Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2023, 07:37   #46

Re: My new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon!

Thanx buddy for your inputs! No doubts on Rubicon’s capablity….

I understand the unlimited carries features like removable roof, detachable doors with an addition of side step. However, it surely lacks the ability to disengage sway bar and a more capable differential setup.

Coming from a 4x4 Fortuner and a Thar, looking towards mostly long highway / rural terrains, am inclined towards Unlimited. My assumption is that the Unlimited is tuned towards urban drivability vs the off-road ability of a Rubicon.

Removable roof, a quieter cabin on a highway drive with roof in place (that’s impossible in case of my CT Thar&#128578 while satisfying my desire to ride the original are key drivers for me!
Alokmj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 21:54   #47
BHPian

Five months and 5K km later, I am more confident to take it anywhere. I have done numerous hard trails ( I believe these same trails would be much more difficult in the rain, but currently doable in Rubicon like it was nothing).
My new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon!-20230528_022540443_ios.png

My new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon!-offroad2.png

My new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon!-offroad1.png

The first service was done at 5K, and the service people didn't rotate the tire. I got it done at a tyre shop ( all five rotated).

Some DIY updates, there was a whistling sound at a speed higher than 60kmph, which turned out to be a gap created by the foldable windshield. A small rubber packing makes it go; similarly, the plastic panel also need the same treatment, and now it's very quiet ( in relative terms!).

I am looking to get the headliner fixed in the Jeep, and this would help with heat and sound. The top gets hot. Nonetheless, the AC is quite good.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 18:20   #48
BHPian

I finally got the winch and had to change the front plastic bumper to steel and the plastic skid plate.

The transformation from

My new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon!-20230712_102325771_ios.jpg

To

My new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon!-20230713_095033188_ios.jpg

I have not yet connected the winch to the battery; the question is, where can I get a solenoid switch to isolate the winch power based on a switched power? I see WARN sells power interrupters for winches, but I cannot find it online here.

Does anyone have any information on WARN or suitable solenoid switch I can use?

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 21:47   #49
BHPian

This past Sunday took me on a wild ride that eclipsed all my previous off-roading shenanigans. A seemingly innocuous water channel beckoned us, looking much the same as the last time when we nearly got stuck. It's funny how water and mud can play tricks on your mind, making you believe it's the same old song and dance. Well, not this time, especially when the rain decided to join the party.

Image 1: The deceptive water channel, our playground for the day.
My new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon!-stuck1.png

Plunged in 4H and revving the engine, we were initially met with a discouraging lack of movement. The tires churned the water into a frothy mess, spinning but not gaining any ground. The usual strategy wasn't cutting it. The familiar sense of being stuck in a muddy waterlogged trench started creeping in.

Image 2: The dance of the tires, spinning but going nowhere.
My new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon!-stuck2.png

I decided to switch tactics. Engaging both diffs, my Jeep morphed from a tame cruiser into a determined beast. A tense game of tug-of-war ensued with the stubborn earth beneath. It was all about wriggling left and right, moving forward and back, every move designed to break free from the muddy chains that bound us.

Image 3: The Jeep transforming into a battle-hardened warrior.
My new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon!-stucktrying.png

Adventure isn't always about breezing through pristine trails. Sometimes, it's about getting down and dirty with the elements, wrestling with nature herself. And let me tell you; it's worth every bit of grit, sweat, and mud.

Image 4: Breaking free from the muddy shackles.
My new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon!-stiuckfrondiff.png

My new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon!-funover.png

And for those moments when you're stuck in the mud, with water lapping at your doors, remember - it's just another part of the ride. Until the next adventure, keep wheeling and stay safe.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 24th October 2023, 16:30   #50
BHPian

I am sure the video and image would not do the justice, but the incline and the location you see in the video were challenging. Jeep did it in style with no fuss, descending and back on the road.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks