Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2016, 07:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ownership Report: The Legendary Toyota LandCruiser 80 Series

Amazing story this! And your truck looks great. And lovely shots all over this thread.

So glad you went with high profile steel wheels. Nothing else suit SUVs like these. Alloys on an offroader is a strict no no for me. And those black wheels gives the body a very nice contrast. The beige looks good, don't think I have said that before.

Please show us the inside of the Land Cruiser. Eager to see how the dash, instrument cluster, center console and the seats look.

Have fun!
Old 6th September 2016, 10:27   #17
BHPian

Fantastic photography and what a lovely car. There's something really lovely about well maintained cars in this color. The design and usability of that LC is so relevant even to this day and age.
motorhead16 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 10:34   #18
BHPian

Congras Amol. I always thought how come you hadn't upgraded the drive, since you were an adventurous type and loved long drives. And did you upgrade now to the PERFECT suv.

Prabhakar is a good choice since he knows his wares and has done a lot of LC's. For the AC bit trying some TN mech's, (Hosur, Krishnagiri) they are really good and do a great finishing job.

Look forward for some great pics with this beast.

cheers,
nanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 10:51   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Mother Ship: Legendary LandCruiser 80 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
Phew! The list just keeps growing every week
That's a beauty Amol and I have had the pleasure to see you drive by a few times over the last few weeks on alpine eco road headed towards rainbow hospital(I think so because how many Tan LCs can there be in Bangalore).

Every time I see your beast, I picture a starry night sky in the hills which is inaccessible to us lesser mortals in our pseudo SUVs!

The next time you see a red TUV300 on alpine eco road headed towards ITPL, do holler and we might even do a quick meet while waiting for the traffic to give way

Keep the updates coming and do post a few more pics of the car interiors
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 13:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Man oh man. A car or suv like this, is what I call unique. These old Toyota's are also collectibles. More so for those who are actively in the four by four community. Congratulations.

I guess it was you I saw a month ago around Phoneix Market City. I was heading back home from work towards tin factory on the main Itpl road. I was on your left. I didn't fancy the color but your Toyota stood out. It was chock-a-block traffic and I was on your left. Obviously; there is no way you're gonna see me from that height. Looking at your ride required angling my head in a way that you'd need to, to look at the Burj Khalifa. Yeah; your ride was so high up beside my sedan. I do remember the engine being quite noisy from the outside to the extent that I could hear it with my windows rolled up. The noise insulation isn't the greatest on my car too so I could be wrong about this.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 6th September 2016 at 13:31.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 15:49   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'm envious, you've just owned two of my favourite cars - this LandCruiser & the Thar. Awesome choice man, heartiest congratulations & wish you years of driving pleasure.

The LandCruiser 80 series is what created Brand LandCruiser, at least for our generation. The truck is robust, over-engineered and built to work. In fact, most LandCruiser enthusiasts prefer the 80 series to the heavier, bulkier 100 & 200 Series.

We used to work closely with the US Consulate and I know how they maintain their cars. No expense is spared and it's all by the text book. The mileage is higher than what I'd be comfortable with, but you have to be open to such tall odometers if you're looking for a classic.

How much did you bring her home for?

Here's a treat from the best guy on television:

Last edited by GTO : 6th September 2016 at 15:51.
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 16:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on getting the legendary LC80, Amol!

This used to be the ultimate dream 4x4 during my childhood, apart from a Ferrari F40. I had posters of both these machines in my bedroom. Awesome pics here as well, I just love this Tan shade. Wish you Lakhs and Lakhs of happy and memorable miles on your LC. Looking forward to regular updates on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
Is that AC water dripping below front Axle in this pic? Must be one hell of an AC system working overtime!
Old 6th September 2016, 18:38   #23
BHPian

Congrats Amol. I think see your car everyday morning in the shortcut road between Marathahalli and old airport road. The car is simply imposing and humongous towering over the traffic.
Old 6th September 2016, 18:45   #24
BHPian

Congrats for the vehicle... That thing is a keeper.
Ditto for the interior. I routinely drool over the Series 70 and 80s interiors on the Internet.
But I have to say that, the stock look had a much more classy look to it.
And, did you fix that shifting to 4L issue?
karuvally is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 20:37   #25
BHPian

Absolutely epic. While i was watching this, my 4 year old son came from behind and literally shouted. " Wow Papa, Toyota Monster " . This land cruiser is surely a Boy's Toy. I am sure this is a showstopper on the streets. Lovely pics as well. I would loved to see the interior of your truck. That would have helped me imagine myself on the driver's seat
spyder_p8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 22:46   #26
BHPian

Congrats on the 80Series bro!! You are lucky to own this mammoth!!
My brother has an 80Series back in Muscat and I love the time spent with it.

Wish you many miles of happy driving.

Cheers
Prasanth Krishnan
Asta_la_vista is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 02:51   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats! That's a lovely SUV you have got. Wish you thousand's of happy miles ahead. Lovely review and pics too. Rated 5*.

Last month i visited Bhutan and saw many Toyota LandCruiser's including the 80 series. Had a small talk with one of its owner who coincidentally was related to the owner of the resort where we stayed. His car looked meticulously maintained from outside & according to him, he was very happy with the vehicle. Its super reliable, tough and can easily go through any terrain you throw at it. His vehicle has done more than 6 lack kilometers and was still running on the original engine. He had other cars too but this vehicle is his personal favorite.

Last edited by Samba : 7th September 2016 at 02:58.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 12:21   #28

Congratulations and many happy trouble free miles with the mighty 80!!
I am an NRI residing in Africa for the last 14 years and the land cruisers (all series from 45 to 200) as well as the hilux and its cousin the fortuner are perhaps the most respected vehicles on the continent. Two of them stand out among these and they are the 70 series and the 80 series, while we see a lot more of the former as well as the 100 series on roads. The only reason i want to get back to India is to buy an 80 series as my Prado just does not cut it enough for me.
Enjoy the ownership of a legend.
Cheers!!!
Kamran Mohsin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 13:49   #29

I've had the HDJ81 for years now after using a Land Rover Defender before that! Far more plush, far more powerful and capable. Great buy!

Ownership Report: The Legendary Toyota LandCruiser 80 Series-imageuploadedbyteambhp1473322732.882650.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 17th September 2016 at 08:51. Reason: Fixed Image position
Vintage1 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 18:51   #30
BHPian

its an amazing machine! congrats on your buy. This one car has always been my dream. I have been driving a Highlander for last 2 months in the US and its a 2004 model with more than 75000 Miles on it and still runs like new. speaks a lot about the build quality!

Hope you have great and safe drives on your new drive. please keep updating on your experiences specially with any maintenance that would come up in the future

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks