Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 26th November 2007, 22:25   #76

It is from the same TD as the eariler image. The driver is Adil Darukhanawala, but I don't think it is the 2005 BSIII engine. I have read this review, need to find the link.
here are the images of the relevant text from the scanned page ... clearly states that the engine is a BSIII

Last edited by Samurai : 26th November 2007 at 22:44. Reason: the links are all wrong
Old 5th December 2007, 01:14   #77

Gurkha 4wd - Finally FORCE(d) into Production

http://www.forcemotors.com/html/news.aspx?id=89

Vivek
Old 5th December 2007, 07:57   #78

Nice catch Vivek. What's with the photo of Gurkha blazing on level ground?

Still, Gurkha doesn't find a place in their web site as an available product.

...::: Welcome to Force Motors : Products Section :::...
Old 5th December 2007, 18:01   #79

Having failed in my attempt to locate a Mahindra Legend, I will end up ordering a Gurkha. Just spoke to a Sales Manager at Force Motors this morning and he said that they haven't yet started taking orders but will probably do in a few weeks. Hoping that I can order one soon.
Old 5th December 2007, 18:40   #80

Gurkha ordering works better if you directly place order with the factory. They usually keep their dealers in the dark about Gurkha.
Old 15th December 2007, 01:21   #81

Guys finally the gurkha is here with months of waiting, i saw it at navnit motors just 2 days back its the 1st car to be delivered in bombay i bet its a amazing vehicle with a little changes in interior..those who are looking forward to travel with family in the gurkha will find it little difficult in gettin inside of the vehicle its same like the tata sierra wherein you have to push the seat ahead, as the car is at height it might create problems as its in a 3 door version...the engine i think is the new OM611 the dealer didnt have the brochure nor any engine specifications..i couldnt get a test drive but looking forward to have one. the car looks much better than the earlier versions but one thing force motors shouldnt have changed the headlights they should have kept the same round lights like the G-wagon it gives it a better macho look, i hope the automobile designers at force need to understand this as the car some what resembles the old tata sumo. as per me i would buy one rest hope for the best...congrats to all those who will be booking this car.

Note from the Support Team: Please take the time to space out your posts so that they're readable. Thank you.

Last edited by aah78 : 15th December 2007 at 03:57. Reason: See note.
ashu_82_2001 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th December 2007, 02:17   #82

as far as I my knowledge goes, its TD2650 FTI and not OM611 yet..
There are few folks got the vehicle in Bangalore here. I got a call from Kheevraj asking me to take a look at the vehicle last week, upon asking, I came to know it was to be delivered to another client by evening..
They are still not able to committ on delivery time.. He told me that it may take 2 months for a vehicle to be delivered which is too much...

as Samurai said, it can be a good idea to get in touch with the factory ppl directly..
Old 15th December 2007, 03:43   #83

I have a video of Gurkha doing extreme off-roading (company promo) and it is just amazing. Will try to post it here when I locate the video.
Old 15th December 2007, 09:47   #84

Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
I have a video of Gurkha doing extreme off-roading (company promo) and it is just amazing. Will try to post it here when I locate the video.
Is that the video of a Judo on a test track?

Its found here: WELCOME TO FORCE4x4.COM
Old 16th December 2007, 15:45   #85

Here is the link for the brochure of Trax Gurkha. Its a old brochure not the new one its the test drive taken by Car India Magazine.
http://giri.tirumale.fotopic.net

I have a community dedicated to TRAX GURKHA on Orkut anyone whos interested in joining is welcome. In communities search for Trax Gurkha there is just one community for GURKHA , looking forward to more peple joining in.
Old 16th December 2007, 17:31   #86

Thanks Ashwat,
Hope to see some activity on that community..

With regards to the brochure and specs, I guess its already discussed and put up on t-bhp earlier (by Samurai Sen).. So, its with TD 2650 FTI engine now....
Old 16th December 2007, 21:11   #87

Force motors sent me the specifications since I am ordering one and it says TD2650FTI engine and not OM611. But that is fine with me as I am an old-school guy who believes in the durability of a lightly turbo charged engine compared to a CRDI engine.
Old 18th December 2007, 20:17   #88

Force motors finally notified me today saying that they have instructed the Kerala dealer to take my order/deposit for the Gurka 4x4. Apparently this is the first Gurkha 4x4 to be delivered in Kerala. I talked to the dealer in Kottayam, Kerala and the pricing is as follows.

Soft Top: 7.28 lakhs plux registration, insurance and tax (6% in Kerala)

Hard Top: 7.78 lakhs plux registration, insurance and tax (6% in Kerala).

I ordered the hard top.

They have promised delivery in 45 days or max two months.

The technical specifications are pretty much what Samurai posted. Engine is rated at 75 bhp. The only correction is that the Ground Clearance is 235MM and not 210MM as stated in the first post.

Since the original engine was rated at 90BHP, I suspect they de-tuned the engine for millage and longevity which is what most buyer of Trax prefer. I will see if there is any engine mods that I can do to increase the bhp.

I also talked to the factory person about the useless highway tires that come standard. He said that Gurkha was given ARAI approval with these highway tires and they cannot sell it with the off-road tires. So I have to sell the OEM tires when I buy a good set. The radial tire that matches closest in diameter to the OEM 7.50X16 tire is 235/85/16. I am not sure if this size is available in India. The other radial tire that I know available on an Indian Vehicle that comes close to the 7.50X16 diameter is the tires that come on Scorpio Getaway pick up 245/75/15. This tire tire is about 3.7% smaller than the OEM hence the engine will run at slightly higher RPM at the same speed than the OEM tire.

Does anyone know any place in Bangalore/Chennai where I can order the 235/85/16 tires?

I have also asked the dealer if he could order me the previous generation round headlight frame, headlights and the Grille from the parts cataloge. I really like the classic G-Wagen look. Not a big fan of the new look. Dealer said that he would try to order it from Force Motors. If not, he will try to find a taxi operator who wants to upgrade his Trax to the *New Look* and swap out the headlights and the grille with mine. I also plan to have a decent dash-board fabricated with RMP meter better location for the Stereo etc.

To be honest this is **** load of money for a fairly dated and crude vehicle. I have to spend more to upgrade tires, interiors, etc. But I guess I guess this is one vehicle we could call the Desi Hummer.
Old 18th December 2007, 20:55   #89

Nice report Samurai.
Good pics.
I will take this chance to repost the Gurkha video. Will suit this thread a lot.
http://www.force4x4.com/video/4x4.wmv

Old 18th December 2007, 20:55   #90

@4x4addict

Why dont you go in for 7.5 R16 sand tyres, like the ones found on Army Jeeps? They are made by a number of Indian and foreign manufacturers, but make sure that you get radials, not crossplies. You will be able to preserve the ground clearance with these tyres.