Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2023, 09:58   #31
BHPian

Re: Maruti-Suzuki Jimny | Modifications Wishlist Thread

I will probably do very simple modifications,

Keep the same steel wheels of the Zeta variant and replace the tires with 215/75/15, Yokohama or Goodyear, whichever looks better/in budget (preferably with a white lettering ?)

Once a proper roof carrier (like the ones abroad) available for the 5 door, add the same with a ladder - enhanced looks and functionality too !

Spare Wheel cover @ 13K - need to see how it would compliment the look overall - not firm on this requirement

Being a Zeta variant, add a Fog Lamp

I think this would be it BTW, I am still sticking on to the Granite Grey Color.

Swami
Old 15th June 2023, 13:44   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
Does 235/60/R16 AT tyres make sense?
I won't recommend 235's without a lift kit, they will surely rub during flexing and extreme turns. With lift kit 235/60/R16 will be the closest 16" without much diameter variation. Obviously increase in weight and width of the tyre will increase rolling resistance and reduce fuel economy. Also affect performance, unless we try to compensate a bit with some other performance upgrades. 215's will be provide the best of all worlds.

I prefer to put 235/70/16 on a 7J rims subjected to tyre availability, as things stand subjected to vehicle availability also
GT145 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 15:22   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT145 View Post
I won't recommend 235's without a lift kit, they will surely rub during flexing and extreme turns.

I prefer to put 235/70/16 on a 7J rims subjected to tyre availability, as things stand subjected to vehicle availability also
Thanks.

A related question - I am seeing a lot of videos of Jimnys with 235 tyres on OEM rims (see an example here below). Is it advisable to do that? I thought the OEM rims are 5.5J width.

Old 15th June 2023, 16:14   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
Thanks.

A related question - I am seeing a lot of videos of Jimnys with 235 tyres on OEM rims (see an example here below). Is it advisable to do that? I thought the OEM rims are 5.5J width.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=w-x-ycjn3l4

As far as I know, if you want to maximize the durability and performance (of tyres) then wider tyres should be used with wider rims. 215's should be okay for stock rims, anything above that I would recommend wider rims. Maybe the below link will help.

https://www.tyresizecalculator.com/c...rim-size-chart

Last edited by GT145 : 15th June 2023 at 16:17. Reason: Added the link
GT145 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 16:41   #35
BHPian

I was also thinking of going with 215s since that won't affect on road performance very much and won't need a rim replacement.

I have a noob question, since my mod experience in India is very limited. How will the cops treat these modifications? I have seen challans issued for a tow hook, and don't want them stopping me each time I take the vehicle out. Any insights on which are kosher modifications for on-road use and which are not? I am hoping that a tyre upgrade is accepted by a new set of lights and snorkel might invite their wrath.
Old 16th June 2023, 09:57   #36
Team-BHP Support

In Australia folks have been chopping the Jimny to create utes/ pickups out of them, quite a popular modification. Couple of pics i had clicked at a 4x4 show, for inspiration.

Maruti-Suzuki Jimny | Modifications Wishlist Thread-jimn2.jpg

Maruti-Suzuki Jimny | Modifications Wishlist Thread-jimny1.jpg
benbsb29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 15:43   #37
BHPian

Those who are looking for remap, GT Tunerz Stage 1 map will give a 6bhp + 20 nm gain as per the below post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ctqkm-GhRwe/?hl=en

Pretty decent figure for NA engine.
Old 14th July 2023, 19:00   #38

The espresso-isque front grill looks horrible. The immediate swap with a Suzuki monogram plain grill will make it far more appealing. Tires upgrade to 215 A/T has been a common trend. Off the 5 deliveries in Trivandrum 3 have already swapped as per the Nexa dealer.
Old 16th July 2023, 19:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
In Australia folks have been chopping the Jimny to create utes/ pickups out of them, quite a popular modification. [/ATTACH]

This is where options become interesting with the longer wheelbase. When I modded my Thar I created an outside rear area that could hold a gas cylinder, a punctured tyre, a couple of people sitting, a toolbox...and I could store delicate stuff or stuff that needed to be secure in back of the front seats, plenty of room there also. This idea makes for a very handy vehicle. But, what are future plans for a modded vehicle? Resale value may be impacted. Mods need thinking out.
I am happy as a clam how mine turned out. I am going to drive it until the wheels fall off.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti-Suzuki Jimny | Modifications Wishlist Thread-tharmod.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks