Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2016, 12:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata Xenon 4x4 with 6-speed Automatic unveiled in Thailand

Tata Motors recently unveiled Xenon pick up (Xenon 150 NX-PLORE 4WD AT) with 6 speed AT at 37th Bangkok International Motor show celebrating its 10 years in Thailand.
  • 6 speed AT GEARBOX
  • New Arizona Blue color
  • GPS
  • New Instrument cluster
  • New steering with A/V controls
Rumored to have new hydro-formed chassis , Electronic Stability Control & Euro V emissions compliance.

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2015/08/t...stralia-185671
http://www.driveautoblog.com/10544
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Xenon 4x4 with 6-speed Automatic unveiled in Thailand-xenonat02.jpg  

Tata Xenon 4x4 with 6-speed Automatic unveiled in Thailand-xenonat03.jpg  

Tata Xenon 4x4 with 6-speed Automatic unveiled in Thailand-xenonat04.jpg  

Tata Xenon 4x4 with 6-speed Automatic unveiled in Thailand-xenonat01.jpg  

Attached Images

jeepster is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 13:01   #2
BHPian

re: Tata Xenon 4x4 with 6-speed Automatic unveiled in Thailand

Looks so much better from the outside than inside! Tata desperately needs to upgrade the cabin if this is to succeed in the international market!
Strangerintown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 15:58   #3
BHPian

Interior is far better than the one on offer in India.

Obviously our market is not open for a lifestyle pick up. Not sure of the numbers of Xenon or Scorpoa Getaway in India. But SEA has a lot of potential and thats why this Automatic offering.

Should say that Xenon looks world class !! especially in the new color and the accessory in the loading bay.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 16:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Amazing, this is what the Isuzu guys should do to the Dmax in India if they want any resemblance of sale of the 2016 DMAX, mate that to the twin turbo version of their 2.5 litre engine ( India gets a single turbo with 134 bhp in the same block) generating 160+ bhp s and it makes a brilliant case for itself.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 12:24   #5
BHPian

Re: Tata Xenon 4x4 with 6-speed Automatic unveiled in Thailand

The MID looks like the one on Hexa. Where are the 4x4 controls or is it a full time AWD?
Tata really needs to improve the interiors.

OT: Will that be the same AT box for the Hexa too? In that case I think we can expect 4x4 AT Hexa.

Last edited by Holyghost : 24th March 2016 at 12:33.
Old 24th March 2016, 13:28   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
The MID looks like the one on Hexa. Where are the 4x4 controls or is it a full time AWD?
Tata really needs to improve the interiors.

OT: Will that be the same AT box for the Hexa too? In that case I think we can expect 4x4 AT Hexa.
Its a part time 4x4 like Safari with Electric shift TC.

Hexa has AWD setup which can be switched off, but it does not have LOW gear.
jeepster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 13:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

I wonder how many units of Xenon is sold in Thailand as I haven't seen any when I travelled both South and North from Bangkok. The Thai highways are considerably fast moving and all I have sen are Toyota Hilux or Nissan Navarra.

Would be interesting to see the price point difference between Xenon and these models.
Old 24th March 2016, 14:51   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I wonder how many units of Xenon is sold in Thailand as I haven't seen any when I travelled both South and North from Bangkok. The Thai highways are considerably fast moving and all I have sen are Toyota Hilux or Nissan Navarra.

Would be interesting to see the price point difference between Xenon and these models.
I had seen quite a few in Bangkok. Being the cheapest pickup with decent offerings TATA is doing quite well in Thailand. The many launches since 2008 indicates this. Also TATA in Thailand is a respected brand ( as JLR owner too).
Old 24th March 2016, 18:58   #9
Senior - BHPian

They also showcased a offroad version of the xenon .
Quote:
At the ongoing 2016 Bangkok Motor Show, Tata Motors has showcased a new accessorized concept of their Xenon pick-up truck. Called Tata Xenon 150 N-Xplore Accessorized Concept, it has been showcased to gauge customer interest and also to show visitors the personalization capabilities of a Tata vehicle.

The new pickup concept is powered by the same 2.2 liter 4-cylinder diesel engine which is rated at 150 PS and 320 Nm. Transmission is via a newly designed 5 speed manual transmission, which drives all four wheels.

Speaking about design, it remains more or less the same as the existing Xenon which is on sale. In addition to that, there is two more circular headlamps attached on a specially designed bull bar. There is also an automatic winch, a metal staff standing vertically, probably to hoist a flag or to recive signals.

On the roof is a metal rack which holds the spare tyre. The front of the metal rack also has LED light. Side view shows new alloys, LED turn indicators and Xenon decals. The off-road tyres come with mud flaps. At the rear is a new bumper while flatbed has a fixed tool box.

The cabin of this double cab pickup looks like a comfortable place to be. Dashboard houses a multimedia infotainment system with silve accents. Steering wheel is very simple and does not house any controls. Both driver and front passenger get arm rest.
Tata Xenon 4x4 with 6-speed Automatic unveiled in Thailand-tataxenon150nxplorewithoffroadkitfrontthreequarter2016bims.jpg

Tata Xenon 4x4 with 6-speed Automatic unveiled in Thailand-tataxenon150nxplorewithoffroadkitrearthreequarter2016bims.jpg
Source : indianautosblog.com rushlane.com

jeepster is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks