Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2022, 11:53   #16
BHPian

Re: Even more capable Fortuner 4x4 | Suspension lift kit, manually locking rear differential & more

OP, it seems there are two Arb part numbers for the 1st Gen Fortuner lockers, which I hope to order from Australia.
One of them is for the earlier model Fortuner sold in S. Africa with Dana axles.

Any chance you or Lambda would know the rear diff gear ratio? That is the only way Arb in Australia can help me source the right part, my VIN does not help as the first Fortuner sold in Aus was the 2016 model.
Old 14th February 2023, 15:08   #17

Re: Even more capable Fortuner 4x4 | Suspension lift kit, manually locking rear differential & more

@Abhayshanu recently saw this beast of yours in Manali. Was amazed by it. I own a 2009 SFX and I’m planning for a suspension upgrade. I wanna ask-
1. Why Dr. Nano? Why not OME or Ironman?
2. Do you have the foam cell or the Nitogas one?
TIA
Old 8th April 2023, 02:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strykar View Post
OP, it seems there are two Arb part numbers for the 1st Gen Fortuner lockers, which I hope to order from Australia.
Why. You have official ARB guys here. Buy from them and get Indian warranty. If you still want to go for Grey import, ask ARB for the correct part, they ship to their dealers so they know which one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr1tical View Post
@Abhayshanu recently saw this beast of yours in Manali. Was amazed by it. I own a 2009 SFX and I’m planning for a suspension upgrade. I wanna ask-
1. Why Dr. Nano? Why not OME or Ironman?
2. Do you have the foam cell or the Nitogas one?
TIA
Thanks.

1- Substantially cheaper while having similar performance.
2 - Nitrogas
Old 8th April 2023, 02:30   #19
BHPian

Updates from the last time.

Locker works great. Changed from MT to AT for long distance touring. Installed Diff Drop to help reduce CV Joint stress. Installed some more lights and moved around others for more visibility.

Even more capable Fortuner 4x4 | Suspension lift kit, manually locking rear differential & more-screenshot_20230408022842903_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Even more capable Fortuner 4x4 | Suspension lift kit, manually locking rear differential & more-screenshot_20230408022859660_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Even more capable Fortuner 4x4 | Suspension lift kit, manually locking rear differential & more-screenshot_20230408022919469_com.miui.gallery.jpg
abhayshanu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 08:09   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
....Changed from MT to AT for long distance touring. I....
Interesting.. Could you please shed some more light on this?
Old 8th April 2023, 09:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Interesting.. Could you please shed some more light on this?
I think he meant changing from Mud Terrain tyres to All Terrain tyres. Changing from a manual to an automatic does not seem like an endeavour worth putting an effort.
Old 8th April 2023, 22:04   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
I think he meant changing from Mud Terrain tyres to All Terrain tyres. Changing from a manual to an automatic does not seem like an endeavour worth putting an effort.
Haha. True that. Surprised that I missed it.
Old 3rd February 2024, 22:09   #23

Your Fortuner is amazing and looks like my dream build. Can you shed more light on the lambda rear differential locker? I want to get one for my fortuner as well, where can I buy it? Thanks.

I just got a Ironman 2 inch lift kit and am running stock size Maxxis Bravo AT tyres. Tempted by your 33 inch MT’s.
Old 5th March 2024, 00:01   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
Not sure about this question, anyway - I recently bought a used 2WD AT Fortuner as I did not want a proper 4x4 on this car as I already have a Thar CRde for those fun purposes. But, was just loud thinking, on how to make a 2WD AT Fortuner a little more capable on some mild tricky conditions if I can control the traction for the rear wheels. (i.e., one rear wheel in air and one on the ground/or slippery situations !) Your statement above, even though your vehicle is a 4x4, will doing this on the rear differential of the 2WD Fort help its capabilities better than just a 2WD normal ?

Just wanted to understand from the experts

Swami
If the model is from 2021 and onwards, the 2wd model comes with Auto Limited Slip Differential. You can engage it by turning off the VSC (traction control button). If you're planning to go any snowy roads, slippery/wet mountain roads or even a gravel road, you can perfectly do it using your 2WD by engaging auto LSD. If you were to go above 60km/h , VSC will get automatically turned on by switching off the LSD. This feature is available in 4x4 as well in 2H. For a moderate off roading, it's more than enough without using an e-locker or installing a new one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks