 18:35   #16
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringoism View Post
Maybe already noted, but looks like loads of articulation on the rear and basically none on the front. Typical IFS limitation I suppose, but hard to believe it couldn't be better set-up.

-Eric

Hi Eric, if I am not mistaken the RFC Gurkha has solid axles (looks like the suspension is quite stiff though).
Old 21st November 2016, 19:44   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by '72 Bullet View Post
Hi Eric, if I am not mistaken the RFC Gurkha has solid axles (looks like the suspension is quite stiff though).
You are correct. The front axle of the RFC Gurkha is converted to solid axles. This picture is quite misleading. Since the use coil overs, the articulation was pretty darn good, when I saw the vehicle at the RFC.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2016, 21:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
You are correct. The front axle of the RFC Gurkha is converted to solid axles. This picture is quite misleading. Since the use coil overs, the articulation was pretty darn good, when I saw the vehicle at the RFC.
Ahhh... I'd been studying those pics trying to ascertain whether they were solid ("live") axles or IFS and wrongly concluded the latter. Thanks for the correction. As noted, it might've been the stiffness of the setup that seemed to reduce articulation?
Old 4th June 2022, 21:30   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like back in 2013, the Gurkha was offered as a soft-top too. Was this continued in the newer versions ? And did anyone buy one ?
Old 4th June 2022, 22:55   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Looks like back in 2013, the Gurkha was offered as a soft-top too. Was this continued in the newer versions ? And did anyone buy one ?
I think I remember seeing a red soft top Gurkha in my school in 2015, MP plates so it seems like they drove all the way from Madhya Pradesh to Karnataka.

The school I was attending back then had a Hostel with students from all over India and even international students (I lived close enough to go by Bus everyday) and this was at the end of the academic year so I'm assuming a parent had come to pick up their kid and take them on a road trip home. Unfortunately I do not have pictures.

Last edited by GreasyCarb55 : 4th June 2022 at 22:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks