Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 5th May 2020, 09:46   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Got Gypsy段ed - My brand new Maruti Gypsy 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikkimese4x4 View Post
Hello Gypsy lovers, here's some pics my MG 410 now converted to MG 416.
Looks great, a very nice color I might add (RTO approval?) . I presume you plonked in a G16B with the whole MPFI setup from a baleno, but would be nice to know more details like what gearbox was used.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2020, 10:01   #77

RTO approval pending, but any ways in Sikkim it's not too strict with regards engine no. Chassis no is what is important. The gearbox is a gypsy king mated to the Baleno engine. Lower to 2 studd holes have to be modified, but the top two studd holes holding the engine with the gearbox is an exact fit.l
Sikkimese4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2020, 10:34   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikkimese4x4 View Post
RTO approval pending, but any ways in Sikkim it's not too strict with regards engine no. Chassis no is what is important. The gearbox is a gypsy king mated to the Baleno engine. Lower to 2 studd holes have to be modified, but the top two studd holes holding the engine with the gearbox is an exact fit.l
Post some pics of the engine bay if possible. How does it drive compared to the original 410? The low end grunt must be substantially more with the new setup. Have you fitted a power steering or still using good old arm strength.
Old 5th May 2020, 13:09   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
Post some pics of the engine bay if possible. How does it drive compared to the original 410? The low end grunt must be substantially more with the new setup. Have you fitted a power steering or still using good old arm strength.
Good old arm strength. All the power steering options on the gypsy are over assisted and doesn't inspire confidence at high speeds, besides I don't find the steering heavy at all especially on the move. It's only during full lock that it becomes a little bit heavy, a lot also has to do with the condition of your tyres. If it's almost bald there will be too much resistance on the steering.
Sikkimese4x4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 19:12   #80
BHPian

Hey Sikkimese. This is by far the best looking Gypsy I have seen - mature, practical and no nonsense. Please share the tyre size and alloy wheel specifications. Also, I request you to pen down an ownership review of your MG416 for all of us to read and enjoy. Please do add more pictures. Stay safe !
sid_hilldriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 16:23   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_hilldriver View Post
Hey Sikkimese. This is by far the best looking Gypsy I have seen - mature, practical and no nonsense. Please share the tyre size and alloy wheel specifications. Also, I request you to pen down an ownership review of your MG416 for all of us to read and enjoy. Please do add more pictures. Stay safe !
Hi, the tyre specs my my Gypsy are 215/75 R 15 and the rims are 139 PCD 15 inch 8j.
Sikkimese4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed