Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2017, 12:50   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover

Looking awesome Anil. Fantastic job you guys have done. What alloys are those? Suits the vehicle.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 14:17   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Looking awesome Anil. Fantastic job you guys have done. What alloys are those? Suits the vehicle.
These are XUV500 alloys as you recommended, thanks for the advice ! Don't know the brand, will check with my brother and give details.

Last edited by Anil Vincent : 22nd March 2017 at 14:19.
Anil Vincent is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 18:54   #48
Team-BHP Support

Anil, the quality of the external mods on the vehicle is commendable! To the untrained eye, this can easily pass off as a G Wagon!

How about some pics from the rear of the vehicle?
Also, i am also of the opinion that the Merc logo is better on the vehicle. Having a custom Force logo is like taking steps backward when you consider the pains you went through to get the looks this far.
Old 23rd March 2017, 01:26   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anil Vincent View Post
Finally after 5 months since we commenced the project the vehicle is been rolled out of Marvel Motors for the first time to get the new set of Tyres & Wheels installed. The job is not yet completed but it’s almost at the finish line for the exteriors, there is much more to be done starting next with interiors followed by suspension, engine and so on.

Right from the moment the vehicles been rolled out, while on the road, and while at being the tyre shop also all the mobile cameras were on the vehicle it’s very much a head turner for sure.

Please feel free to give more suggestion and comments

work is still in progress with further refinements and final upgrades.
Brilliant, one has to give the credit to the team at Marvel motors for this amazing work and to you for taking on such a project. A projector headlamp would give the car a more upmarket look that the three point star on the grill demands.
What are the plans for suspension, engine and interior upgrades? A powerful engine, a sofesticated suspension and a decent interiors would just set your car apart from the crowd and that would make the modification complete in all aspects.

Just a few inputs from my side and to be clear its pretty much my personal point of view and only mentioning as you have asked them in your post.
1 - I am not a fan of the tyre off-set as it doesn't necessarily give a stock appearance. I like a G-Wagon look alike to appear as stock as possible
2 - I would probably keep a modified Force motor badge as opposed to the Mercedes one.
3 - I would have preferred an alloy wheel which looked stock, similar to the famous 5 spoke AMG ones.
http://www.originalwheels.com/merced...ss2015rims.php

Once the work on your car is over it will be great if Force motors take inspiration from it and provide us a more modern car - I know its wishful thinking.

Anyway, all the best for all other modifications planned.
rejoycjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 02:40   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anil Vincent View Post

Please feel free to give more suggestion and comments
Great job done by Marvel Motor Cochin! I will definitely visit them if I need some body work done but do let me know how much it costed for you so that I can get an idea if they are affordable too.

Is the Modified G-Wagon as tall as the real one? I saw one in Germany and it looked quite tall with big tires (May be the tires were not stock).

A small suggestion from my end is to replace the middle row side glass to a single piece instead of stock from Gurkha which can be opened. Even better is to merge both the middle and back row side glasses into one as suggested before.
yaseenar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 08:51   #51
BHPian

@Anil_Vincent - Great job overall and eager to hear the costs involved.
On my personal preference I wish the side rear window glass had been modified to be a single pane. Alloys also I feel should be only a 5 spoke one. Headlamps also need an update. Other than that it looks pretty cool.

Any plans for the interiors updates as well ? What about performance upgrades ?

Another suggestion for the other vehicle if you have not started the mods would be to convert that to a Land Rover Defender 90 Clone. (Dont cut the roof - just modify the rear glass panels a bit).
Old 23rd March 2017, 13:46   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
How about some pics from the rear of the vehicle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Brilliant, one has to give the credit to the team at Marvel motors for this amazing work and to you for taking on such a project. A projector headlamp would give the car a more upmarket look that the three point star on the grill demands.
What are the plans for suspension, engine and interior upgrades?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseenar View Post
Great job done by Marvel Motor Cochin!

A small suggestion from my end is to replace the middle row side glass to a single piece instead of stock from Gurkha which can be opened. Even better is to merge both the middle and back row side glasses into one as suggested before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
On my personal preference I wish the side rear window glass had been modified to be a single pane. Alloys also I feel should be only a 5 spoke one. Headlamps also need an update. Other than that it looks pretty cool.

Another suggestion for the other vehicle if you have not started the mods would be to convert that to a Land Rover Defender 90 Clone. (Dont cut the roof - just modify the rear glass panels a bit).
Dear All, thanks for the suggestions and feedbacks, there were many overlooked items mainly as head lights and merging of rear windows! Headlights are already ordered, merging rear window to single pane was a great idea but now too late, will definitely do it on the second car. But I am happy with this current look of 3 windows also, so what hybrid looks in between the LWB & SWB G's.

Most of my friends who were aware of this project from the beginning and who all have visited to see its wip asked me the same questions, 'Why chose Marvel Motors?' and I hope now that question is answered well I have dealt with many body shops in India and abroad as a part of my profession, including some super mega body shops housing 1000+ workbays, the look and feel of a body shop is very important for its marketing objectives but the customer satisfaction purely lies in job quality and their skill levels. The passion in what is been done can out shine any new modern facilities, tools and equipments.

If it doesn't go off topic i would like to share some pic of their other creations.
Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-img_6250.jpg

Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-img_6251.jpg

Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-img_6253.jpg

Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-img_6256.jpg

Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-img_6263.jpg
Anil Vincent is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 14:49   #53
BHPian

That is a fantastic build. Brilliant. Hats off to you for taking up a project like this. The team at Marvel Motors have done a commendable job. The passion with which they have built the vehicle is superb. The tinkering is perfect. Now, waiting to see what plans you have for the engine, interiors and suspension.

I had seen the VW Polo and was very impressed but didn’t know it was by Marvel. As you mentioned, it is not the number of work bays that matter, it is the final outcome that shows the true workmanship. Superb. Brilliant. Keep up the good job.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd March 2017 at 15:50. Reason: Post edited. Please ALWAYS use a space after punctuation marks (.,!?) - Thanks.
lifeat100k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 15:31   #54
A M
BHPian

Regarding merging of the windows, even though one merged glass completes the look, I would suggest against doing this. I am no expert on the body work but the structural strength will be, in my opinion, an issue if some part of metal is being replaced by glass.
A M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 15:41   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
I feel should be only a 5 spoke one. Headlamps also need an update. Other than that it looks pretty cool. Any plans for the interiors updates as well ? What about performance upgrades ?
The main reason for not installing the G's OE type 5 spoke alloys are that Gurkha have a very smaller wheel track which will make this wheels stays inward from the body, and it is not advisable to use large sized spacers to compensate this. In addition to this you also need PCD converter to fit Merc original wheels to Gurkha's wheel hub.

Interior upgrades are now going on, full NVH damping, new roof lining, floor carpets, new seat covers are the planned ones.

We are also looking at the possibilities of suspension enhancements to make the ride bit more smoother and comfortable, engine performance upgrades are there in agenda as final item and are exploring various options and possibilities with out deviating much from the OE specs. Hope Force will come to help in this regard

Here are some more pics from the side and rear views -
Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-img_7029.jpg

Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-bimg_7021.jpg

Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-cimg_7028.jpg

Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-img_7019.jpg
Anil Vincent is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 12:29   #56
BHPian

Congratulations on the conversion, it definitely is a head turning vehicle. I am very eager to see the interiors of the vehicle. Please also share the costs involved in the conversion of the vehicle. I think Mr. Rameshan has done a fantastic job and if priced decently, he may expect a lot of vehicle in his workshop for the same.
Old 24th March 2017, 13:43   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
I am no expert on the body work but the structural strength will be, in my opinion, an issue if some part of metal is being replaced by glass.
your point is applicable for Monocoque chassis. Gurkha is a Body-on-frame. yes, a bit of reinforcement is needed.

I say this with confidence since I have handled automotive design and verification/validation projects for various car and truck companies.
14000rpm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 10:59   #58
BHPian

An awesome work done. Anil can you please let me know the total cost of custom job as I would be interested.
dieselhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2017, 15:05   #59
BHPian

The Gurkha looks brilliant!

Small Suggestion from my side would be to keep the modified Force motor badge instead of the Mercedes logo. End of day, original will be original

Eagerly looking forward to the engine and interior upgrades.

Regards,
Anup
Kiterunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2017, 18:54   #60
Senior - BHPian

Excellent work!! A couple of small pointers. In the side profile the bonnet is flat. If you see the original G, the bonnet slopes slightly from windscreen out. The rear bumper must be in line with the rear wheel fender, currently its a bit higher. Window line wise this appears like a mix of swb and lwb G wagen...however these are very minor things..
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks